Happy Fourth Of July to our US participants

edited July 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 5,634
Well the time is upon us,once again, so for any other American MI6 participants, have a good Independence Day, and be careful out in that weather also, could do with it a bit cooler for sure. Hope everyone involved today has a good time, enjoy the day etc. (This hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think and it is 'General discussion' I believe, i.e the right category)

Happy Fourth of July to all other Americans everywhere ; - )

American-Flag-animated.gif

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Baltimore_007, thanks, and the same goes to you! Not sure if your name makes it obvious, but if you do live on the east coast, the weather has been atrocious at nights this past week. Terrible storm last Friday, and my Internet hadn't returned until today.

But, if the weather proves nicer tomorrow, I'll be heading into town for a drink, followed by fireworks at a yard party with a pack of cigarettes. Should be an explosive, eventful night.
    I'm well aware of the weather! Could be better conditions for sure : - /

But, as there's a healthy contingent of us here, let's enjoy the day anyway, going out tomorrow night also, or at least hope to. Happy Holidays everyone
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Happy 236th Fellow Americans. **==

Let's also salute our fellow British for making this day possible. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yeah, many of our countrymen get hammered and watch explosions all night once again, though many wouldn't even pass a test on our Independence, or understand the danger Jefferson and the lot put themselves in by signing the declaration against George III. I AM SO HAPPY TO BE A YANK, CAN'T YOU TELL?!
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    Let's get this party started America! **== \m/

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7... isn't that sad?.. other countries know more about our own history then the majority of our citizens.. we are of rare breed my friend, ones who actually give a crap about history.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    HASEROT wrote:

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7... isn't that sad?.. other countries know more about our own history then the majority of our citizens.. we are of rare breed my friend, ones who actually give a crap about history.

Indeed. I have had an idea brewing in my head that I would love to make into a story or screenplay, where our founding fathers and presidents thereafter worth their salt rise from their graves and decapitate contemporary Americans for their ignorance and our politicians/policymakers for reversing a lot of what we have accomplished as a country, mostly regarding the repute of our leaders and much larger corruption.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    if Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and the rest could see what our country is today... I think they really would rise from their graves... after they spin around in them of course.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I mean, I won't lie. I love Lincoln, but holding people against their will during wartime did break the Constitution, but the man was in the middle of a war where two sides of our own countrymen were fighting in bloodbaths against each other. Now that's pressure. Nowadays we say: "The Constitution? What's that thing?".
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
    the constitution no longer exists... it's been twisted, warped, and distorted by our own politicians so much, that really freedom and liberty is a fruitless lie... we're as free and they allow us to be.... i dont mean to sound preachy - but we put ourselves into this mess... somewhere between the end of WW2 and now, America has turned into a bizzaro alternate reality version of itself, and not the fun kind.... this country hasn't had to fight for or defend it's freedoms since 1812..

but I still celebrate the 4th, for what it stands for.... the day we stood up and gave the finger to the crown and said "we can do this on our own." - in a manner of speaking lol.

but we are all still cousins, so it's all good :-D
    From a Brit, have a good one.

Would now be a good time to mention back taxes? (only joking)
    We sound like @TouchMyButtons. *SHIVERS* :-S
    actonsteve wrote:
    From a Brit, have a good one.

Would now be a good time to mention back taxes? (only joking)

this wouldn't be over that whole tea in the harbor thing right?... man we were all drunk, didn't know what we were doing lol.

one more for America....

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, shhh, don't speak that name around here. I thought it was merely a whisper long passed - I'll now enter sleep with inevitable nightmares.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    HASEROT wrote:

Shamefully, there are some Americans who don't know when the War of 1812 started.

I love the random things mentioned in the America song. I will blast that all day tomorrow, just cause.
    how could i forget about this little number as well lol..

• edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Happy Independence Day US Bond fans :D

(composed by David Arnold)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Happy 4th! I am celebrating here in Japan by making my kindergarten students memorize our Pledge of Allegiance.

Ha! Of course NOT. But it's a cute thought. They are smart and adorable. I am telling them my country has a birthday now and they giggle and want to know more, so I am showing them photos from our festive celebrations tomorrow.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    Happy birthday to our young cousins across the pond. Ah, I remember on this very day back in 1776 when we let you cut loose and find your own way - my, they grow up so fast, don't they...? :p

Sam-the-Eagle-300x300.jpg
    St_George wrote:
    Happy birthday to our young cousins across the pond. Ah, I remember on this very day back in 1776 when we let you cut loose and find your own way - my, they grow up so fast, don't they...? :p

Sam-the-Eagle-300x300.jpg

lol.. sometimes, you just gotta let junior borrow the car keys..
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    HASEROT wrote:
    lol.. sometimes, you just gotta let junior borrow the car keys..

Yes, but just look at what they've done to the Bentley.

Kidding, kidding... ;)

• edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Happy 4th July to everyone in

EDIT: @haserot beat me to it
    @thelivingroyale, I forgot how amazing that song is.
    Happy Independence Day to our American friends! Have a beer or two for me! **== \:D/
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Happy Independence Day to our American friends! Have a beer or two for me! **== \:D/

I can most certainly do that! I live in this crappy town in West Virginia, who thought it was best to do fireworks on the 6th or 7th, so, it looks like I'll have a few beers to myself tonight!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Have a great day, all those in the US.
    Happy 4th to my American friends! :)
    I had no plans today at all so I stayed home and baked cookies shaped like stars and Captain America.
    In all seriousness, I hope all my fellow Yanks have a great time with the rest of the day's festivities. Words couldn't express my appreciate for the countless people that signed the declaration 236 years ago and literally risked their heads. We need men willing to make that sacrifice at the present time. I hope everyone American and British stays safe tonight, and enjoys their time with family and friends on both sides of the pond, because let's face it: it took both of us to make this happen. :)

**==
    In all seriousness, I hope all my fellow Yanks have a great time with the rest of the day's festivities. Words couldn't express my appreciate for the countless people that signed the declaration 236 years ago and literally risked their heads. We need men willing to make that sacrifice at the present time. I hope everyone American and British stays safe tonight, and enjoys their time with family and friends on both sides of the pond, because let's face it: it took both of us to make this happen. :)

**==

Couldn't have said it better. It's insane what happened those 236 years ago, and today, we have people who not only feel like the world is going to end because their power is out - something they dealt with those 236 years ago - but we have people walking out and about who don't know the first thing about America.

Who is the Vice President? A good bit of people are clueless.