Global James Bond Day Announced

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited August 2012 in News Posts: 3,277
Albert R. Broccoli’s EON Productions, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that October 5th, 2012 will be Global James Bond Day, a day-long series of events for 007 fans around the world.

Commenting on Global James Bond Day, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, producers of SKYFALL, said, “We are absolutely thrilled to be celebrating James Bond’s golden anniversary on film with this special day of events for Bond fans around the world.”

Worldwide events celebrating Bond’s golden anniversary include a global online and live charity auction event organised by Christie’s in London, a global survey to discover the favourite Bond film country by country, a film retrospective at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York, a Music of Bond night in Los Angeles hosted by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and Designing 007: 50 Years of James Bond Style opens at TIFF in Toronto. Leading up to Global James Bond Day, for the first time ever fans can own all 22 films in the franchise on Blu-ray in one comprehensive collection with BOND 50, releasing worldwide beginning September 24th. Further updates by country will be announced in due course on 007.com and facebook/JamesBond007.

BOND-DAY-post.jpg?84cd58

A new feature documentary from Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures, Passion Pictures and Red Box Films, Everything or Nothing: The Untold Story of 007, will also be unveiled (with country-specific release details to follow). Directed by Stevan Riley (Fire In Babylon), Everything Or Nothing focuses on three men with a shared dream – Bond producers Albert R. Broccoli, Harry Saltzman and author Ian Fleming. It’s the thrilling and inspiring narrative behind the longest running film franchise in cinema history. With unprecedented access both to the key players involved and to EON Productions’ extensive archive, this is the first time the inside story of the franchise has ever been told on screen in this way. Director Stevan Riley follows a story that begins with a groundbreaking spy thriller and continues six Bonds and five decades later. While Bond was saving the world from chaos and catastrophe on screen, this compelling documentary draws back the curtain to reveal the battles, threats and real stakes unfolding behind the camera.

http://www.007.com/global-james-bond-day-announced/

Comments

• gt007gt007 Station G
    Sounds great! Looking forward to more news about Global James Bond Day!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    I just saw this. More news please! What really makes this day global?
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    My moneys on GF winning the favourite Bond film. GE, CR, TSWLM and FRWL should be near the top too.

I hope we get more than just doing some survey on our favourite Bond film. Anymore news?
    I really hope there is more news because on this 'day' I will have had my blu-rays for a week, will be waiting longer than the rest of the world for the doco knowing Aussie release dates and will celebrate Dr No and the entire Bond franchise by doing a one question survey. I really hope there is something else that the rest of the world can enjoy.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Make it a British public holiday!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The day before my birthday! What a great gift!!! <:-P
    Will this be a yearly occurrence?

At least some big Skyfall news may arrive on this day.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:

At least some big Skyfall news may arrive on this day.
    I hope so. It only took them 50 years to give it a date.
    8-|
    I'm beginning to suspect this will be the date we hear the new Bond song for Skyfall. It's strange how we've heard zip so far!!
    I still think the singer and song will be revealed in very close proximity to each other. Going by past films, that's September. Well done to EON if they do manage to keep things under wraps until the 5th though.
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really doubt that.
    edited August 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really doubt that.

That's a pity, then. It would be nice to know we'll get something every 5th October and have a date to look forward to every non-Bond film year as well.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Looking forward to that! I'll be swinging to Duran Duran, wearing my Dr. No t-shirt and drinking JB mocktails all day. None of your business what DD will do at night though. B-)
  • BenBen
    edited August 2012 Posts: 121
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really doubt that.

It would be nice to know we'll get something every 5th October and have a date to look forward to in every non-Bond film year.

Well, when MGM aren't bankrupt and there isn't a change in Bond, every film is usually released every other year. So this could be when the next Bond film gets released and the director, cast and the name of the film gets released.
    E.g. October 5th 2013, Bond 24 cast, director and name of the film get released.
    October 5th 2015, Bond 25 cast, director and name of the film get released.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Global James Bond Day? Count me in, I just hope something exciting happens that day.
    bondsum wrote:
    I'm beginning to suspect this will be the date we hear the new Bond song for Skyfall. It's strange how we've heard zip so far!!

I like to think we'll know something in September. Skyfll is released in several countries still by the end of October, it seems logical they release the song more than one month from the premiere to start building momentum. It may be wishful thinking but my guess is just as good as yours.
    Ben wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I really doubt that.

