A place for disappointed skyfall viewers

Comments

Adieu, mon Cavalier! Adieu!
  • The division is the same as between any set of believers and non-believers in a way, though it also has the rage of those who feel they ought to be on the same side, and it's a mind f*** to find that's not the case, you know a bit Lenin v Trotsky, Blur v Oasis, Blair v Brown.

On the one hand, folk are annoyed at the naysayers and nitpickers who want to bring the party down, the kind who will be at a party and not join in but stay in the kitchen bitching and saying 'But what does life all really mean?' and not even bring their own booze, while the others want to get off their tits and get laid.

Or are you in the group who feel only too rational in the face of utter blindness, that the others are a Tea Party movement of fans who only care about feeling good in the face of utter insanity, who can turn cartwheels to explain away any leap of logic and regard any rational objection as somehow life denying and god-forsaken?
    All I know is that all the weed is on this side of the party, and I think they're all a little bit jealous!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Getafix wrote:
    All I know is that all the weed is on this side of the party, and I think they're all a little bit jealous!

=)) if you only knew! Guaranteed no one around here is a bigger head than me. And yet I am intelligent at all times. Some people just can't handle it.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, apparently some people (or one?) want Bond movies obeying logical reasons and coherent logical storytelling? And then on the other hand complain, that all the ingredients of then Bond movie formula are not in there or not all of them and not in the orrect order as established by the Ten Commandments of Cubbby & Harry? No baddie stealing nuclear missiles and want to gain the power over the whole world or, otherwise will destroy it? ^#(^ (:| :ar! :)] :bz 3:-O
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 11,425
    Getafix wrote:

=)) if you only knew! Guaranteed no one around here is a bigger head than me. And yet I am intelligent at all times. Some people just can't handle it.

Welcome back dude! I knew the aroma from across the hallway would mean you wouldn't be able to stay away for long!

How did this thread evolve into a thread discussing the people discussing SF?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If this thread is fo negative opinions and the review thread for positive ones, just where exactly are we meant to debate SF?

Just because a few people were being dicks why does it mean the rest of us can't talk to people with different opinions about the film?
    Zekidk wrote:
    How did this thread evolve into a thread discussing the people discussing SF?

Threadception.
  • It all seems a bit Rosa Parks and Ghandi over here
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 3,494
    Getafix wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

Welcome back dude! I knew the aroma from across the hallway would mean you wouldn't be able to stay away for long!

While never adverse to sharing someone else's, I ALWAYS have my own. Just couldn't resist a comment but not sorry to say this brand of weed here is a bit too much "underdeveloped homegrown" that needs some seasoning. Meaning watch the film a few more times to be sure it can't be seen in a different light.

• @dressed_to_kill

are you a critic in your day job?

Or do you just go through life looking for absoloute clarity on everything and/or looking for fault rather than success?

Yes it has its errors, and loose ends. Show me a movie that doesn't.

Why DOES every aspect of this movie have to have documentary quality information and clarity for some people? It's a work of fiction, of fantasy. Enjoy it for what it is, and it seems, tens of millions worldwide are doing so....just a reasonble piece of entertainment.
  • Alright, I'm confused and since nobody has answered me I'll ask again.

If this is for negative opinions, and the review thread is for positive opinions, then where the hell are we meant to discuss the film?

That means what we have is "it's great, best Bond ever!!!" or "it was overhyped, what a let down" then everyone agrees and it repeats.

I think that's boring and we should have somewhere to freely discuss the film with different opinions.
  • I agree. This nasty divisive thread should be closed down.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Alright, I'm confused and since nobody has answered me I'll ask again.

If this is for negative opinions, and the review thread is for positive opinions, then where the hell are we meant to discuss the film?

That means what we have is "it's great, best Bond ever!!!" or "it was overhyped, what a let down" then everyone agrees and it repeats.

I think that's boring and we should have somewhere to freely discuss the film with different opinions.

I think in any thread that's going. The problem is many threads will go one way or the other and it's up to the members of the forum to not let this happen, if at all possible.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Alright, I'm confused and since nobody has answered me I'll ask again.

