Spectre wish list

Comments

• +1 on the Daniel Day Lewis as a villain. Would be great to see him, Craig and Fiennes in the same movie.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,934
    CrabKey wrote:
    It has to be fresh and original with absolutely nothing that can be related to any other film ever made.
    Easier said than done. In fact, I'd be interested to hear how you would go about achieving the impossible. Take your time.
    CrabKey wrote:
    That way I don't have read anymore "it was Bourne, it was M.I., it was this or that or something else" comments.
    People are always going to compare one thing to another, whether there are similarities or not. That's what we do. The best way is to ignore the comparisons and focus on what you thought of the film.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, Mark Strong actually seems to get stuck with baddie roles, but so is my favourite Christoph Waltz. BTW, in TTSS it took me quiate a while until I recognized him (same with Tom Hardy), that's what happens if actors, who are more known to play baldheaed characters, suddenly have hair. And with Benedict Cumberbatch ist as similar, his blond hair quite irritated me. Going off topic, I hope they will do SMILEY'S PEOPLE next, of course with Gary Oldman...
  • Villains wish list:

DDL
    Joseph Gordon Levitt
    Tom Hardy
    Idris Elba
    Helen Mirren
    Kevin Spacey
  • Yun-Fat Chow as Colonel Sun. :)
    Just thinking, we've had Craig's 'Goldfinger' in Skyfall (arguably, but not here), but how about we get a From Russia With Love?

By this I mean I want:
    -Quantum in intimidating force, where we see multiple members planning and working together, manipulating situations, like SPECTRE in FRWL. I really want to see both sides playing with each other.
    -Bond with an intelligent main ally he actually relies on. I'd prefer Wright's Felix Leiter to take the place of a Kerim Bay character.
    -A grand action set piece like the gypsy camp, where we see Bond and allies dealing with large numbers of enemies. Maybe not in the middle of the film, preferably the end. The best way to pull this off I think is to have a Quantum member as Chief of Police, and uses his corrupt police force against Bond in a classic epic action scene.
    -A memorable henchmen, and not a Grant copy necessarily. Just a powerful enemy Bond has to deal with, who is memorable. NOT for a physical deformity, NOT because he's a super soldier, but something unique to make him stand out.

I don't mean to literally cut scenes from FRWL and copy them. In fact, I'd say avoid trains, avoid Russians, avoid chess games, and other things so as to distract FRWL's influence. Just simply adapt many elements of the film that made it so 'edgy' and 'realistic' and a great overall espionage film.
  • Any truth to the news that Mendes already submitted a plot idea for a Skyfall sequel?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Rumour has it he and Logan worked on the idea, which Logan presented to EON in the Summer. That was the two film arc that he's writing.
    Daniel Craig denied those rumors about a 2 part Bond film
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's crazy to think, though, that they already have ideas that could possibly be on screen in two years time. I want to know what these are.

If they do anything with Quantum, I would seriously hope they either:

A.) Finish this up during Craig's tenure.
    B.) Ditch Quantum altogether.

I'm not sure if I want to see Quantum tackled by a brand new Bond. It would be more enjoyable to see Craig starting from the beginning of it (CR) and ending with bringing Quantum to its knees. But, if this two part thing is in order, they must have some type of plot already in mind.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 214
    It'll be interesting if they use a variation on the Bond being brain washed idea from
    Fleming's TMWTGG. But they said no Fleming material would be used.
  • I wish - people would stop talking about Bond 24. It does genuinely irritate sometimes

Look at it this way. They've only just finished the last one and presented it to us, and it's still underway in theaters, they went to a lot of time and trouble this year to give us a very good Bond film, and it's like people are saying - "Yeah, well thanks and all that, but let's move on to the next one" etc

You know, Bond only comes around every few years now. Go to see this release, sit back, and appreciate it. It's the 50th anniversary year, a big event, and it sounds sometimes like all the hard work and effort and this years release, seems almost trivialized sometimes as people can only look beyond it and on to the next adventure

It merely does annoy sometimes, even if I am mostly in the minority on this

I can only concentrate on what we have now, people are still seeing Skyfall, and even yet to see it, and we're still in the grip of this movie, and sometimes, all you hear about is everything Bond 24, just feels like a bit of an insult to the one just finished or still underway is one way I looked at it

I have to be candid with these thoughts, not out to upset anyone but it's all I can visualize from this sometimes
  • The return of Felix Leiter
    An impressive/memorable henchman/woman
    Bond in Navy Uniform
    ....and OK....the Gunbarrel at the beginning of the film this time
    @Baltimore_007, you're completely neglecting the fact that we anticipated 'Skyfall' for the past four years, and that is all we have talked about in that period of time, I'm sure. What more should we give? The film was released, we praised it, some hated it, and now we're ready for the last showings/home video release and 'Bond 24.' I don't see the problem here.
  • It's only one mans perspective Mr Creasy, it's just how I view it sometimes

Once again, not out to upset anyone, but it's like 'one thing at a time' above all else. I like to focus on what we have at the immediate time without looking too far ahead
    If there's one thing that SF does, it's giving a huge impulse towards Bond 24.
    0013 wrote:
    If there's one thing that SF does, it's giving a huge impulse towards Bond 24.

This is another thing. After seeing the film numerous times, I can only appreciate the beauty of it and await its blu-ray release. Most of all, I'm really interested in seeing how they raise the bar with the next film.