It would be nice to know we'll get something every 5th October and have a date to look forward to in every non-Bond film year.

Well, when MGM aren't bankrupt and there isn't a change in Bond, every film is usually released every other year. So this could be when the next Bond film gets released and the director, cast and the name of the film gets released.
    E.g. October 5th 2013, Bond 24 cast, director and name of the film get released.
    October 5th 2015, Bond 25 cast, director and name of the film get released.

That would be very nice but I don't know...
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I still think the singer and song will be revealed in very close proximity to each other. Going by past films, that's September. Well done to EON if they do manage to keep things under wraps until the 5th though.
    If we're going off Another Way to Die then it was announced in late July who would be performing the song. Of course the song premiered on British radio on September 18, 2008 on BBC Radio 1's The Jo Whiley Show and was released on September 30 in the US. As for You Know My Name, it was leaked onto the Internet on September 20, 2006, and released as a single on November 13, 2006. The Madonna Die Another Day single was released worldwide on October 22, 2002 but no one seems to remember when they first heard it.

It's hard to work out just when we will hear the song for the first time but I think it could be leaked before October 5th but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the date that the song is now premiered worldwide on. Just a hunch.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I wonder this too. I doubt they will have something for the fans from some small countries..

• This is wonderful news. I can't wait!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    After the title of this movie being the worst kept secret, I think EoN are taking extra precautions to keep everything regarding the theme song fairly under wraps.
    I'd be amazed if EON keep the identity of the singer/band under wraps before Oct 5th
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Now maybe all the moaning about EON not commemorating the 50th Anniversary will stop?

Of course it won't why am I being so stupid, a lone person in his bedroom tapping away on his or her lap top has always got a better idea of what should be done to celebrate this hasn't he?

Personally this sounds quite exciting especially Everything or Nothing, I guess this will be broadcast on TV and maybe released on DVD and Blu ray later on with Skyfall's home entertainment release.
    This is manor from heaven! They should make it a national bank holiday worldwide too! ;)
    bondsum wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    If we're going off Another Way to Die then it was announced in late July who would be performing the song. Of course the song premiered on British radio on September 18, 2008 on BBC Radio 1's The Jo Whiley Show and was released on September 30 in the US. As for You Know My Name, it was leaked onto the Internet on September 20, 2006, and released as a single on November 13, 2006. The Madonna Die Another Day single was released worldwide on October 22, 2002 but no one seems to remember when they first heard it.

It's hard to work out just when we will hear the song for the first time but I think it could be leaked before October 5th but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the date that the song is now premiered worldwide on. Just a hunch.

It's possible we learn the singer's identity in September and hear the song on the 5th but three weeks before release doesn't seem enough time to promote it, to me. Wouldn't it need longer? Who knows, maybe EON have a new strategy?
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Samuel001 wrote:
    bondsum wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

It's possible we learn the singer's identity in September and hear the song on the 5th but three weeks before release doesn't seem enough time to promote it, to me. Wouldn't it need longer? Who knows, maybe EON have a new strategy?

I think 3 weeks are not enough. My bet is still September B-)
    dragonsky wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:
    I wonder this too. I doubt they will have something for the fans from some small countries..

I fear that the Englishspeaking nations do consider themselves global the rest has to adapt.

;)
    This Global James Bond Day sounds lame.
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 185
    The Best Bond Film survey is on the fb page now and the results will be revealed on "Global James Bond Day." You just need to click on the 'Best Bond Movie' tab.
  • RC7RC7
    AussieBond wrote:
    The Best Bond Film survey is on the fb page now and the results will be revealed on "Global James Bond Day." You just need to click on the 'Best Bond Movie' tab.

If anything other than Goldfinger wins I'll show my arse on this forum (although given the demographics of FB CR will be close). The problem with opening a vote like this to the public is that it's a foregone conclusion and proves nothing.

• I'll be really suprised if Goldfinger doesn't win. Then again, this is on facebook, so maybe CR or GE.
    Sandy wrote:
    I think 3 weeks are not enough. My bet is still September B-)
    I think 3 weeks would be ample time if it's Adele. They surely wouldn't want the song to peak before the film has even been released? Skyfall isn't released in the US until 9th November which is a much bigger market so 5th October is plenty of time for the song to build momentum. The fact that EON have kept it a secret up until now can only mean they have big plans for its premiere.