Adele's 'Skyfall' is most covered Bond hit in decades (a list)!:

edited November 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 11,119
It's quite incredible how many great covers I have found of Adele's original 'Skyfall'. Something that Jack Whyte, Alicia Keys and Chris Cornell could only dream of. It tells you something about the hit potential of 'Skyfall' as well :-). Here's a list:

Daniel Lazar's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Jun Sung Ahn with his violin solo of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Evan Duffy's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Alice Olivia's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Another great violin solo, this time by The Mad Violinist:
<youtube>

Nicolas Dupuis with his cover:
<youtube>

Hellena's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Eli Lieb's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Andddd.......another violin cover, by Daniel Jang:
<youtube>

KHS with his cover of the song:
<youtube>

The band Lies Of Love and their cover of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

Jedward (8th place on the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland) with their cover:
<youtube>

DinZy's version of 'Skyfall':
<youtube>

And to finish, Adele's original 'Skyfall' accompanied by a great video of the actual film:
<youtube>

One last remark, and this isn't meant to be negative. But I think Adele's 'Skyfall' has so much melancholical longevity, that I think it will also be popular on funerals. No, not negative! I meant this positive, because I love it :-). And, mark my words for this, 'Skyfall' will get an Oscar nomination in the category for 'Best Original Song'.

Comments

• Did anyone listen to these covers?
    Adele should sue Jedward for soiling her song!
  • Still not keen on the track to be honest despite the numerous covers.
  • Still not keen on the track to be honest despite the numerous covers.

Which of the covers are you not keen off then?
  • DRESSED_TO_KILLDRESSED_TO_KILL Suspended
    edited November 2012 Posts: 260
    I thought the song stunk. It was bland, boring and felt like I was listening to a song being played at a funeral . I'll take the living daylight by Aha anyday over skyfail.
  • I thought the song stunk. It was bland, boring and felt like I was listening to a song being played at a funeral . I'll take the living daylight by Aha anyday over skyfail.

Looking at your taste makes me wonder if it shows us the average taste as well. I think it's almost certainly a 'no'.
  • The song was alright, I enjoyed it more over the titles, but I still prefer the Muse one.
    Something that Jack Whyte, Alicia Keys and Chris Cornell could only dream of

Well Adele could only dream of making a song as good as You Know My Name :P
  • The song was alright, I enjoyed it more over the titles, but I still prefer the Muse one.
    Something that Jack Whyte, Alicia Keys and Chris Cornell could only dream of

Well Adele could only dream of making a song as good as You Know My Name :P

I think Adele lately dreams a lot of her newborn child. And when she wakes up....she finds out her dream has become reality :-).
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 58
    You should look up covers of her album '21' it's an endless list on youtube!! Literally hundreds of pages, thousands of covers!

I loved the The Mad Violinist and Eva Duffy :)
  • Yeah, I am quite surprised actually. I shall be honest that in my case...James Bond introduced me to Adele more properly. Given the huge success of the song 'Skyfall', I think it's almost certain now that Adele and Paul Epworth will earn an Oscar nomination in the category 'Best Original Song'.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Jedward?????

:-O :O :-B @-) >-) :o3 >:P ~X(
  • RogueAgent wrote:

Jedward should meet the same fate as Dario ;)

• edited December 2012 Posts: 1,310
    RogueAgent wrote:

Jedward?????

Here's a slightly better male duet that was left off the list that I found haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REReGowqE-Y
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    SJK91 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Jedward?????

Here's a slightly better male duet that was left off the list that I found haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REReGowqE-Y

Okay, it's better than Jedward, but then this was not too difficult...
    After all these cover version I have to listen again the original stuff... ;)
    This one is interesting, the pizzicato is cool but the chorus doesn't have the power of Adele's voice. You'll need a brass section for that.
  • Germanlady wrote:

This guy is one of my favourite Youtubers. He's done some great covers.

He improves the SF theme imo.

• Germanlady wrote:

This guy is one of my favourite Youtubers. He's done some great covers.

He improves the SF theme imo.

I agree. He has made some really great covers!

However, I don't think he improves it. I am a rock fan...so of course I really enjoy it. But even though I was a bit disappointed with Adeles song at the first listening...found it just ok til good... it grew so much on me. I love it now! Fits the movie perfectly imo.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Rekonciled Feat Eshon Burgundy

Rekonciled-SKYFALL.jpg

• LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Curry Ahn's violin is one of my favourites including those :

and Good Bye June I can't find on youtube anymore, pity.