I do understand where you're coming from, though, @Baltimore_007. Apologies if I came across in a nasty matter.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,350
    fjdinardo wrote:
    Daniel Craig denied those rumors about a 2 part Bond film

That was shooting the films back to back. Craig seemed to misunderstood the question. That won't happen but they will share some sort of thread between the two.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about Jesus Quintana as henchman?

@Baltimore_007 This is how I feel when fans speculate on who the next Bond actor will be. Sure, I've done this in the past- I'll admit that. But at some point I've realized it's a sign of disrespect towards DC considering he's locked in the role for another 4 years, yet. Besides, it seems a waste of time, as we simply cannot predict the future. The actor we'd like to see next could be completely wrong for the role in 4 years time. When Craig says it's time to hang up the Walther- only then will I start thinking about who could fill his shoes. A tip for Craig fans speculating the next Bond actor: just try to live in the moment, and soak it all up- because while we're dreaming about the future, the present is slipping away. Before we know it Craig will be gone- and no longer Bond. /:)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2012 Posts: 13,894
    QBranch wrote:
    @Baltimore_007 This is how I feel when fans speculate on who the next Bond actor will be. Sure, I've done this in the past- I'll admit that. But at some point I've realized it's a sign of disrespect towards DC considering he's locked in the role for another 4 years, yet. Besides, it seems a waste of time, as we simply cannot predict the future. The actor we'd like to see next could be completely wrong for the role in 4 years time. When Craig says it's time to hang up the Walther- only then will I start thinking about who could fill his shoes. A tip for those speculating the next Bond actor: just try to live in the moment, and soak it all up- because while we're dreaming about the future, the present is slipping away. Before we know it Craig will be gone- and no longer Bond. /:)

That is easier said than done, if you don't like Craig as Bond, which I don't. So i'm all for speculating on whom the next Bond might be. Like anyone, I have my choice(s), but i'm not naive to think that they would be cast.
  • emmellcee wrote:
    The return of Felix Leiter

I would also very much like to see this. For the first time in the series, the Bond/Leiter dynamic seems interesting and "right".

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I wish - people would stop talking about Bond 24. It does genuinely irritate sometimes

Look at it this way. They've only just finished the last one and presented it to us, and it's still underway in theaters, they went to a lot of time and trouble this year to give us a very good Bond film, and it's like people are saying - "Yeah, well thanks and all that, but let's move on to the next one" etc

You know, Bond only comes around every few years now. Go to see this release, sit back, and appreciate it. It's the 50th anniversary year, a big event, and it sounds sometimes like all the hard work and effort and this years release, seems almost trivialized sometimes as people can only look beyond it and on to the next adventure

It merely does annoy sometimes, even if I am mostly in the minority on this

I can only concentrate on what we have now, people are still seeing Skyfall, and even yet to see it, and we're still in the grip of this movie, and sometimes, all you hear about is everything Bond 24, just feels like a bit of an insult to the one just finished or still underway is one way I looked at it

I have to be candid with these thoughts, not out to upset anyone but it's all I can visualize from this sometimes

I see where you're coming from but to be fair also, this is a case of the "oliver complex". Many of those querying about Bond 24 are doing so because SF was so good they want more. It's like eating a meal so great and not wanting to have to wait an eternity to wolf down a second helping. There was a lot riding on SF not just because it celebrates 50 years of the series but also because QoS was a misstep, you had the MGM financial crisis and of course as great as Craig is, he and the series still have their detractors and I think he and everyone else involved wanted to prove to audiences that CR wasn't a fluke and that they do have the capacity to make strong(er) Bond movies and they delivered. So, upon delivering a successful movie that is liked by the majority of critics and audiences, talk of Bond 24 should be seen as a compliment and a gesture of epic faith in Craig and EoN to excite us all again asap.
  • RC7RC7
    I wish - people would stop talking about Bond 24. It does genuinely irritate sometimes

It's the 50th anniversary year, a big event, and it sounds sometimes like all the hard work and effort and this years release, seems almost trivialized sometimes as people can only look beyond it and on to the next adventure

Personally I wish people would stop harping on about the 50th. Do we ever reference the 25th when we talk of TLD or the 40th when we speak of DAD. No. The 50th and Skyfall should remain seperate entities. The 50th should be a celebration of the icon. Skyfall should be celebrated entirely on it's merits as a film.

@MajorDSmythe That's cool. I probably should've made clear that my comment was meant for the Craig fans. (comment edited) On that note, it's all just my opinion, of course. ;)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 612
    The new DB9 just looks like it should be a Bond car. Even more-so than the new Vanquish.
    2013-Aston-Martin-DB9-rear-three-quarter-1024x640.jpg
  • As long as we get some sort of continuation with Quantum, I'll be fine. I'd like to see a woman be the head of Quantum. Helen Mirren perhaps?
  • The new DB9 just looks like it should be a Bond car. Even more-so than the new Vanquish.

I'd love to see Bond driving this:
    Bentley+Continental.jpg

• The new DB9 just looks like it should be a Bond car. Even more-so than the new Vanquish.

I'd love to see Bond driving this:
    Bentley+Continental.jpg

While I could go either way on the two cars, if they pick the Bentley, I want this in the film:

Bond: "Where's my Aston?"
    Q: "Oh it's had it's day I'm afraid. You'll be using this Bentley Continental GT with modifications."
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    As long as we get some sort of continuation with Quantum, I'll be fine. I'd like to see a woman be the head of Quantum. Helen Mirren perhaps?

Love her. And Quantum could therefore be "the property of a lady."