The actual age of the Bond actors during production

1235»

Comments

• SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited December 2016 Posts: 732
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    Moore was 45 when he took over and I swear he looked ten years younger.
    Definitely! I never imagined in early years that Roger was so much older than Connery and would have thought he was in his mid-thirties in LALD!

Craig looked best in QoS. I dunno if he could get into a shape like this again for B25 - looking at Cruise in Jack Reacher or so I must say he is in awesome shape for his age and in general. Craig has that potential but it appeared like he did not want or could not work out the way he did for QoS or even Skyfall. He was in no bad shape at all - but not as good as before.

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    As I said when I put this thread together we have the anomaly of Timothy Dalton's birth year. I've given him the benefit of the doubt at 1946, but there are suggestions that he was born in 1944.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    So this means, when I reach Lazenby's age in 2020, I'll also be at exactly halfway point of the franchise. There'll be 29 years between DN and my birthdate (1991), and 29 years between my birth and 2020.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You can add Craig as 4th oldest Bond, alongside Roger Moore in MR. 5th if you count NSNA.
    I’ll update the thread as soon as we are more certain of the start date
  • Why is Dalton’s birth year such a mystery I wonder? It’s not like he’s dead and no one can ask him....
  • Why is Dalton’s birth year such a mystery I wonder? It’s not like he’s dead and no one can ask him....

it's 1946 he had an interview on youtube i watched several years ago, he had told so. it's probably removed by now
    edited September 2019 Posts: 7,568
    Despite the lack of a title, I thought I would update an old thread of mine. The actual ages of each actor during filming.
    I did this because Roger Moore was always referred to as 58 when he made his last Bond film. In truth he was 56/57, with the film being released in his 58th year (before his actual birthday). That's why I did this thread.

Of course Craig has jumped through the list dramatically, from being one of the youngest to start with, to one of the oldest now.

Roger Moore AVTAK 56/57
    Roger Moore OP 54/55
    Roger Moore FYEO 52/53
    Daniel Craig NTTD 51
    Roger Moore MR 50/51
    Roger Moore TSWLM 48/49 =
    Pierce Brosnan DAD 48/49
    Daniel Craig SP 46/47
    Roger Moore TMWTGG 46
    Pierce Brosnan TWINE 45/46
    Roger Moore LALD 44/45
    Timothy Dalton LTK 44
    Pierce Brosnan TND 43/44 =
    Daniel Craig SF 43/44
    Timothy Dalton TLD 42
    Pierce Brosnan GE 41/42
    Sean Connery DAF 40
    Daniel Craig QOS 39/40
    Daniel Craig CR 37/38
    Sean Connery YOLT 35/36
    Sean Connery TB 34
    Sean Connery GF 33
    Sean Connery FRWL 32
    Sean Connery DN 31
    George Lazenby OHMSS 29
    It certainly puts things in context re how late Sir Roger started his Bond carrier.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Astonishing Brosnan had the same age inTND as Craig in SF. Forgive me for saying so but Broz looks a lot fitter in his later Bond films than Craig.
  • Broz looked his best in TND. Visually, one of my favourite Bond incarnations. I miss dashing Bond.
    GoldenGun wrote: »
    Astonishing Brosnan had the same age inTND as Craig in SF. Forgive me for saying so but Broz looks a lot fitter in his later Bond films than Craig.

I think Brosnan aged very well and looked the part in his mid to late 40s. Daniel Craig, like Sean Connery before him has always looked older than his years.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    It certainly puts things in context re how late Sir Roger started his Bond carrier.
    I'm continually impressed by how good Moore looked in TMWTGG at 46. I've also always felt he looked very good for his age in MR at 50/51.
    NicNac wrote: »
    GoldenGun wrote: »

I think Brosnan aged very well and looked the part in his mid to late 40s. Daniel Craig, like Sean Connery before him has always looked older than his years.
    I agree.

Brosnan looked great even up to DAD, despite adding a few pounds. Both he and Moore generally looked far younger than their actual years, which permitted a later start to being Bond as well.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Let's be honest. Roger Moore was a real Peter Pan when it came to aging.
    He was 45 when he shot LALD in 1972. I'm currently 43, and there's no way I'd want to put myself through the ordeal that Bond finds himself in.
    And Sir Rog carried on in the role for 12 years. Amazing stuff really.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    Benny wrote: »
    Let's be honest. Roger Moore was a real Peter Pan when it came to aging.
    He was 45 when he shot LALD in 1972. I'm currently 43, and there's no way I'd want to put myself through the ordeal that Bond finds himself in.
    And Sir Rog carried on in the role for 12 years. Amazing stuff really.
    Absolutely, and especially given how quickly they used to get them out in those years. After the global promotion was over I suppose they'd already be planning the next one.