Nudity in The Living Daylights

167891012»

Comments

Not read all the posts, though only realised the other day watching a rerun of Farscape the actress in question stars in the show.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This thread is fascinating to me. We have two groups here, one full of people that says they saw nudity and the other full of those that say they didn't. There are plenty of defenders for either side, and everyone seems very definite in their arguments. Both sides are so cemented that their opinion is correct, yet only one can be correct. So, is there a lost cut of TLD out there in this crazy world of ours that features Hay's goods, or are those that claim they saw breasts just delusional and caught in a childhood fantasy? I honestly don't know which side to believe because both groups are very genuine and dedicated to their arguments that they either did or didn't see nudity.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The only nudity that comes to mind is the woman that Bond chokes out with her bikini top in DAF, and Elektra King in the scene with Bond where they're in bed sharing ice (when he flips her, you see her breast for a moment). I've actually rewound this scene in MR a couple of times because I think this woman's nipple is hanging out of her bikini as she dances, but I can't tell. Either way, I feel odd rewinding this movie at 1:45 A.M. just to see if her breast is popping out of her bikini top or not.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 14,840
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The only nudity that comes to mind is the woman that Bond chokes out with her bikini top in DAF, and Elektra King in the scene with Bond where they're in bed sharing ice (when he flips her, you see her breast for a moment). I've actually rewound this scene in MR a couple of times because I think this woman's nipple is hanging out of her bikini as she dances, but I can't tell. Either way, I feel odd rewinding this movie at 1:45 A.M. just to see if her breast is popping out of her bikini top or not.

In TMWTGG, wasn't Chew Me also naked in the pool? And Maud Adams in the sower of course, which I thought as a child was very risqué.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Not this again. Perhaps I am beating a dead horse but I would like to reiterate that there was never any full frontal nudity in this film. Saw it in '87 and still stand by this statement today.

My recollection from watching that scene at the cinema is pretty vague. Though recall only seeing the side of Virginia Hey breast when i watched it on TV some years later.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Ludovico wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

In TMWTGG, wasn't Chew Me also naked in the pool? And Maud Adams in the sower of course, which I thought as a child was very risqué.

And Plenty dead in the pool in DAF. Then there's plenty of the girls featured in the main title sequences that show off a lot. Not that I catalogue things like this, though.
  • TokolosheTokoloshe Under your bed
    The title of this thread is disappointingly misleading. I feel like a child opening an empty box on Christmas morning. Bastards.
    @Ludovico, Chew Me was naked, but it really looked like (to me, at least) that she had some sort of skin-colored suit on to hide her nude body, though I could be wrong.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Creasy47, I've been thinking about that myself and I reckon you're right. She does wear at least something.

I guess the most fantasy shattering piece of information I ever received concerning nudity in a Bond film is Ursula wearing some corset or bathing suit in Doctor No's decontamination showers. Video tape pausing back in the day didn't lead to conclusive evidence but more modern hardware took every bit of juvenile optimism away. ;-)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Jane Seymour in the sleep compartment on the train in LALD...
    @DarthDimi, sadly, you notice those nude-body suits a good bit when you really look for them! Damn this modern technology.

Someone should check out that scene in MR and tell me if I'm right or if I'm just going crazy.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 1,778
    "Are you still alive?" -James Bond

That pretty much sums up how I feel about this thread. I can't believe it's still going strong. I was with @Jarrod on that faithful October Saturday morning at the Bond 50th Anniversary screenings at MOMA for The Living Daylights. @Jarrod was giddy as a schoolboy as he believed his quarter century quest for Virginia Hey's knockers was about the come to a conclusion. But alas, the scene in question came up and nothing was different.

I'm sorry @Jarrod but I think that extra second doesn't exist. I'll support you as a friend but you have to move on. There are other pursuits. Like finally finding out whether Timothy Dalton was born in 1944 or 1946.

I'm joking ofcourse but personally I believe you're 15 year-old mind might've been playing tricks on you.
    Sorry, still stand by my original post. But you can't accuse me of not moving on, because I haven't been on this thread in like a year. Also, I completely disagree about that screening of Living Daylights, because the MOMA cut was definitely different from the one you see on DVD. In any case, maybe one day I'll be proven right. Maybe not. Even if I am right, I doubt the scene will ever be seen again anyways.
  • doubleonothingdoubleonothing Los Angeles Moderator
    What are you, five?

It's time to close this.
This discussion has been closed.