create a Bond 24 plot

124»

Comments

• edited September 2013 Posts: 421
    Sorry to drag up this old dinosaur, but I've had a possible idea for a theme. (Not so much a plot).

What about playing on the dangers of mass movement of labour/illegal migration and the risk of human trafficking? If this was tied into an evil plan (I use the term very loosely), it could have a very contemporary feel to it.

One of the "problems" I think it has it that it would be difficult for the film to have a happy ending. It's such a huge, global problem that whatever Bond's mission involved - you'd know that it was still going on after the screen goes black.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts would without doubt head towards the tinderbox that is the Middle East. I think seeing that Quantum is a more corporate behind the scenes kind of criminal organisation. I think they could be involved in starting a regional war which would impact the price of oil worldwide. Pitching different ethnic groups against each other somehow?
    With recent events like the chemical attack in Syria, the recent warming of potential relations between the USA and Iran? Would Quantum destabilise it too fill there pockets. It is current and in a way always has been. It is like a new cold war in some respects. Think it would be absolutely fascinating to see how EON would broach this subject?
  • I was watching a documentary recently on Yuri Geller...so how about Bond chases after a world-famous illusionist who is suspected to be working for the Russians?

I kid. I was thinking about the recent peace agreement brokered by the US and Russia. How about someone is planning to sabotage an established peace agreement for financial gain? Given that one of the countries involved in the agreement is one of Britain's allies, Bond is dispatched to provide assistance.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited September 2013 Posts: 4,444
    Segment/scene title - Operation Crossbird: Mi6 get film role in hand with picture of meeting between Quantum members with a very intresting person on it. This person be earlier Property Of Lady.
    Quantum wants to use a ship full of oil as a bomb to destroy a British port, near a refinery. Okay, Djibouti by Elmore Leonard had something very similar to this, sadly, but it took a back seat to, well, the most disappointing Leonard novel I ever read. The only disappointing one I read, in fact. But anyway, that would be a simple, yet large-scale and effective plot. Use unused elements of the novel TB.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 5,745
    "Bond's hunt for the mastermind behind the Quantum organization is taken to a new level when the group targets the recently married Eve Moneypenny and Felix Leiter, forcing Bond to break M's orders, racing off to the Alps to protect the honeymooned couple at all costs, testing his loyalty to his newly positioned boss."
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    Take Moonraker book, you update for our time and use the original Ian Fleming plot where instead main story to be rewritten for our time with update in terms of locations , gadgets -if any needed-- a bit more sense of humor.

cast: Daniel Craig as --James Bond, Rachel Witz as Gala and Richard E.Grant as an over the top Drax...M, Q, Moneypenny and Tanner are back

At the end of the film we discover Quantum is behind Drax and it's controlled by Spectre the head of which is a very nasty Marrion Cotlllard, doughter of Erns Stavro Blofeld created by Spectre as a clone of her death (are we sure?) father.
    Blofeld will be seen only by hands and cat on TV screen (but it is him for real o just her daughter projection) until he is discovered alive on the very last scene of the movie, as the evil phantom behind everything, doughter included, who probably dies saving him and expected to be revenged in -bond 25-

A lot of Tracy involved in flashbacks as well as Vesper.....in James nightmares.....where we see a projection of Blofeld himself as nemesis of Bond. Blofrld ìs in -james Bond mind, but so strongly present that ultimately we discover is alive and kicking.
    The only actors can play it are Max Von Sydow, again after NSNA in the same country gentleman look, -sir Anthony Hopkins in an Hannibal variation and Kevin Species as one the most brilliant actor of his time.

I would love a third villain performed by Gary Oldman, he gave us some of the nasty guys in movies and it seems a shame to just let him be Commissioner Gordon in Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy....
    So basically you want Marion Cotillard to have the exact same role she had in TDKR. And pretty much a rehashed TDKR for Bond 24.
  • EmilioEmilio Palmyra, Nassau
    edited November 2013 Posts: 175
    Ludovico wrote:
    So basically you want Marion Cotillard to have the exact same role she had in TDKR. And pretty much a rehashed TDKR for Bond 24.

a more Inside-Bond-mind one....and presence of Marion Cotillard more as an homage to Christopher Nolan
  • edited November 2013 Posts: 14,831
    Emilio wrote:
    Ludovico wrote:

a more Inside-Bond-mind one....and presence of Marion Cotillard more as an homage to Christopher Nolan

