'Green Mile' actor Michael Clarke Duncan dead at age 54

WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
edited September 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 784
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/03/showbiz/michael-clarke-duncan/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A great talent and gentle giant was taken from us today....RIP Mr. Duncan

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    All these people are worthy of acclaim and remembrance, but why do they all need individual threads? This can be placed and discussed here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2046/rip-and-happy-b-day/p6#Item_163
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dear God... So many deaths just in the last two years.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

People die - thats what happens. Its called life.

If you want we can have a birth thread to make you feel a bit less depressed - but of course that wouldnt be of any interest as when a baby is just born it doesnt have any minor celebrity attributes that make its birth worthy of note and peoples maudlin comments.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

People die - thats what happens. Its called life.

If you want we can have a birth thread to make you feel a bit less depressed - but of course that wouldnt be of any interest as when a baby is just born it doesnt have any minor celebrity attributes that make its birth worthy of note and peoples maudlin comments.

If it is a celebrity's baby, or the offspring of a king or queen it is.
    I do think that, if LALD was being remade, he would have been a great Mr. Big.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    So sad, I rewatched "Green Mile" last Saturday with the girl. :(
  • With the greatest respect to the man and his immediate family, this news doesn't really effect me in any way. I've seen Green Mile and he was a huge screen presence, but apart from that, I don't think I'm familiar with any of his other work. Once again my thoughts go out to his family, but I feel rather indifferent to this news I'm afraid
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As unfortunate as this news is, we don't need a new thread for every passing. Try and keep your condolences and pay your respects over in this thread, as previously posted by @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2046/rip-and-happy-b-day/p6#Item_164
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I would rather not. I believe we should be posting new threads, so we know who has passed away instead of digging through pages of nonsense. Or maybe just maybe you should edit the title every time something goes into your RIP Happy Birthday Thread.

There is no point in having birthdays mixed with deaths IMO
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Agreed with WillardWhyte.

RIP Michael Clarke Ducan.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It's not my thread, it's just common sense. All of the death threads, as of late, have been deleted, so it's obvious that, in creating one, it will inevitably be deleted. Thus, it's seen as spammy if we keep creating them, irrelevant of the topic at hand. It's even spammy for me to keep posting in this, but I'm just trying to get everyone to understand that. Message the creator of the RIP/Birthday thread and make that suggestion so this needn't keep happening.
    That wouldn't work @WillardWhyte. There are so many birthdays in the thread every day and sadly some deaths that you couldn't fit in a thread title. Making a thread for every single death is spamming up the page, while the other thread is right on the first page to everyone's ease.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    There is a perfectly good thread for this. As sad as it is when someone passes away, there really is no need to make a new thread for it.
    Please continue here
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2046/rip-and-happy-b-day/p6#Item_164
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    Just would like to add that I'm with you WW, mixing birthdays with deaths in the same thread is pretty.. I don't know, just feels odd.
This discussion has been closed.