50 years from now, will revisionist Bond historians upgrade or downgrade various actors who played

1235»

Comments

• acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    Regan wrote:
    acoppola wrote:
    Actually when I used to manage an office, I would always let the Dalton fans slack off at work. The Dalton haters would get treated harsher and carry the weight!

A Dalton fan would not be docked for being late. But a Dalton hater would get a hard time. ))

lol, I'd be living the life, if you were managing my office... B-)
    acoppola wrote:
    Hope your day gets better @Regan

Thank you!

Yes, we would get along for sure and you would have an easier day!:)

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I'd actually pay my employees a yearly bonus for being a Dalton fan.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    edited November 2012 Posts: 1,243
    chrisisall wrote:

I can understand that. Liking Dalton shows individuality as long as a person can explain why they do. Considering I was a huge Roger Moore fan going in to see TLD, I was certainly not disappointed with what I was getting and liked the fresh approach. And Roger was a Bond icon when I grew up.

A non-Bond fan will generally not look deeper into the history or authenticity of the character. Many know Bond at a surface level, watch a few films and that's it. But then claim like they know the character.

acoppola wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

I can understand that. Liking Dalton shows individuality as long as a person can explain why they do. Considering I was a huge Roger Moore fan going in to see TLD, I was certainly not disappointed with what I was getting and liked the fresh approach. And Roger was a Bond icon when I grew up.

A non-Bond fan will generally not look deeper into the history or authenticity of the character. Many know Bond at a surface level, watch a few films and that's it. But then claim like they know the character.

I had that kind of relationship with another of the actors when growing up. Can you guess which one? ;)
    Brosnan? You seem the correct age...
    chrisisall wrote:
    Brosnan? You seem the correct age...

Yep :p
    edited November 2012 Posts: 17,694
    Me too, but his 'Bond' girl was Laura Holt back then...