Entire plot twists with same characters and cast, it is a copy, not an homage. You might have thought it was an homage, it is still a copy.
    Raoul Silva'a twin brother turns up out for revenge (Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a dead ringer IMO for Javier Bardem. The Bond world has yet to see srevenge for the death of a sibling. There intial plot for Diamonds are Forever involved Auric Goldfinger's twin appearing as the big bad but this obviously never happened. I dont see why Bond cant be confronted with " Hans/Simon Gruber" type confrontation ala Die Hard.
    How about they try and make the plot of the novel YOLT a movie.
    LeChiffre wrote:
    Raoul Silva'a twin brother turns up out for revenge (Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a dead ringer IMO for Javier Bardem. The Bond world has yet to see srevenge for the death of a sibling. There intial plot for Diamonds are Forever involved Auric Goldfinger's twin appearing as the big bad but this obviously never happened. I dont see why Bond cant be confronted with " Hans/Simon Gruber" type confrontation ala Die Hard.

Because it is the stuff of soap opera ans there was no mention of a twin brother in SF to begin with. Silva is a loner, someone who had a family, but in SF this is past, he only has the resources his intelelct gave him, his crew of henchmen and a misplaced feeling of belonging towards M.
    I would like elements of the short stories to be included specifcally M asking Bond to do a favor off the book (for your eyes only) Bond having to investigate the security of a base (the hildebrand rarity) and destroying shipments of weapons (quantum of Solace)
    http://www.beyondhollywood.com/will-bond-23-be-the-property-of-a-lady/

I always liked this idea and it fits with what we know about Quantum I mean for crying out loud the Prime Minister's closest advisor is a Quantum Agent!
    Turn the game Agent Under Fire into a movie. Thats my Bond dream cause I loved the plot in that game. I think i would make a great movie
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Risico007 wrote:

I always liked this idea and it fits with what we know about Quantum I mean for crying out loud the Prime Minister's closest advisor is a Quantum Agent!

Yes, very true. Replace that with the Illuminati or some such secret society, cult or organisation and QoS is not very far from the truth. I'd love to see this Le Carre-esque idea that the Powers That Be are rotten to the core and Bond is out on his own and can no longer trust The Establishment further developed in Bond 24, where I hope the Quantum organisation will reappear in the James Bond films.
  • RC7RC7
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Yes, very true. Replace that with the Illuminati or some such secret society, cult or organisation and QoS is not very far from the truth. I'd love to see this Le Carre-esque idea that the Powers That Be are rotten to the core and Bond is out on his own and can no longer trust The Establishment further developed in Bond 24, where I hope the Quantum organisation will reappear in the James Bond films.

I can see why people like this kind of angle, everybody is all for 'realism' these days, that inane platitude that's as useful as the word 'nice' (Not pointing the finger at you Draggers). Personally I find it quite boring. In principle the ideas of Quantum, both the organisation and the film, appear to work on paper. In reality I just feel like it comes across as particularly staid. This isn't to say they can't weave a bit of Bond-esque quirkiness into the fabric of the organisation, but I think SF adequately displayed why Bond films generally work best when the villains have something distinguishable and otherworldly about them. Dominic Greene is an amalgamation of Blair and Sarkozy, whereas Silva takes inspiration from Assange. The reality is that the idiosyncratic rogue individual is what elevates Bond to the gold standard. The idea of a powerful member of parliament being a ruthless villain does not float my boat. Guy Haines looks like a Geography teacher, not a Bond villain.

• 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Perdogg wrote:
    No one likes my idea of Alligator?

You may want to rethink the title ;-)

I had an idea for a plot soon after QoS. The film starts off with the systematic assassinations of all the Double 0 agents. Only Bond survives but is then set up as the patsy by both the British and American security services for the killings. The plot would have unravelled to find that the Director of the CIA and and The Minister of Defence were colluding together. Only M believes Bond wasn't responsible.

I didn't get any further with it because soon after SF was announced and the plot synopsis was kind of similar.

Alligator was of course also a Bond spoof novel by Harvard Lampoon. Perhaps this is what @Perdogg was getting at, no?

Has anyone read 'Alligator'

5174PMHZRWL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Anything involving Ernst Stavros will do fine for me!
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 316
    Okay, i'll take a whack at it. (this may go into seemingly unnecessary detail about unimportant to the plot things)

