Bond 24 pre production has started

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    And yes I am one of 8 people who loved Quantum of solace :D

Are there only 8 of us? :((
    Risico007 wrote:

feels that way I mean Skyfall is coming and still all i see

"Thank god it's not Quantum of solace"

I loved that movie I mean good god did Marc Forester steal all of the critics lunch money or something!

I also like the game Quantum of Solace which only 4 people like.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Risico007, I'm most certainly one of those four and one of the eight.
  • Risico007 wrote:
    Blofeld is dead may he rest in peace!

they have done all you can with the character so there is no point in seeing Blofeld return

There is still more that could be done with the character- the main issue of course is if fans would be willing to accept the villain being resurrected as he was of course killed off in 1981. However, I've always thought of Craig's Bond as sort of plugging gaps between Connery's movies/adventures - if you see what I mean.
    Like I've done elsewhere on this forum - I liken Blofeld to Moriarty, or the Joker - he is Bond's arch-nemesis. However, Blofeld MUST be reimagined if he is to be resurrected for craig's Bond - and such a feat of creativity and vision would be extremely daunting to most producers and directors because most people picture Dr Evil cliched visage in their heads when they think of Blofeld.
    I think Mendes is a marvelous director and has worked wonders with craig on Skyfall - but I don't think he will take on Blofeld - I do think he will bring back Quantum though with a female villain.
    doubleoego wrote:
    If Mendes is returning, we should know for certain before Christmas.

I was thinking the same thing today! Mendes confirming pre-production to start on Bond 24 with both himself and Craig returning would be an excellent christmas present.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Risico007 wrote:
    I also like the game Quantum of Solace which only 4 people like.

I'm not only 1 of 8, I'm 1 of 4 as well?! What the f*ck?!
    I don't think Mendes will return. How about Kathrin Bigelow instead? Deakins should definitely return, though! Pleeeaaase!
  • xolani wrote:
    I don't think Mendes will return. How about Kathrin Bigelow instead? Deakins should definitely return, though! Pleeeaaase!

Kathryn Bigalow is an excellent suggestion to direct a Bond!
    lewisblake wrote:
    xolani wrote:

Indeed.

Or Edgar Wright. That'd be a funny, awesome Bond film. More campy less serious, but I think he'd pull off a Connery-style classic just fine.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Edgar Wright won't be doing it. He's working on Ant-Man. They just released the film's release date for 2015. Wright's been working on this since 2008. So, he can be ruled out for Bond 24.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    lewisblake wrote:
    xolani wrote:

Indeed.

Or Edgar Wright. That'd be a funny, awesome Bond film. More campy less serious, but I think he'd pull off a Connery-style classic just fine.

Hey, you stole me suggestion! ;)

Those two are great choices though, if Mendes can't come back.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Risico007 wrote:

I'm sure we are more :-?

Anyway, what do you say to a Mendes trilogy?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Sandy wrote:

3 films from Mendes would be cool, but I wouldn't want a trilogy that's all linked together. I think they need to get back to giving each Bond it's stand alone story. No more sequels like QOS.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited October 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Sandy wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

unless you are already counting me as part of that 8 - make it 9 ;-)..

on to Mendes... i would love for him to return, and bring some stability to the director's chair again, like Young, Gilbert or Glen.... but if he doesn't - i would love another auteur director... i would love to see what David Fincher could do with Bond... he has the right style for this current run of Bond - plus he and Craig have worked together before... although i wouldn't want his musician of choice - Trent Reznor - anywhere near a Bond score.. lol.

• JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I like QOS too, it's in my top ten, albeit at the bottom lol.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 501
    HASEROT wrote:
    Sandy wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

unless you are already counting me as part of that 8 - make it 9 ;-)..

on to Mendes... i would love for him to return, and bring some stability to the director's chair again, like Young, Gilbert or Glen.... but if he doesn't - i would love another auteur director... i would love to see what David Fincher could do with Bond... he has the right style for this current run of Bond - plus he and Craig have worked together before... although i wouldn't want his musician of choice - Trent Reznor - anywhere near a Bond score.. lol.

one more please. I have it in my top 10 I really like it. The only problem is that poor editing.

On to Mendes, not a triology but yes a series of movies, maybe if he does the rest of Craig's his style helps to introduce the new Bond and not make it look odd. Like the AVTAK-TLD transition, it was quite soft not a sudden change for the Moore fans to get used to, it was in LTK that the difference became bigger.
    I would love to see one director helm the series over the course of a decade, much like Glen did in the 80s. Maybe we could have Mendes take charge of Bond from now until 2019.
    Sandy wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

*Raises hand proudly*
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 3,494
    JamesCraig wrote:
    ARNULD IZ FINULLY GONE NOW GET RIT OF PURFISH AND THE WHALE OTHERWIZE BOND IZ DEAD

Btw: the next Bondmovie will be called Gunbarrel of a lady.

This message was brought to you by the Chick-Fil-A cows, who would like to remind everyone to- EAT MOR CHIKEN! :D
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 9,770
    Im shocked sorry every time i see Quantum of solace mentioned most people seem to have bad things to say about it Glad to see there are more of us

Mendes Directing 2 would be good Would he do a Fleming title bond film though?
  • I really think Mendes will announce he is doing another Bond by around Christmas; Since pre-production is already underway on Bond 24 so fast after the completion of Skyfall I think Mendes probably got discussing how a sequel to Skyfall could go with Craig, Brocolli and Wilson and then agreed to direct the next one.
    I'd be greatly surprised if Mendes were to complete Craig's tenure as Bond and direct a trilogy.

Director's for future Bond - I would personally love;
    Matthew Vaughn
    Christopher Nolan
    Kathryn Bigalow
    Danny Boyle

NOT Edgar Wright - he directs great comedy films - but I wouldn't like him directing a Bond film.
  • I think it would be great if Mendes became the director for Craigs remaining (2 contracted) films. And if Craig decides to go beyond that then why not complete the Craig Era. I think it would be great for the films if they had onboard a director who understands what the films should be and has a great working relationship with Craig. Hopefully we will learn sooner than later who will be at the controls of Bond 24.
  • Matthew Vaughn
    Any director without shakey cameras!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Matthew Vughn, if we don't get Mendes again.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    He's doing X-Men. It's not going to happen. Bond 25 maybe, so a long wait yet.
  • I favour Matthew Vaughn as well
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's also worth saying, Vaughn may have shot himself in the foot in 2005. All the links are in the 'Bond directors' thread. I dug them up a few days ago.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/1468/what-directors-would-you-like-to-see-helm-a-bond-film-or-more/p6
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Edgar Wright should do it.

Or when he's done with Machete 2, Ricardo Rodruigez maybe?
    Edgar Wright should do it.

Or when he's done with Machete 2, Ricardo Rodruigez maybe?

Wright is right,
    Rodriguez is soo wrong in my opinion. Besides, he's not European.

Fiennes could always direct.. Coriolanus anyone?
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 198
    How about Christoph Waltz as the next Bond villain? He was a great psycho nazi in the last Tarantino film.