The films of Mr Jean-Claude Van Damme.

2»

Comments

• How Original

I've never seen Street Fighter, would have no intention to, although I'm right in thinking Kylie Minogue was one the characters ?!

That about tells you all need to know, I remember it bombed somthing awful on initial release whenever it was, about 1994 maybe

Absent Without Leave/ Lionheart is another I saw years ago, but can't remember much about it. The Quest was awful and even having Moore involved made it no better

Knock Off was another one to forget, could well be his worst film, but I don't know. Double Team with the charismatic Dennis Rodman when with the Chicago Bulls was another release of notoriety, but not to say won't ever watch again

He was very entertaining in The Expendables 2.

Overal he is one of those actors whose movies you catch on the late night telly after a night of being on the town, and they are entertaining enough under those circumstances.

My best memories of a movie of his is from the concept of Surprise-cinema, you buy a ticket for a unknown movie, all you know that it is one to be premiered in a few weeks. I went on a first date with this girl and the movie turned out to be Time-cop. Both of us weren't impressed when we found out our movie surprise. But when she told me that we could spend the evening snogging instead during the movie it turned out to be a very satisfying evening indeed. Have no clue about the content of the movie as I was otherwise engaged, still have to have a look at it one day. But might have to explain the daft grin I most probably have on my face to the missus (and she was not the one I was kissing at that time). :D
  • If no-one has seen Sudden Death, I recommend you grab a copy as soon as able. OK it's been mentioned before but it's arguably one of Van Damme's best ever movies, and the ending at the Pittsburgh Civic Center stays with you

Also, a fun fight with the teams (Penguins) mascot in a kitchen, one of the highlights of the movie, without giving too much away. But people really should see this one at least once in a lifetime
  • SaintMark wrote:
    He was very entertaining in The Expendables 2.

Definetly. He seemed to be having tons of fun as the villian, and he had plenty of badass moments, like
    kicking the knife into the heart of the kid from Hunger Games

And the fight with him and Stallone was just amazing.
  • How Original

I've never seen Street Fighter, would have no intention to, although I'm right in thinking Kylie Minogue was one the characters ?!

http://www.thesuperficial.com/jean-claude-van-damme-kylie-minogue-street-fighter-08-2012
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm really interested in seeing 'The Expendables 2' when it finally hits blu-ray and DVD. I've always been a slight fan of JCVD, but in terms of any martial arts, Jackie Chan is my favorite. I've been on a huge craze of his for years.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    If no-one has seen Sudden Death, I recommend you grab a copy as soon as able. OK it's been mentioned before but it's arguably one of Van Damme's best ever movies, and the ending at the Pittsburgh Civic Center stays with you

Also, a fun fight with the teams (Penguins) mascot in a kitchen, one of the highlights of the movie, without giving too much away. But people really should see this one at least once in a lifetime

Sudden Death is one of my favourites. With the possible exception of one or two films, Van Damme had a good run through the 1990's.
    I remember actually quite enjoying Sudden Death.

Powers Boothe was great.
  • oo7oo7
    <object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v9IRemzdn_c?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v9IRemzdn_c?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Not a big fan but I thought TIME COP was damned good. Good premise, good villain, good FX and a real story.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    IGN have reviewed Day Of Reckoning, with a rating of 6/10.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/25/universal-soldier-day-of-reckoning-review

It's a shame that Van Damme & Lundgren don't face off. I'm starting to wonder if this could be the beginning of a new UniSol series with Adkins in the lead. :-?
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Adkins won't have time when he takes over as Bond in a few years time ;)
    @thelivingroyale

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0012078/board/thread/105841531?d=105841531&p=1#105841531

Was that you? ;) Physicaly, Adkins would be ready made out of the box. No doubt we'd get some bruising fights.
  • Nah, I don't have an IMBD account. But whoever made that has the right idea :)
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I thought you'd appreciate this @MajorDSmythe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tTd7mtr81ww

It's Bloodsport/Mortal Kombat done really well and it's pretty damn awesome
    That's really good. =D> The effects and the HUD were spot on. Ah, it brings back fond memories of Mortal Kombat on the Sega Master System II.

I call myself a JCVD junkie, and yet I still have not seen Bloodsport. 8 Bullets hits DVD here on monday, so if HMV have Bloodsport in stock, i'll pick that up as well
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Awesome Mortal Kombat video! Well done indeed.
  • I call myself a JCVD junkie, and yet I still have not seen Bloodsport.
    WHAT?? If you see NO OTHER Van Damme movie, you must see Bloodsport- it is without a doubt his best one!!

That's like saying 'I love Star Wars but I haven't seen the Original Trilogy yet'!
  • Bloodsport is awesome. Best Van Damme film imo (and there have been some great ones).
  • I feel like I'm trying to vault a six meter fence with a three meter pole tonight, so there can only be one thing for it. Only to add, I like Van Damme myself, and don't believe I've seen Bloodsport either, and best movie? Damn it, it must be good if it happens to be better than Sudden Death or Hard Target for instance. Next opportunity, will have a watch and judge with my own eyes. Has anyone seen Desert Heat/Inferno. It was Van Damme's last movie of the 20th century, and it was damn bizarre. Almost the (A) Clockwork Orange of Van Damme films, it was a pretty strange watch, but it was quite eventful to say the least. Our old friend Dr Kaufman (Vincent Schiavelli) was in it of all things
  • WOW here's a shot from the new Universal Soldier movie- the trailer looks great! I've never seen any of the sequels, but I'm gonna check out this one.

Van Damme looks like Baron Samedi!!

universal-soldier-van-damme-make-up.jpg
    WOW here's a shot from the new Universal Soldier movie- the trailer looks great! I've never seen any of the sequels, but I'm gonna check out this one.

Van Damme looks like Baron Samedi!!

universal-soldier-van-damme-make-up.jpg

:)) Thats a great call! He does look like Samedi!
    Of the sequels, i've only seen UniSol: The Return & UniSol: Regeneration which are the first 2 official sequels. Regeneration was the better of the two, but...
    the showdown between Van Damme & Lundgren doesn't happen until the film is almost over, and even then it isn't worth mentioning.

Good call on Samedi. :))