We open in a Vancouver (007 in Canada!) opera house on a night just before Christmas, with snow falling and Bond walking inside for a Christmas concert. Inside we see the main title singer cameoing as the first soloist to perform. Bond sees a few baddies approaching him from all directions and he excuses himself as she begins performing Psalm 23. Bond gets in his car and drives away with the singer still performing over the chase, but is cut off by the thugs and has to abandon and run into a foresty area of some sort (state park?). He shiftily takes out the thugs one by one until it develops into Bond chasing one thug back into the city and into a skyscraper. Bond corners him but the thug in full stride throws himself out the window to his death whilst shouting "Terra Nova"
    Credits with green, leafy, eco-y feel by Florence Welch/Ellie Goulding?
    Back at MI6 we see a crowd of protestors going on about a recent MI6 endeavor in Central Asia that ended with them blowing something up and having hurt the environment, their involvement having been leaked online. The protest grows louder and more violent until M's entourage arrives and a protestor throws a tear gas canister at him, also shouting "Terra Nova," as he exits the car. He is tackled by the police and the protestors begin to rattle the fence and M stares them down for awhile and turns away. We then have a Moneypenny scene (a la Samantha Bond in Goldeneye) and then M chastises them rather angrily, and asks Bond what he knows about Greek mythology. Bond, pissed off, replies "if you're going to shit-talk with me, then let me have a drink first." M grins, and tells Bond that he has to study it up, explaining that another agent had been killed in the Canadian Rockies while investigating strange, cryptic signals coming from a suspected Quantum agent based in a remote cabin. Found taped to his body was a picture of a dead Hector of Troy with a woman grieving over his body. He then explains that the protestors were most likely connected to an eco-terrorist group called the New Earth Movement, hence the "Terra Nova." Bond is sent back to Canada to investigate the cabin. We then have a Q scene in which Bond is given a "wedding ring" that actually injects a deadly neurotoxin when you punch someone with it.
    We then cut to a remote tropical island, where we see one of the thugs from earlier, revealed to be rather young and vulnerable looking, being interrogated by a female voice as to why he has failed to kill Bond. She intercuts this with the story of Patroclus, a young friend of Achilles who was eager to fight, but lacked skill and experience and thus was forbidden by Achilles from entering combat. Eventually he disguised himself as Achilles and went into combat, but made several stupid mistakes and was killed by Hector. She tells him that he has one more chance to succeed and orders him out, but stabs him in the back as he exits, and looks down on his body, revealing her face as that of the main villain, Andromache (the wife of Hector in the Trojan War mythology) She is in her forties, looks too old for Bond, but is nonetheless very beautiful. Her main henchwoman, Nina, a beautiful German, is called in and sent to Australia for an unknown reason.

Bond, now back in Canada, journeys out into the mountains and sees the cabin at which the agent had been killed, burned down. He ventures inside and finds a radio repeating "120 Terra Nova." He relays the information to MI6 before it self-destructs. Back at his hotel, he meets an Australian investigative journalist named Grace Faris there on vacation and they get all flirty-flirty until she receives an urgent call about a story home in Australia. Back up in his room, Bond sees on TV that there has been a major oil spill in the South Pacific, causing an environmental catastrophe.

That morning, January 20, it is revealed that the spill has caused international uproar as it was leaked online that the ship, which was going from Sydney to Tokyo, was part of an American covert attempt to spy on the Chinese, with the full cooperation and assistance of the European Union. This sets off environmental riots around the world, in New York, Beijing, Rome, London, San Francisco, Tokyo, and Paris shown on the screen. In the confusion a bomb goes off at the World Trade Center in San Francisco, closing it indefinitely. Bond realizes the connection between the message from the cabin (january 20, 1/20) and the riots, and calls M and tells him that New Earth is affiliated with Quantum. M sends him to Sydney to investigate the spill.

In Sydney, Bond goes to the pier where the ship had launched and runs into Grace, who had slipped past the security clearances. Nina is there as well, and after Bond leaves Nina begins to stalk Grace throughout Sydney. Grace manages to evade her, finds Bond at his hotel and pleads for Bond's help, telling him that she has been investigating mysterious radio interceptions from an island near Tahiti, and that she believes they are connected to the oil spill. On the news, they find out that the G8 leaders are holding an emergency summit at a military base in Siberia.

Back on Andromache's island, in a similar scene to her introduction, Nina is being interrogated as to why she has failed as well. She tells her the story of Cassandra, a Princess of Troy who had the ability to tell the future, but was cursed by Apollo when she refused his advances and thus nobody ever believed her. She tells Nina that she hopes Nina will keep her from becoming like Cassandra and orders her to kill both Bond and Grace, then tells her to leave. Nina, having seen what she did to the henchman from earlier, becomes nearly hysterical and exits the room while Andromache grins and chuckles to herself, but does not kill Nina.

