Daniel Craig, not the best Bond...

edited November 2012 in Actors Posts: 25
I have a point here right? does anybody else thinks that Craig has nothing to do against Brosnan and Connery?
He is a great actor but as Bond, he is just not that good. His performances lack most of Bond's qualities and make me regret watching them so many times ( just because im such a fan of the saga).

Also I know he is not the one to blaim for 100% of the issue, the path that the last 3 movies have followed is a new, realistic
approach. Less cars, less chases, less weapons, less gadgets, less everything!, it follows the minimal design concept :
" less is more".
So who do you think is best? SC, PB or DC
Who's to blaim? Director or Actor...

P.D favorite movie GE.

Comments

• okidoke....
  • and i left them out on purpose, i was giving those 3 options, only those. sorry i didnt knew there were more threads...
  • I'm this will be locked at any moment, but one quick thing to consider - there's a huge difference between "best" and "favourite".

For a lot of people, when they dislike an actor's style (he isn't their favourite) they need to justify it further by somehow saying that the actor isn't the "best". But the two are not necessarily related.

Is Craig my favourite Bond? No, not at all. But is he the best Bond? I would have to say that he likely is.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Guillaume It's a bit unfair to ask us who we think the best Bond is- and then narrow the options down to your top three. IMO, the best- or closest to Fleming's Bond are: SC, GL, TD, and DC (in no particular order). I don't have a favourite Bond. I like them all pretty equally. :D
    Craig gave back my love for Bond after the joke of Moore and Bronson ruined it. He's my favourite Bond and thats saying lot as Connery was excellent in his first 4 films
  • Craig and Dalton are very overrated on this forum, and Sean is vastly underrated...
  • RC7RC7
    lahaine wrote:
    Craig gave back my love for Bond after the joke of Moore and Bronson ruined it.

A least with Bronson it felt like he really could kill a man.

;)
    ah god bless Bronson he couldn't fight his way out of a crisp packet. Great with suave side of things though but half the actor Craig is.

Craig and Dalton deserve all the praise they get. They given bond depth sadly Dalton didn't have the quality Craig has had but No way overrated
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,980
    RC7 wrote:
    lahaine wrote:
    A least with Bronson it felt like he really could kill a man. ;)
    Wait- you didn't find Roger's judo chop believable? :-\"
  • lahaine wrote:
    ah god bless Bronson he couldn't fight his way out of a crisp packet. Great with suave side of things though but half the actor Craig is.

Craig and Dalton deserve all the praise they get. They given bond depth sadly Dalton didn't have the quality Craig has had but No way overrated

Craig has weekend the Bond character by undermining the cold confidence which Sean and Tim had by replacing it with conflict and self doubt. Sean was a real man, Craig isn't somehow...
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,980
    Craig has weekend the Bond character
    Phew! For a second there, I thought you were criticizing Craig!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    We can't really say overall who's the best Bond because we all think differently. We can say who we think was the best though and I think that's Dalton.
    Craig and Dalton are very overrated on this forum, and Sean is vastly underrated...

Dalton is finally getting the praise he deserves. Craig is good, a bit overrated on here I think but overall he deserves the acclaim he's getting.

I actually started a thread where I had a list of favourite Bond actors for each MI6 member and Connery was winning. He's still the most popular Bond on here probably. I mean how many Connery bashers do you see? He's always at the top of lists, but I think most people agree that he was great and so there's not much discussion about him.
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote:
    lahaine wrote:

;)

Just to confim, I was referencing the serial killer Charles Bronson. No one named Bronson ever played Bond. :-w
    lahaine wrote:

Craig has weekend the Bond character by undermining the cold confidence which Sean and Tim had by replacing it with conflict and self doubt. Sean was a real man, Craig isn't somehow...

Cold Confindence Craig has it in spades. The last 30 minutes of Skyfall shows that in spades. A real man has conflict ad self doubt and thats why Craig's Bond has been the most successful since Connery.
    RC7 wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    lahaine wrote:

;)

Just to confim, I was referencing the serial killer Charles Bronson. No one named Bronson ever played Bond. :-w

Ah thats how muh he sucks i forgot to spell his name ;)
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    C L O S E D

PLEASE search for other threads before creating a new one. Especially one that is so likely to have been discussed elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.