• Okay, this is for the Dutch/Belgium Bond fans (@Gustav_Graves and @MBalje, I don't know if there are more)

It's the carnaval version of SkyFall. Carnaval is kind of the Halloween of the lower-Netherlands. We dropped the scary element and substituted it for crazy suits and booze (kind of like in Rio, but in the freezing cold)
    It's the carnaval version of SkyFall. Carnaval is kind of the Halloween of the lower-Netherlands. We dropped the scary element and substituted it for crazy suits and booze (kind of like in Rio, but in the freezing cold)

Rarely read such a load of rubbish. Carnaval is derived from the the Christian religion and has nothing whatsoever to do with Halloween, but I guess you are just a HOLLANDER, een verrekte kaaskop who fails to see the celebration, mainly in the southern Dutch provinces.

I live near Mestreech in the Dutch Mountains.

And the song is totaly rubbish a Brabant orientated song by the sound of it, which is a different kind of carnaval, or vasteloavend as we call it. :!!
  • SaintMark wrote:

Rarely read such a load of rubbish. Carnaval is derived from the the Christian religion and has nothing whatsoever to do with Halloween, but I guess you are just a HOLLANDER, een verrekte kaaskop who fails to see the celebration, mainly in the southern Dutch provinces.

And the song is totaly rubbish a Brabant orientated song by the sound of it, which is a different kind of carnaval, or vasteloavend as we call it. :!!

I dislike your tone, @SaintMark!

Of course I know Carnaval isn't derived from Halloween, but it was an easy way to explain what it was!
    I'll have you know that I'm from Northern-Brabant, so born and raised around Carnaval here. Maybe it doesn't match the way you guys over in Maastricht celebrate it, but that doesn't give you the right to call me out like that!

Next time, think before you post!
    And finally Dutch rockband Within Temptation made their cover of 'Skyfall'. I think the younger fans like this a lot ;-). Vocals by frontsinger Sharon den Adel ;-):

SaintMark wrote:

I dislike your tone, @SaintMark!

Of course I know Carnaval isn't derived from Halloween, but it was an easy way to explain what it was!
    I'll have you know that I'm from Northern-Brabant, so born and raised around Carnaval here. Maybe it doesn't match the way you guys over in Maastricht celebrate it, but that doesn't give you the right to call me out like that!

Next time, think before you post!

You better think before you post a daft comparisson.

And indeed your carnaval has nothing to do with our Vasteloavend.;)

Then again those Germans also know how to party, as do the South-Americans or Carribean nations. Which is general knowledge to anybody who calls himself o 007 fan as carnaval played a part in MR (whether you liked the movie or not).

• GoldenballGoldenball United States
    . . . . . And, mark my words for this, 'Skyfall' will get an Oscar nomination in the category for 'Best Original Song'.

Quite prescient of you in spite of the negativity at the time.

My call, too.

Goldenball wrote:
    . . . . . And, mark my words for this, 'Skyfall' will get an Oscar nomination in the category for 'Best Original Song'.

Quite prescient of you in spite of the negativity at the time.

My call, too.

It's about knowing what people really want I guess. Having some empathy and try to read upcoming trends.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2013 Posts: 4,437
    Nice try that Within Temptation version.

And that carnaval version. Sorry, but then i prefer this spoof:

This whas kind of joke on fact some fames people say to easy yes to get there head on tv over and over again and on the Dutch channel who made a big fall..

Another Dutch in English

Some classic version:

• CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well if we're going to make this a Dutch flamewar, I should step in and tell you people that none of those under the main rivers are sane. Why go dress up like idiots if you want to get hammered? You have to be a Catholic to come up with that sort of nonsense. Try just sitting at a bar and ordering a drink. It works far bettter.
    Why we still keep that part of the country with the Kingdom is beyond me. All we get from the south either whitewashed or corrupt politicians.

I guess now you guys can cohort together and start marching up north ;-)

Anyway, I guess there are many more covers. None really appeal to me. That song is pretty hard to sing in a convincing way. Oh, and both the TV-shows covers are cringeworthy and making me want to immigrate.