India might be a location for Bond 24?

edited November 2012 in SPECTRE News & Spoilers Posts: 9,767
Saw this on the front page and saw no discussion made for it so here ya go

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_24_india_under_consideration.php3?t=&s=&id=03326

"We had a wonderful time shooting Octopussy in India. We had fun and it looked absolutely beautiful on screen. We know we have a lot of fans in India so we would love to have the opportunity to come back to India as soon as possible," she said.

Personally I am all for India again its very exotic and might make for some great back drops in bond 24.

Comments

I would prefer mostly unvisited territories like Sub-Saharan Africa and Scandinavia...
  • India would be nice but half of OP was set there, there's lots of cool places Bond hasn't gone.

Australia and Ireland are my first two choices.
    personally South Africa India and New York City (the 3 locations rumored for bond 23 but never achieved) would be nice locations for bond 24

add a memorable plot and a great villian and a fleming title and we are all set :D
  • India in OP was amazing...that's why they should avoid going there.

Bond in Washington would be good if he had to go to America.
    Other locations which would be nice would be Canada (for an epic snow chase) and Singapore
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    India with Deakins cinematography?

Bring it on!
  • India in OP was amazing...that's why they should avoid going there.

That's how I feel really. Been there, done that. There are so many cool places Bond hasn't been yet.
    India in OP is one of my favourite locations. It inspired me to go backpacking there in the nineties though I didn't get down to Udaipur.

Would like to see Bond in East Africa first.
    Definitely stay somewhere snowy! Scandinavia or Siberian countries are preferred. (SKI SEQUENCE!!)

Africa would be interesting as well, though we were briefly there in CR weren't we?

My thoughts:
    Canada
    Siberian countries
    Scandinavian countries
    Australia
    USA.

You can do USA and Canada easily, but you'll still need an exotic location.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Definitely Canada. Bond almost going there dates as far back as TB. Belgium and Lebanon.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    In Bond 24, i would like to see Bond in Sweden and Australia and England of course.
    India would be nice but half of OP was set there, there's lots of cool places Bond hasn't gone.

Australia and Ireland are my first two choices.

I agree. Bond should go places he hasn't gone before. Agree with oz, I mean the only time bond has had even bothered with oceania was when wade mention NZ in GE.

And after the India problems Eon had with SF why would they go back?
    It would be great to see India feature in a Bond movie once again? What pleases me more is that Bond 24 pre production is already taking place and confirmed. :D So time is hopefully be spent well on script/story development. The positive feedback we have heard about Skyfall is testament to this! :-bd
  • Australia for me. Bond in the outback. Sydney is one of the greatest cities in the world. Loads of ex pat brits and ties to the UK and government. Plenty of potential

There is also the link to George Lazenby of course and once rumoured Hugh Jackman as 007. Maybe Jackman could be the antagonist in the down under adventure
    ceejay007 wrote:
    Australia for me. Bond in the outback. Sydney is one of the greatest cities in the world. Loads of ex pat brits and ties to the UK and government. Plenty of potential

There is also the link to George Lazenby of course and once rumoured Hugh Jackman as 007. Maybe Jackman could be the antagonist in the down under adventure

Ok Daniel Craig versus Hugh Jackman as sort of Quantum's 007 man that would be EXTREMLY cool

I have a new addition to my wish list.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 61
    I suspect that India appeals to the producers for the potential commercial opportunities - think of the Indian companies wanting product placement!

But a PTS based on Sydney Harbour bridge would be good....
  • Quantum could have their base of operations down under
  • ceejay007 wrote:
    Quantum could have their base of operations down under

Quantum fly Quantas (product placement/nice link to name of organisation)...just the sort of hook Purvis and Wade love!
  • All of the above sound cool. I would add a subplot involving Fleming's 007 in New York, which can be incorporated into a large story. There are plenty of locations which do not have to look cliche.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Maybe he could go to Brazil again? He wasn't there for long in MR.

And the World Cup is there in 2014, that could maybe be worked into the story.
    And the World Cup is there in 2014, that could maybe be worked into the story.
    I love that idea! Bond saving the World Cup? Or Bond saving the British team from a terrorist attack? :)

Also, if you do New York, how about some UN scenes?

And what about Iraq and Afghanistan? It has been a while...

So I guess I'm hoping for New York, Afghanistan, Brazil. Yap.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Definitely stay somewhere snowy! Scandinavia or Siberian countries are preferred. (SKI SEQUENCE!!)

Africa would be interesting as well, though we were briefly there in CR weren't we?

My thoughts:
    Canada
    Siberian countries
    Scandinavian countries
    Australia
    USA.

You can do USA and Canada easily, but you'll still need an exotic location.

There is plenty of snow in India if you know where to look.

Octopussy is great but only scraped the surface of that incredible country. There are so many amazing locations to be used in a Bond film. Megacities and mountains, temples, ruined palaces and stunning landscapes. Endless potential.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Five minutes in the Bahamas posing as Madagascar and thirty seconds of Black Park doubling as Uganda?

What about using Cape Town? Lake Malawi? How about a speedboat chase under Victoria Falls?

• edited October 2012 Posts: 1,215
    Bond needs to come to Canada.
    Victoria
    emress.jpg
    British-Columbia-Legislative-Building-Victoria-British-Columbia-pictures.jpg

Banff
    Banff_Springs_Hotel1.jpg
    ab-fairmount_banff_springs_.jpg
    Banff-National-Park.jpg

Montreal
    montreal-nightlife-limousine.jpg
    Montreal-Vieux3.jpeg
    Montreal_De_la_CommuneStreet_courtesyVieuxMontreal.jpg

Drumheller
    Hoodoos-_near_Drumheller.jpg
    badlands.jpg
    drumheller-badlands.jpg
  • Getafix wrote:
    There is plenty of snow in India if you know where to look.

I learned there was snow in India when I saw Temple Of Doom as a kid :)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited October 2012 Posts: 3,497
    Here's my "wish location list":

New Zealand
    Dubai
    Flanders (belgium, cities like Antwerp, Bruges, Brussels or Gent)
    Norway
    Iceland
    Ireland
    India
    Australia

:-\"
    Canada
    Dubai
    Australia
    Moroco
    Ireland
    Argentina
    As for cities:
    Barcelona, Rome, San Sebastian, Lisbon, Sydney, Athens, Seattle, Phoenix, Washington, Dallas, Austin, Kioto
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    I'd be up for Bond visiting India again - the exoticism is to die for and there's a great deal of variety. Rishikesh and its surrounding area could be awesome.

Agree with @JWESTBROOK too, Bond visiting the Norwegian Fyords surely has to happen at some point. So atmospheric (had they gone with the original draft for TSLWM's script, they could have made for a very memorable location)...
    I'm surprised @St_George that you didn't mention a number of Bondcampers having cocktails on the terrace of the hotel in @battleshipgreygt's first photo.

India is a vast country with so many different landscapes that 1/2 of one film being set there should not rule it out. Don't forget Sri Lanka either...
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    blakewho wrote:
    I'm surprised @St_George that you didn't mention a number of Bondcampers having cocktails on the terrace of the hotel in @battleshipgreygt's first photo.

Good point, that man. :P

The cinematic Bond has, of course, already visited Canada - arguably the entire series' most iconic moment was filmed there: the Union Jack parachute jump from Spy off Mount Asgard on Baffin Island.

Still, I can quite understand the forums' Canucks wishing to see 007 return to their splendid country... ;)

I'd like Canada to be a bond location.