Which film(s) is the perfect start-off point for a new fan of Bond?

2»

Comments

• Getafix wrote:
    Depends on who is watching the film. I think TSWLM is a nice place to start. You have to have a cold heart not to enjoy Spy.

I think that's the best place to start too.

Well, I thought the same thing, which is why I suggested it to my friend. She did claim to enjoy it, but it was evident she didn't love it either. She's not really big into action films and tends to watch indie dramas primarily. In that respect TSWLM is from a completely different world. But I was hoping it would make the point.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 176
    I didn't care for TSWLM either. I just did a Bond ranking and I think I put it at # 18 or 19.

You should try FRWL and Goldfinger. She might like those a lot better.
  • Any of the "definitive" Bond films. Such as DN, FRWL, GF, TB, TSWLM, GE, CR, etc. As much as I loved the Dalton/Lazenby films I feel they'd be more appreciated by established fans rather than new-comers.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Females might like GE as a place to start IMO, or TLD if they can deal, but Bond is mainly a guy's territory, and a woman has to be very secure & strong to get into it, just as a guy has to be very secure with his 'feminine' side to like so-called 'chick flicks'- which I personally can handle quite easily... (see; Chocolate or Benny & Joon or Terms Of Endearment or Ghost, etc.)