What past reference would you like to see in Bond 24?

2»

Comments

Bond walking past a Jamaica night club and sees Baron Samedi's dance and performance. Bond gives a double take... :-))
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    There should be no intentional references, if some happen due to the many films already made, that's fair enough.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Mr. White leading Bond into the heart of Quantum.
  • BondBug wrote:
    Bond opens his office drawer. Inside there is the bikini worn by Ursula Andress - "Underneath the Mango Tree" theme plays. He then pulls out Halle Berry's bikini - we hear Madonna singing "Die Another Day" - you get the idea. Several bikinis later Bond pulls out Jill St Johns' bikini. M walks in and Bond quickly has to stuff all the bikini's back into the drawer!

=))
  • How about a bathtub scene? We haven't seen one of those in a while, have we?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,314
    BondBug wrote:
    Bond opens his office drawer. Inside there is the bikini worn by Ursula Andress - "Underneath the Mango Tree" theme plays. He then pulls out Halle Berry's bikini - we hear Madonna singing "Die Another Day" - you get the idea. Several bikinis later Bond pulls out Jill St Johns' bikini. M walks in and Bond quickly has to stuff all the bikini's back into the drawer!

Ha he could do it with all 23 films worth f bond girls. Take about 25 minutes.
  • jackdagger wrote:
    How about a bathtub scene? We haven't seen one of those in a while, have we?

With Bond and Bond girl scrubbing each other with a loafer!
    How about Bond does something outrageously unrealistic, and then that guy with the bottle stands up , looks at the bottle, then throws it away.
    None really? Only dialogue regarding Quantum should they return?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,450
    Though I don't suppose it's really a "reference," I would say to have Bond smoking.

It would be a nice return to form, but I think if they were going to throw in Bond smoking, it wouldn't have worked better than after his "death" in SF - drinking and smoking his days away until he hears of the attack on MI-6.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,892
    I'm not a smoker anymore, yet I wouldn't mind seeing Bond puffing on one every now and then. I like how Dalton did it with a particular style. However, If Craig were to smoke in one of his next films, I'd say there's a higher chance of him chomping on a cigar. I remember seeing this in one or two of the SF magazine interviews. The cigar did suit Moore and Brosnan, to a degree- although these scenes are fleeting. That's probably the best way to go about it- just one or two quick smoking scenes would suffice. Having said that, I don't care if we never see Bond smoke again. He's got other vices to keep him busy. ;)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Though I don't suppose it's really a "reference," I would say to have Bond smoking.

It would be a nice return to form, but I think if they were going to throw in Bond smoking, it wouldn't have worked better than after his "death" in SF - drinking and smoking his days away until he hears of the attack on MI-6.

I agree, as both a smoker and a Fleming's Bond fan. That was a perfect moment in SF for a cigarrette.

@QBranch Although the cigar could be regarded as more PC, it doesn't fit the gritty character of Craig. So it is less likely we ever see him smoking.
    By the way, I believe the only reason we saw Brosnan was because he went to Cuba, not because the writers or the producers wanted to return a little to his literary roots.
  • AliAli
    After the DB5 in Skyfall, has to be the Esprit this time...
  • After laughing my ass off reading this, I think the references to the past have now been completely covered. The only thing I now want for BOND 24 is a classic kind of romp with a GB in the beginning, a girl in the end, Bond at his best at all times, and some new memorable moments. Having QUANTUM a part of it is fine, but we don't need to have any more tributes.

I'm a cigar guy, and I find it amazing that some people consider cigars suddenly more PC than cigarettes. I still get the usual reactions "Oh, they stink" even while the person complaining is puffing on a cigarette. But then I'm smoking real stogies kept in a real humidor instead of those cheap tipped and flavored imitations of the real thing in a cheap packet hanging out of a pair of pants, with the top hanging down somewhere around the groin.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40,450
    I think Daniel Craig looks comfortable with a cigarette, and since he used to be a smoker, why not?

@SirHenryLeeChaChing, ignore those people. Cigars aren't as bad as cigarettes, so cigarette smokers such as me have no reason to complain.

Plus, cigarettes stink! Who are we to tell someone else that something stinks?