Man of Steel Video Game

oo7oo7
edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 1,068
What do you want to see in this? was returns that bad(the game of course)?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Are they making a game for the film?

Returns was a repetitive dull mess, but the ability to fly literally everywhere was the best and only saving grace for the game. Other than that you can play as Bizarro and smash stuff up, but you can do all that as Superman anyway, so it doesn't add anything to the gameplay.
  • oo7oo7
    Monolith studios were apparently pulled off a game that people suspected was an open world city scape game. people speculated it was either dark knight rises or inception. it could well be the man of steel game in early form.
    Warner brothers has 3-4 studios developing games. apparently rocksteady is working on a batman title again, nether realm has injustice, what is on the cards for next year is still not disclosed.
    so express what you would like to see and what you would like to see.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    i didn't mind the Superman Returns game - but, like Brady said, it does get very repetitive.... but the 1 thing that really bothered me, was lack of the John Williams Superman theme - they could obviously get the license for 99% of everything Superman, but they forgot about his iconic theme??.. no excuse..... but, i figured a way around that - i just uploaded my superman soundtrack to my Xbox hard drive, and just played it during the game.. lol.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 23,562
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know what, there's only one thing I want from a Superman game - invulnerability. Why does Superman keep getting a health bar?!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Y'know what, there's only one thing I want from a Superman game - invulnerability. Why does Superman keep getting a health bar?!

That's what makes Superman and consequently every game featuring him dull and repetitive. You can't do hardly anything interesting with him as a character other than put those he loves in danger, throw in some Kryptonite, or have him unable to save someone so he feels a sense of guilt and fallibility. Superman Returns didn't have a health bar. The bar was Metropolis's safety, and you failed when the bar went on empty. Interesting move, but still, at the end of the day who Superman is makes it unlikely to have a good game based upon him.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

That's what makes Superman and consequently every game featuring him dull and repetitive. You can't do hardly anything interesting with him as a character other than put those he loves in danger, throw in some Kryptonite, or have him unable to save someone so he feels a sense of guilt and fallibility. Superman Returns didn't have a health bar. The bar was Metropolis's safety, and you failed when the bar went on empty. Interesting move, but still, at the end of the day who Superman is makes it unlikely to have a good game based upon him.

Y'know, much as I want Superman's invulnerability in a game, that's the aspect I hate about him. It's kind of ironic.
  • oo7oo7
    didnt returns have this though, the city serves as a health bar? i often think they were close to a good one on that but it got bashed becasue it was tied to the bad film.
    i think spiderman 3 got this as well, and benox strived to seperate there story in the game from the film this time incase of this again...?
    oo7 wrote:
    didnt returns have this though, the city serves as a health bar? i often think they were close to a good one on that but it got bashed becasue it was tied to the bad film.
    i think spiderman 3 got this as well, and benox strived to seperate there story in the game from the film this time incase of this again...?

I already mentioned that about Returns, and Spiderman 3 sucked all by itself. Hardly any of it followed the film's story.
  • oo7oo7
    well you know i recall in the game venom offered up a kidnapping of sandmans wife and daughter as a reason why sandman would come back and need to kill spidey.
    in the film he just comes back and tried to kill him ultimately for no real reason outside of he was annoyed.
    oo7 wrote:
    well you know i recall in the game venom offered up a kidnapping of sandmans wife and daughter as a reason why sandman would come back and need to kill spidey.
    in the film he just comes back and tried to kill him ultimately for no real reason outside of he was annoyed.
    Neither the game or film happened.
  • oo7oo7
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,068
    supposter.jpg

Not sure if this is just cgi from the film or indeed a render from a game in development?
    difficult to tell what WB interactive are up to as all there studios seem to be working on the final push for the new Lord of the Rings game.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Haven't really play any Superman game since that horrid N64 one. Never been interested in them; however, if they make one similar to Arkham Asylum - that is one that captures Superman's world and characters as well as Arkham did for Batman, I would play it.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Superman is f*cking invincible. They just can't get that into a game, it's hard to get any powers into a game. That's why Batman works well, he has no powers.
    Superman is f*cking invincible. They just can't get that into a game, it's hard to get any powers into a game. That's why Batman works well, he has no powers.

