Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

@MajorDSmythe I can't even fathom the extent of the pain you must be enduring. If we can make anything, as little as it is, to ease it, count on all of us.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @MajorDSmythe I cannot even comprehend how you must feel right now. All my thoughts are with you and your family.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thank you everyone.

@bigladiesman - Everyone taking care when going out is enough, take every precaution you need.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan, known internationally for roles in Slumdog Millionaire and Jurassic World, has died at the age of 53.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-52468343

skynews-irrfan-khan-slumdog-millionaire-4979175.jpg
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,541
    One of my favorite Indian actor. If anyone interested watch his Indian film's you will blown away by his performances.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS8FqsAd2g2gUTc8dLF3FzEPa5KS6D1sWPfTuzojeBNzmeamxqkAlzivizx&usqp=CAU&ec=45661167

Really sorry to hear about your parents @MajorDSmythe . Your mother is real hero, my condolences to you & your family.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    I'm so sorry to read your news @MajorDSmythe , that's absolutely devastating.

I work in the funeral industry (as a humanist celebrant) and have already dealt with two families now who've lost loved ones to this. It's horrific and the inability to have a large gathering for the funeral just makes matters worse. From my perspective it's miserable not even being able to shake hands with someone, let alone give them a hug or a reassuring touch. Everything which comes naturally in such situations has been taken away.

Condolences to you and your brother. I've no idea whether it will be any help, but a colleague of mine has put resources online about how to face arranging funerals and honouring someone's life during this crisis:

https://thevirtualfuneral.co.uk/

This is literally my full-time job and I'm happy to advise on the phone for anyone who needs, so do be in touch if I can help at all.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Thank you kindly for the offer @Tokoloshe2, but it's all been arranged. We've met with the funeral director, been to the chapel of rest to say our goodbyes, we just have one more step to take.
    I just heard about Irrfan Khan. I'm really in shock. I've never seen any of his Bollywood films, but I do remember him from "The Amazing Spider-Man", "Life of Pi", "Slumdog Millionaire", "Inferno" and "Jurassic World". R.I.P., Mr. Khan.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 6,677
    Damn it, Irrfan Khan was one of my favourite actors of all time. I knew he had been sick, but I thought he'd won that battle. Damn it. He deserved a very long old age. He will be forever remembered in his many brilliant roles.

I've always wanted him to be in a Bond film.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited April 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Damn, wasn't a fan of rishi Kapoor film's but loved his personality.
    Netflix made a tribute to Irfan Indian film's

If anyone wish to watch his best performance, watch Madari (juggler) released in 2016.
  • @MajorDSmythe I am so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you in support.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Very sad news about the death of Irrfan Khan at the age of 53. He was very good in Slumdog Millionaire.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,334
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/entertainment-arts-52471574
    5380.jpg?width=445&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=1a4528e4574e2a2821f3b69a45cb29ef
    R. I. P. Gill Gascoine 83 years old.

I am just watching Gill now in Rooms 1977 on TV and a message came up regarding her passing a few days ago.

Gill was well known for The Gentle Touch and C. A. T. S. Eyes, in my youth I had a bit of a crush on Gill. I never knew until reading about her passing that Gill was Married to actor Alfred Molina.
    EWxXBCtX0AIn__y.jpg
    80's fashion crikey
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 1,639
    Yvonne Schaloske , 1951-2020

Played chief of security Bengtsson on "Rederiet" , on the vessel Freja , almost 200 shows/6 yrs !

Bengtsson was quite the character : jealous of capt Lager and Margareta , bugging peoples rooms , her criminal brother Totte , constant security drills , her black son who worked in the engine room (at first she denied he was her son) and to top it all off she married the , to say the least , eccentric Uno , lmao :P

She passed April 1st but her bf was so crushed by this so it was not published until now

Terribly ironic she would work security at airport after quitting acting......
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    @MajorDSmythe , I only saw this now. Truly sorry for the loss you and the rest of the family has suffered. Best wishes to you all in this next phase of life.
    Algerian singer Idir passed away saturday, aged 70. His most famous song here :

Also Sam Lloyd, famous for his part as Ted Buckland in the series Scrubs, from a brain tumour, aged 56 :

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-05-02/scrubs-sam-lloyd/
    Thank you @Thunderfinger. Thank you so much.
    MajorDSmythe, just read the sad news my friend. Condolences to you and your family. We are all here for you as you were for me.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Haven't checked this thread in a while. @MajorDSmythe Very sorry to hear, belated condolences, mate.
    Dave Greenfield, 71.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Little Richard, the man who gave us Lucille, Long Tall Sally, Good Golly Miss Molly and Tutti Frutti, died today at the age of 87.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/little-richard-founding-father-rock-133000796.html

Not only did he give us great songs , he also gave us "style" - a vocal style that many have copied but never bettered. RIP.
  • Little Richard? Good golly miss molly! Whop-bobba-loo-bop, a-whop-bam-boom! They must have one hell of a band up in heaven...
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2020 Posts: 17,804
    Sad to hear of the death of Little Richard. I'm a fan of his music and just look at the myriad artists that came after him that he influenced in some way! He was even a guest star on Columbo!
    Another of the great ones gone.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Sad news, listened to Tutti Frutti only today.
    RIP
  • edited May 2020 Posts: 2,896

No one has made records as joyfully anarchic as Little Richard's.
    Little Richard embodied all the fun of Rock N' Roll as originally created: Humour, sex, and, as said by Revelator, anarchy.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Jerry Stiller has died age 92.