The problem is that these threads kept coming up and being closed. For good reason! The other thread should be the place for discussion. But some people kept complaining that they had the right to open other threads so the mods gave them a chance. We both know where this is going, don't we? The initial decision to have a single thread was the right one.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The problem is though the single thread was pretty much against negative opinions and that's why this one was opened.
  • I have a dream
  • chamutakramchamutakram Dallas
    edited November 2012 Posts: 40
    Could you at least let people know that there are spoilers in the OP?
  • Could you at least let people know that there are spoilers in the OP?

I think it's fairly obvious from the title that there will be spoilers.

They're Skyfall viewers that were disappointed so yeah they're going to talk about the film.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The problem is though the single thread was pretty much against negative opinions and that's why this one was opened.

I answered politely to the questions that were raised by a few members, while they were complaining nobody was giving them attention. Guess what, they just ignored my answers and kept posting the same opinions over and over again. Hardly interested in discussing don't you think? I chose to ignore from that point but other people got fed up of it, I don't blame them.
  • Sandy wrote:

I answered politely to the questions that were raised by a few members, while they were complaining nobody was giving them attention. Guess what, they just ignored my answers and kept posting the same opinions over and over again. Hardly interested in discussing don't you think? I chose to ignore from that point but other people got fed up of it, I don't blame them.

=D> That's it in a nutshell. DTK did every bit of that. Dimi did his job, he didn't like what he heard from him and others like us and initiated this new thread.

From my POV, it was not. But if you present one side of an opinion, you have to accept and respond to criticisms of that opinion. When you ignore other posters and repeat yourself as nauseum and then start insulting people, negative reactions in turn are to be expected.
    Seems this thread is so 'boring' that people just can't stay away!

Meanwhile, over at 'Fan Reviews' (rock on!) there's not a peep.

Funny that.

The host may be out of his mind on weed, but that's not gonna get in the way of a good party.
    I agree. This nasty divisive thread should be closed down.

Friend, the whole reason this thread was created was because the neighbours kicked us out of their party. As practically EVERYONE has now said, if you don't like it here, there is another party to go to... it's just a little bit dull.

So, if you prefer it here, and find the company a little less intolerant, then please hang around. You might like it.
  • I like the film but I reckon I'll stick around because honestly I think it's more fun discussing the film with somebody who thinks differently to me.

If people agree with me, what more is there to say? We agree, end of conversation. Bit boring really.
  • Getafix wrote:
    I agree. This nasty divisive thread should be closed down.

Friend, the whole reason this thread was created was because the neighbours kicked us out of their party. As practically EVERYONE has now said, if you don't like it here, there is another party to go to... it's just a little bit dull.

So, if you prefer it here, and find the company a little less intolerant, then please hang around. You might like it.

Some of the company here is definitely far less intolerant. No one was kicked out, the dissenters chose to leave. Short of responding to a question here, I've had my fun and made my points and am now heading out the door that Peter used. I will stand by my claim that I can present a logical alternative view to 75% of the issues DTK and others has presented. They are minor quibbles and if one can't accept alternative views, then what is the point of debate?
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 553
    Totally agree. I loved it, but it isn't the second coming and it isn't even, for me, the best Craig Bond
    Sir Henry, I think that's the point of this thread. If you want to speak your mind freely without being accused of being a troll or (worse perhaps) a MR fan, then you're always weclome. Hopefully see you later! ;)
    I happen to love the movie as well. But this post is a good idea for like minded individuals to discuss what they disliked about the film. good idea. Let the dissatisfied feel like they are among friends.
    I like to read their comments. Maybe i can convince them to give the film another shot.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 284
    Getafix wrote:
    Sir Henry, I think that's the point of this thread. If you want to speak your mind freely without being accused of being a troll or (worse perhaps) a MR fan, then you're always weclome. Hopefully see you later! ;)

First comment i got was he has not seen the film if he does not like it then i was a troll
This discussion has been closed.