Adele's 'Skyfall' is most covered Bond hit in decades (a list)!:

2»

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,811
    I'm not really surprised that it is one of the most covered James Bond titles songs. It's certainly the most memorable title song of the Craig era and has improved very much with time and many listens.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 4,622
    And finally Dutch rockband Within Temptation made their cover of 'Skyfall'. I think the younger fans like this a lot ;-). Vocals by frontsinger Sharon den Adel ;-):

This is a great version of the song- better than the original IMO- however I am a fan of this Dutch band - giants of the female fronted, symphonic-metal genre.
    Sharon den Adel I think has been the best female rock singer anywhere, from any genre, for quite some time.
    I've already got four of their releases. I am thinking of buying up the whole catalogue of cd and live releases, they are that good.

Thanks for posting the video, as the song itself failed to get released by Within Temptation.
    It's one of 4 missing songs from Within Temptation's 2013 Q Music Sessions covers album. Along with the other missing tracks, it wasn't released due to "copyright issues from the original artists."
    More here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Q-Music_Sessions

Sharon den Adel has an obvious visual,as well as vocal appeal.
    I would cast her as a Bond Girl and future title-song singer
    sharon-den-adel-4.jpg

Within Temptation is beyond discussion, they are that good.
    SaintMark wrote:

They are one of the best rock bands in the world period! I know they sell out Euro shows regularly. They just haven't made a big breakthrough in North America, but they hold their own over here too. They make the Billboard charts.
    timmer wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

They are one of the best rock bands in the world period! I know they sell out Euro shows regularly. They just haven't made a big breakthrough in North America, but they hold their own over here too. They make the Billboard charts.

I have seen them live and they are very good.

Perhaps something for EON to think over. This band would probably jump at the chance.

SaintMark wrote:
    I have seen them live and they are very good.Perhaps something for EON to think over. This band would probably jump at the chance.
    If I had to pick one band in the world to see live, that I haven't already seen live, it would be Within Temptation. Next time they are over here, I am first in line, along with all of the young girls who worship Sharon.
    But aside from Sharon's powerful vocals, the band has a guitar muscle appeal that appeals to guys. Very versatile band, especially in their later work. They can do both heavy and melodic, but sharons' voice carries most of the songs and takes them to another level.

I do like the way they slide in the James Bond Theme at the end of Skyfall. And they hint at it, in the beginning bits too. WT's version is the way I always wanted to hear Skyfall. The Adele version is a tad dirgy for my liking.
    WT amps it up and turns it into a great melodic rock song.

Skyfall is an oscar winning song. Lots of Bond songs have been nominated but all were snubbed by the Academy. Maybe the Academy figured it was long overdue so they give it to Skyfall.

I always thought that Carly Simon should have won that statute in 1977 with "Nobody does it Better". IMO a truly oscar worthy song.

Chris O'Connell's song has big balls and a pity no one wants to cover it.
  • I thought the song stunk. It was bland, boring and felt like I was listening to a song being played at a funeral . I'll take the living daylight by Aha anyday over skyfail.

This
    I think that EON struck GOLD with Adele, finaly a title song that really kicked *rse and was popular and actually added to the movies popularity and recognition. Which is what in my opinion is the purpose of a good titlesong, it advertises the movie.

I thought the song stunk. It was bland, boring and felt like I was listening to a song being played at a funeral . I'll take the living daylight by Aha anyday over skyfail.

This
    Then listen to the Within Temptation version above. WT have brought the song to life and there are even obvious JB Theme bits sprinkled in. The heavy guitars near the beginning may not be to everyone's taste, but once Sharon getting singing, the song takes off.
    One of the best Bond songs ever (WT version) of the post classic-era, methinks.
    I've been listening to it over and over as I surf the site here.
    Much thanks to @gustavgraves for posting the video clip, as I hadn't heard it before. I knew it existed but I hadn't stumbled across it or even really bothered to search for it either.
    Wish I had done a search earlier. Can't get enough of it now.
    Maybe I'll be a fanboy and email WT and ask them to play it at their shows, like Garbage does with TWINE and MacCartney with LALD. All good rock bands should have at least one Bond song in their live repertoire, I do believe.

• One last remark, and this isn't meant to be negative. But I think Adele's 'Skyfall' has so much melancholical longevity, that I think it will also be popular on funerals. No, not negative! I meant this positive, because I love it :-). And, mark my words for this, 'Skyfall' will get an Oscar nomination in the category for 'Best Original Song'.

Better they play it than not play at all. Skyfall overall is a nice song, if only Adele didn't use those stupid back-up vocals.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Adele's just done an excellent live cover of Skyfall on "Adele at the BBC".

:D
    Mallory wrote: »
    Adele's just done an excellent live cover of Skyfall on "Adele at the BBC".

:D

She's the original artist how does she do a cover???
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,341
    Skyfall is a lovely haunting tune. It is the only one of Craig films that the song shares the same title as the movie.
    I once saw a YouTube video of a Russian Army Men's chorus singing it. Those Russkies have some pipes!! Check it out

• DsyferDsyfer Philippines
    This one's by Our Last Night. And it's my favorite cover.

Why is it that I can never remember this song?