Spider-Man worked well in the Treyarch games.
  • oo7oo7

i hear you

Some powers can work, but not Superman.
  • oo7oo7

Blasphemer
    oo7 wrote:

Blasphemer

Well, it is true. Take The Flash, for instance. How the hell would you make a game around a guy who can run fast? It'd be equally as difficult to make a game based on Professor Xavier, because rolling around in a wheelchair and reading peoples' minds would be incredibly boring. (Please note: This is coming from the man who still wishes he could play as Huey from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Google him if you don't know.)

Characters like Batman, Spider-Man, the X-Men, The Punisher, Iron Man (Y'know, mostly Marvel characters, as I now discover) can easily lend themselves to good video games. Characters like Superman, the aforementioned Flash and Professor Xavier, they just don't.
    I loved the Punisher game on ps2.
    So did I. I also loved the X-Men Legends games, and the subsequent Marvel Ultimate Alliance games (though have yet to play the PS3/360 version of MUA 2). I've never played Iron Man or Iron Man 2, but I've heard good things about the first game. Ultimate Spider-Man was my favorite Spider-Man game.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

Blasphemer

Well, it is true. Take The Flash, for instance. How the hell would you make a game around a guy who can run fast? It'd be equally as difficult to make a game based on Professor Xavier, because rolling around in a wheelchair and reading peoples' minds would be incredibly boring. (Please note: This is coming from the man who still wishes he could play as Huey from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Google him if you don't know.)

Characters like Batman, Spider-Man, the X-Men, The Punisher, Iron Man (Y'know, mostly Marvel characters, as I now discover) can easily lend themselves to good video games. Characters like Superman, the aforementioned Flash and Professor Xavier, they just don't.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrtwUQXuSXY?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrtwUQXuSXY?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh man, don't even get me started on 'The Punisher' game that was out on the PS2. I remember getting my hands on the demo, and it was comparable to a drug addiction: I could not stop. The game was so addictive and fun, I would spend hours running through the same level over and over until the full game released. Incredibly good time.
  • oo7oo7
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Oh man, don't even get me started on 'The Punisher' game that was out on the PS2. I remember getting my hands on the demo, and it was comparable to a drug addiction: I could not stop. The game was so addictive and fun, I would spend hours running through the same level over and over until the full game released. Incredibly good time.
    I loved that game, was pretty bad for doing the challenge medals though. did you play punisher no mercy on the ps3?
    On a sad note you wont be seeing a full on judge dredd game this year. stupid isnt it a video game company owns the rights to dredd and they didnt bother to try and publish a game.
    oo7 wrote:
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrtwUQXuSXY?version=3&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HrtwUQXuSXY?version=3&hl=en_GB"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Thank you for proving that a Flash game wouldn't work. That looks like utter sh*t.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I played the demo on an Official Xbox Magazine demo disc that my friend got with his magazines, and then a couple years later, I bought it for the PS2 at a yard sale ($2!!!) That and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse were the best purchases I ever made in 2006. (And, both were only $2!!! I love yard sales!!!)
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

Thank you for proving that a Flash game wouldn't work. That looks like utter sh*t.
    Creasy47 wrote:

I played the demo on an Official Xbox Magazine demo disc that my friend got with his magazines, and then a couple years later, I bought it for the PS2 at a yard sale ($2!!!) That and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse were the best purchases I ever made in 2006. (And, both were only $2!!! I love yard sales!!!)

agent you are sucha sour puss, the games clear not finished
    It looks like a mod for GTA Vice City.
    @oo7, I didn't get a chance to play that one. I think I didn't have a PS3 at the time, and then I totally forgot about it after I did buy one. I loved the PS2 game, though, so many hours clocked into it.
  • oo7oo7
    The actually pulled it from the psn claiming that they had run out of publication rights from marvel. though they continue to publish marvel pinball materials. makes you think perhaps someone requested they cease because the new punisher title is in the works.
    Hmm, that could be the case. I wouldn't mind getting another 'Punisher' game, especially after the highly entertaining live-action short film that Jane gave us during Comic-Con.