Barbara Broccoli: "Bond is not ready for 3D."

2»

Comments

• I've never seen a movie in 3d unless you count the old school home video with the red and green 3-D specs. It just a gimmic I guess?
  • I am not a big fan of 3D - so hopefully Bond will never go 3D. Of the 3D films that i have seen they have all been animated. The last 1 was BRAVE and it was a dreadful experience. Never saw AVATAR so I can't comment on its 3D...
  • I dont beleive this. What does she mean, not quite ready. Bond should never be ready for 3d. Dnaiel hates 3d, so it wont happen in his films. The day 3d turns up on bond, i will just scream.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I dont beleive this. What does she mean, not quite ready. Bond should never be ready for 3d. Dnaiel hates 3d, so it wont happen in his films. The day 3d turns up on bond, i will just scream.

She clearly says that Bond is not ready for 3D.

Why do you overreact ?
    For me Bond is far too good for 3D! In my eyes 3D is for novelty films. I would certainly not go to see Bond in 3D, will stick to the traditional 2D thank you.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    This will only mean bigger news when Skyfall beats The Amazing Spider-Man, which was a 3D film, at the box office. :D

When will 3D die? Well more to the point, is 3D alive or dead? To me, it's in between, a zombie!
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 61
    In one of the trailers there is the clip of the motorbike crashing and flying towards the camera. That looks so good on the big screen (and I suspect will be even better in IMAX) who needs 3D? As Mark Kermode wrote in one of his books, if you have a skilled director, director of photograpy and cameraman who needs 3D?
    Life and film are 3D anyway, so what does '3D' add? :|
    Samuel001 wrote:
    This will only mean bigger news when Skyfall beats The Amazing Spider-Man, which was a 3D film, at the box office. ;)

When will 3D die? Well more to the point, is 3D alive or dead? To me, it's in between, a zombie!

According to a friend of mine who works for Odeon, it is running out steam fast.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    JamesCraig wrote:
    I dont beleive this. What does she mean, not quite ready. Bond should never be ready for 3d. Dnaiel hates 3d, so it wont happen in his films. The day 3d turns up on bond, i will just scream.

She clearly says that Bond is not ready for 3D.

Why do you overreact ?

Im not overreacting. Im just saying it sounds like one day it could be used, when it should never be used for 3d.

Saying its not ready sounds like it may happen in the future. So thats what im getting it. It should never be used and she should have said. Bond will never use 3D. Becuase james bond films should dtay cinematic and i doubt they will ever use 3d anyway.

• Samuel001 wrote:

I think that's how Mark Kermode described it.

He predicted 3D would be dead by 2012, somebody called him out on it and he said 3D was dead, it was just a zombie.
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    That makes sense. It's not alive or the big thing it once was by any means, but it's still around.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been saying for years that 3D should up and die. It doesn't immerse anyone into anything, it just makes things pop out the screen that people for some reason think are real (dumb*sses). Besides, what could possibly be 3D in Bond besides the gunbarrel? And then, only if we actually see the bullet, like in DAD (somebody said earlier that a 3D DAD gunbarrel would be epic, and that is probably true).

3D is just another way to get more money out of theater goers.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 655
    To be onist guys, I do enjoy 3D at home. At the cinema, it sucks. But i have a 3d projector and they are active shutter glasses, but the ones u get in the cinema. At home, the 3d is unbeleivable. Its just amazing, But its far more of a novelty. I occasionly use it for animated films, documentries etc. No interest watching a bond film though with it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Bond will never be ready for 3D. It's a given. No debate.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 2,598
    3D? No thanks. 3D is so tacky and doesn't even look particularly good, atleast not in the cinema. 3D movie tickets are so overpriced. Tacky 3D would never suit a Bond film.
  • chrisisall wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

You live to lie another day.
    CatLaugh.jpg

This has nothing to do with Bond but,Too Cute.. I'm a cat person.
  • I think having Bond in 3D is a lousy idea. I'm all against it and I hope it never sees the light of day, but you never can quite tell what they're going to come up with next
    Bond will NEVER be ready for 3-D.

A bond in 3-D is up there with a Casablanca remake.
    I think having Bond in 3D is a lousy idea. I'm all against it and I hope it never sees the light of day, but you never can quite tell what they're going to come up with next

It will never happen.
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    3D is a pathetic gimmick that Hollywood uses nowadays instead of plot and character.
    3D is a pathetic gimmick that Hollywood uses nowadays instead of plot and character.

Could not agree more! =D>
  • 3D not 4Me
    Thank you Babs, because I really hate 3D!
    Personally i think it would cheapen the Bond franchise! And Bond is so much better than that!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,444
    Hope it wil never be.

danielcraigbond23ii.jpg

Problem with movies in 3D be that moost of them ony be released in 3D see POTC 4 for only to get extra money for the cinema. As said before and is need to repeat: Some things are not mean to be for cinema. 3D is something that i think is mean to be at home and only for animated movies (Rio) and mabey some exeptions Like Potter, Avatar and mabey Titanic. But iam not intrest in Bond, POTC 4, Transformers 3 or simalar movies in 3D.
    Right you are. I think.