Is Dench's M the Queen of England???

2»

Comments

Much like Bernard Lee's M was a father figure to Bond, Judy Dench's is a mother figure. M is parental, not majestic, regardless of gender.

I know people don't like Dench being so heavily involved in Craig's films so far, but I don't mind it. I mean, you have an actress of her calibre, may as well use her!
  • I think it's fine involving her more now and again, but we haven't had a Craig film where she hasn't been overused. It was original and cool in TWINE, but now I'd like it if M just went back to bieng Bonds boss.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited August 2012 Posts: 11,139
    doubleoego wrote:
    M is Bond's Boss and the head of MI6. End of story.

She's also referenced as Bond's mother... several times.

So? What has that got to do with M being queen of England? Any female authority figure who has to curb the petulant ways of her employees will always be looked at as being somewhat motherly. If you knew anything about basic business studies you'd be aware that a maternalistic approach in the work place is a legitimate management style.
    doubleoego wrote:
    She just so happens to be the head of MI6, Bond's boss and of course, happens to be a woman.

No, Dench is there to please the feminist crowd, and to put in motion Barbara Broccoli's feminist plans for the franchise.

what do you mean no? My answer is actually correct. Babs appealing to the feminist crowd is an opinion that hadn't even been confirmed to be fact. Also, I'm pretty sure that you're aware that one if the reasons we have a female N was because the head of the real mi6 was also female back then.

Lastly, go away and learn some manners in how to talk with peole. You have one of the worst attitudes and it's ******** many people off. Then come back and join the party.

MOD EDITED FOR CONTENT.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    doubleoego wrote:
    doubleoego wrote:
    M is Bond's Boss and the head of MI6. End of story.

She's also referenced as Bond's mother... several times.

So? What has that got to do with M being queen of England? Any female authority figure who has to curb the petulant ways of her employees will always be looked at as being somewhat motherly. If you knew anything about basic business studies you'd be aware that a maternalistic approach in the work place is a legitimate management style.
    doubleoego wrote:
    She just so happens to be the head of MI6, Bond's boss and of course, happens to be a woman.

No, Dench is there to please the feminist crowd, and to put in motion Barbara Broccoli's feminist plans for the franchise.

what do you mean no? My answer is actually correct. Babs appealing to the feminist crowd is an opinion that hadn't even been confirmed to be fact. Also, I'm pretty sure that you're aware that one if the reasons we have a female N was because the head of the real mi6 was also female back then.

Lastly, go away and learn some manners in how to talk with peole. You have one of the worst attitudes and it's pissing many people off. Then come back and join the party.

Please gentleman, we don't need to get stressed out because of a little question. It had a point - at least to the creator - and was a healthy question, not to offend Bond or any member of this forum. Just calm down and let's stay on the line.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is DaltonCraig's appalling attitude towards other members here. The dude needs to chill.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Should there be a spoiler alert on this thread?