Bond and Grace begin sailing toward the island, but as they draw closer Nina appears and there is a boat chase that culminates with Nina ramming their boat and taking them captive out of the water. They are taken to the island and to Andromache's lair, which is revealed in a wide shot to be a vast Victorian mansion, and whose only occupants are Andromache and Nina. Grace is taken to be killed by Nina while Andromache tells Bond a story about when she was 17 and living on the streets. A man had tried to rape her but she overpowered him and put a gun to his head. She watched him crumble from a tough rapist into a blubbering coward and from that point on she realized she could "bring out the true colors of anyone. I can strip away man's defenses with one look." She then tells Bond the story of the mythical Andromache of Troy, who after the fall of Troy, the death of her son and husband, and being forced into prostitution by a Greek conqueror, poisoned him and became queen of Epirus. She explains that like Andromache of myth, she is able "to rise from ruin and claim what they have given me by virtue of their greed." She reveals herself to be the head of Quantum and tells Bond that New Earth's leadership are all Quantum agents, and that they have been using it to incite riots. She explains that she has engineered the riots, the oil spill, fabricated all the leaked information, and the bomb in San Francisco, to force an emergency summit, where she plans to kidnap the G8 leaders and hold them for ransom, bomb the City of London and the New York Stock Exchange, and begin killing one every 3 days until she is paid a ransom of 20 Billion Swiss francs, which would be unaffected by the economic crisis. She then taunts Bond about Vesper, and he stares at her for a time until he overpowers her bodyguards and kills them with his ring. He briefly fights with Andromache, who manages to hold her own with Bond, until she kills the lights in the mansion and they begin hunting one another down in the dark while Andromache taunts Bond over Beethoven's 7th. In the confusion, Grace manages to slip away from Nina and goes looking for Bond. Eventually all three end up in one room and Grace shoots Andromache in the leg and abdomen. They steal Andromache's documents and computer, managing to get the two groups of Quantum agents on their way to kidnap the G8 leaders to attack one another and sustain heavy losses. Bond sees Nina get on a plane to go to the summit, and he and Grace take the other after activating the self destruct, assuming Andromache has already bled out or will be killed in the explosion.

Bond and Grace race to the summit, warn the leaders of the plot, and take off into the forest to find Quantum. They engage in a final battle from their plane against the men on the ground, until Bond goes outside of the plane and manually drops its bomb on the men. Running out of gas, they land conveniently near a dogsled that takes them of a luxurious, unoccupied ski lodge.

Back on the island, Andromache is revealed to be very much alive, crawling onto the boat and alerting Nina. Nina sneaks into the cabin, and puts a gun to Grace's head, but Grace hits her with a hot poker and Bond pushes her off the deck, where the dogs take care of her. Grace looks horrified, but Bond tells her not to "terrier yourself up over it." (I had to). They begin to bonk while CNN reports that the last of the riots have ended and the economy is beginning to restabilize.

CAST:
    Daniel Craig as Bond
    Rose Byrne as Grace Faris
    Charlotte Gainsbourg as Andromache
    Lea Seydoux/Mila Kunis as Nina
  • Now the EON and MGM own SPECTRE they should do a plot where Quantum and SPECTRE team up with the return of Blofeld. I think it would be an interesting combo.
  • Just a couple of thoughts. G/ Day from Aust;

Commander Bond,Field Promotion, an assignment on board a NATO Aircraft Carrier. Possible,theft of top secret missiles,fighter jet gets stolen. CMR Bond overseeing security.
    Demonstration goes wrong and security is breached. Blueprint has been copied.
    Character Actor, plays Military Naval Attache, high level spy plot.
    United Nations, Multi-Disciplinery Naval International Peacekeeping Force. male/ female
    In the Mediterranean sea, off North Africa. NATO exercise with yanks ruskie & All Euros.
    On-board mess dress dinners, romance, & usual scull-duggery.
    Milt/Title M , 1st LT. Mr Q and Ms Act Lt. Moneypenny in dress whites are on board, providing James with his chain of command and his needed supports.

My main thoughts, are a Naval Life at sea, Based Movie, with usual britanic pride upheld and Cultural detonte of (2) young female, NATO naval officers, exchange, maintained.

Kind regards. des_Mond_002 26 / 12 / 2013.

PS. I have enjoyed all 23 movies, plus all the bonus material in the fifty years collection.
  • To keep things super contemporary, how about Bond goes after the NSA for being a little too wiretap happy ;-)
  • edited December 2013 Posts: 316
    To keep things super contemporary, how about Bond goes after the NSA for being a little too wiretap happy ;-)

and meets up with Jinx? or, real life plot twist, it's really Halle Berry stalking all of us trying to find where Bond is after he ditched her?
  • I have a full plot over on CommanderBond for my adaptation of High Time to Kill by Raymond Benson as Bond 24.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/63849-a-high-time-to-kill-film-adaptation/#entry1270821