London Calling - Realizing A Dream

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited April 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 3,277
Hi there. In the next December, I'll finally realize the dream of my life which is visit London, the home of James Bond. I will be there for 15 days and spend Christmas and New Year's Eve in the city, from Dec. 23 to Jan. 07. My plans are to stay at the Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel (in Piccadilly, of course) or in the St. Giles Hotel, in Soho.

I'd like to know if anyone here would like to be my friend so I have someone to show me around, and go to some Bond places? I am cool guy, 26 yrs, beer drinker and woman lover. I can be a good friend.

xxx

Comments

Nice ad there Marketto. Give us city dwellers a shout nearer the time, I'm sure a beer or two can be arranged! :)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting marketto007: woman lover
    If you're staying in Soho you'll be in the right place then. Sort of. ;)

Yup, give us a head's up when it comes the time and we'll try and meet up with you, matey... :)
    Give us a shout around then. Should still be here. Know the area well.
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    My wife has very strict views about me going off and meeting people in Soho, but what the hell, if I'm free near the time I'd be up for a MI6 group meeting.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    Bond Camp mark 2. Or something. Yeah, I'd give it a go if I'm around. I'm actually writing a article about Bond's London, a kind of a guide to all the locations from the films, books and Fleming's life, right now. Would have had had it finished if not for a bad case of food poisoning. Anyway, would be good to meet up. The first Nu6 Bond Camp.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Wow guys. Thanks A LOT for the warming replies. I'm sure it's going to be simply amazing, a Brazilian fan meeting up with the Brits. I'll keep in touch using this Topic near my coming. Thanks again fellas. Can't wait to drink the England's finest beer. :D

xxx
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting doubleonothing: The first Nu6 Bond Camp.
    Guys, the tickets are bought. I'm going to be in London from Dec. 22 to Jan. 7th. As part of the trip, I'm going to Pinewood Studios. I would love a photo in front of the 007 Stage, but knowing the place is closed to the public, a photo in front of the Studios entrance will also be great.

But now here's the doubt. How's the easier way to go to Pinewood? Bus or Taxi? Thanks lads.

xxx
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Given the timing of when you'll be over here, Marketto (Christmas and New Year), not sure how many of us will be able to meet up with you, I'm afraid - but you may well have already realised that.

Anyhoo, as to your question, this may help...

http://www.pinewoodgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Pinewood-Studios-col-Directions-and-Map-to-studios.pdf

Tip: the Internet is almost always your friend... ;)
    Hey guys. I'll arrive in London next December 22nd, I'm counting the days...I'll stay on the Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel. :)

Now a quick doubt, anyone knows a Pub that shows the UFC Fights? UFC 141 between LESNAR and OVEREEM is on Dec. 30, so I'd like to know if there's a place to watch the fight.

Thanks.

xxx
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited November 2011 Posts: 4,399
    one of these days i'm going to get off my fat american behind and visit London as well...

who knows when that will happen... i would like to get it over and done with within the coming year or two.... would love to eventually meet up with some fine lads on here for a pint - when that day comes.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Late October 2012 will be a good time for that, @haserot ;)
    May I suggest the below hostel to stay in London. Its in Swiss Cottage - so not as central as Soho or Piccadilly but its a boutique hostel/hotel at hostel prices.

http://www.palmerslodge.co.uk/

I have lived in London for 17 years and its a great place to visit. I have never had a day where I am bored here.

For James Bond you have to visit

The MI6 HQ at Vauxhall
    The 02 arena from TWINE
    Sothebys in Bond Street from OP
    The College of Arms from OHMSS

I'll leave home in a few hours, take a bus to the airport, fly to Rio de Janeiro, Lisbon and then London. Almost two days involved, but I'm sure it'll worth every minute. I'll be on UK late Thursday. :D

xxx
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,879
    Have fun, marketto- remember to soak it all up/sink it all in and take heaps of photos! And keep your eye out for Bond celebs! :-h
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2011 Posts: 28,694
    QBranch wrote:
    Have fun, marketto- remember to soak it all up/sink it all in and take heaps of photos! And keep your eye out for Bond celebs! :-h
    And look out for Skyfall shooting! Hell, if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan visit 221B Baker St.(The Sherlock Holmes Museum) and make me even more jealous...
    :-<
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I love the wonderful Sherlock Holmes Museum (I am a huge fan of the books). Yes, have some Bonding good fun and soak up the London atmosphere. Wish I were there!
    I will be back in London (for good) in early January. Looking forward to Swiss Cottage, Belsize and the Heath!

Happy Christmas everyone.
    I love the wonderful Sherlock Holmes Museum (I am a huge fan of the books). Yes, have some Bonding good fun and soak up the London atmosphere. Wish I were there!
    Yes, a very cool stop, next to the Beatles store I believe?

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Have a great time, @marketto007! I'm sure you will, London is amazing. Especially this time of year it's really beautiful.
    This city is amazing mates.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited December 2011 Posts: 13,350
    The nice parts are...

I'm glad you're enjoying it Marketto!
    I'm now at the Camden Eye pub in Camden Town. Amazing place.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

Seriously? I love that place! Each time I visit London, I go there - often twice. Oh and the food... Camden Lock and all of the Asian food they practically give away for free! I . love . it!!!!!

DarthDimi wrote:

Seriously? I love that place! Each time I visit London, I go there - often twice. Oh and the food... Camden Lock and all of the Asian food they practically give away for free! I . love . it!!!!!

If you don't mind food poisoning? ;)

Camden's a riot. Next time you're over, you should go out on the tiles there, Darthster, it's much fun indeed. Best to avoid the 'funny cigarettes' they sell outside the Tube station, mind. :P

Actually, I once lived in Camden for a short time. I used to go to work in a suit and felt like a freak walking to the Tube each morning dressed like that. Ha, good times...
    I'm expending this night at the Four Seasons Hotel, what a great place.
    Bathing in British luxuries :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Have you had tea at the Ritz? Or Claridge's? (or anything stronger at their lovely bars) ...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Great to see another one of the MI6-ers making it to London. You guys met up yet there? Would love to return too, but have other cities and countries to go to first. Piccies please? ;)
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    St_George wrote:
    If you don't mind food poisoning? ;)

Meh, the spices work the magic. They cover up everything I don't want to taste. ;-)