The Bottom Three

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Getafix wrote:
    GE, TWINE, DAD

what a surprise.... :))
    Getafix wrote:
    GE, TWINE, DAD

what a surprise.... :))

At least I'm consistent.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    22. DAD
    21. AVTAK
    20. DAF
    00Beast wrote:
    I know everyone has their own tastes and quite right too. Life would be boring if we were all the same but how anyone could put the likes of OHMSS, TB or GF in the bottom three is beyond me. Totally understand if not your favourites but bottom three???

Thunderball is at #11 for me I believe. My bottom three consisted of YOLT, GF, and OHMSS, in descending order. Call me crazy but these three bore me to tears.

Sorry but I think you are crazy (in the nicest possible way of course :)

I've been getting that a lot on here lately, hahaha.
    TLD
    LTK
    QoB
    20. Moonraker
    21. Diamonds are Forever
    22. A View to a Kill.
    20. AVTAK
    21. DAD
    22. DAF/TMWTGG (Both terrible entries! Definitely remake material.)
    The World is Not Enough
    The Man with the Golden Gun
    Die Another Day
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    SaintMark wrote:
    TLD
    LTK
    QoB

QoB? would that be Quantum of Bollocks?
    SaintMark wrote:
    TLD
    LTK
    QoB

Quantum of Bourne I think.
    20) QOS
    21) TMWTGG
    22) DAD
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:
    TLD
    LTK
    QoB

Quantum of Bourne I think.

I thought it was Quantum of Bulls@#$.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    No Quantum of Best!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    MrBond wrote:
    No Quantum of Best!

Quantum of Brilliance
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Let's quit the spam folks.
    No need to lock this one up yet surely.
    @SaintMark clear this up for us please?

Anyway, sad to see so many with Brosnans in the bottom 3. DAD I can understand, but I really don't get the hate that the other films get.

Anyway, sad to see so many with Brosnans in the bottom 3. DAD I can understand, but I really don't get the hate that the other films get.
    It really isn't Brosnan as much as it is the botched scripts, lost potential, etc.
  • ChevronChevron Northern Ireland
    20 TND
    21 DAD
    22 AVTAK
    In no discernable order -

Quantum Of Solace

A View to a Kill

Die Another Day

Yep, that's it

I completely agree! Brosnan's first three are simply and undeniably fantastic. I even like Die Another Day, and yes, I did just say that. As you said, I can understand the dislike for DAD, but as far as GE, TND, and TWINE are concerned, it's really unbelievable that anyone can put these down on their bottom three. Action-packed thrill rides? Machine guns blazing? Brosnan in super-cool mode? Epic villains? Kickin' soundtracks? Yes, I thought so. Ridiculous that these three get hated quite often.

Indeed Quantum of Bourne since it was more Bourne than SOlace offered in the last movie. With the editor and stuntcoordinator from the Bourne movies.

It is in fashion to be negative about Brosnan, so I expect him to pop of a lot.

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,399
    21. You Only Live Twice (a bored Connery makes for a lazy ride)

22. The Man With The Golden Gun (if i need to go to sleep, i put on this movie)

23. Die Another Day (just garbage smeared onto film stock)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    20th ranked (3rd)- The Man With The Golden Gun - Dated, terrible story telling, a missed villain opportunity in Chris Lee. The list goes on.

21st ranked (2nd) - Die Another Day - Over the top story, bad lead Bond girl, rubbish dialogue, no proper stunts, improbable technology. In a word...stupid.

22nd ranked (1st) - Diamonds Are Forever - Hugely entertaining, and some of the best writing I can think of. In a comedy or cartoon. Weak villain especially the third incarnation of Blofeld, a can't be bothered Bond. Connery is having fun, but this is not James Bond. Devoid of any real story, threat or tension. Another Hamilton mess.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Actually quite a tough decision for me believe it or not. But I'm just going with my gut:

Bottom 5:

-Tomorrow Never Dies
    -The Man with The Golden Gun
    -Quantum of Solace
    -Diamonds are Forever
    -Die Another Day
    20 - Diamonds Are Forever (fat Connery against cross-dressing Blofeld with a cartoonish plot and a bored performance from the cast)

21 - Moonraker (James Bond is a spy, and not an astronaut)

22 - Die Another Day (need I say anything?)
    looking at everyones bottom 3 my aren't much different but they are:

20- MR (jaws falling in love, bond in space)

21- AVTAK (old tired looking bond,poor action (imo))

22- DAD (dodgy cgi, dodgy dialouge)
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 4,762
    EDIT: If you see this post incomplete at first, I accidently hit the post comment too soon, hahaha.

I've already posted my bottom three I know, but here they are with explanations, seeing how that has become the trend lately:

20. You Only Live Twice- Connery is incredibly sleepy and dull, the movie has an extremely slow pace, almost like trying to step through quicksand, the soundtrack can get on my nerves at times, and the villains are terrible, with the possible exception of Pleasance's Blofeld, maybe. Also, and this will probably raise lots of questions and flak, but I don't care too much for the Japanese locations.

21. Goldfinger- Much like YOLT, this one moves at a horribly boring pace with very little action to keep anyone entertained. Also, and I mean no disrespect to Barry, but I really don't like this soundtrack.

22. On Her Majesty's Secret Service- Much like the last two, OHMSS cannot keep me engaged because of its absolutely pathetic pace, which moves like a 90 year old man on crutches. To go along with it, you've got the very inexperienced and weak Lazenby who fails to impress in any of his scenes except maybe his last. Then there's the soundtrack, which I know people on here love, but I for one think it can really get annoying.
  • edited July 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'll add explanations too. For the record I don't think there's really such thing as a bad Bond film, I can find things to enjoy in every single one.

21- MR. It's really only here because of one reason, they ruined the Jaws character. Other than that I enjoy it, and I can even get past the space stuff.

22- DAD. Brosnan is great as usual (in fact this is probably his best performance), Pike is great, alot of the film is great. But once Bond reaches Iceland it all starts to fall apart and it becomes a mess full of bad CGI, bad dialouge and bad action (apart from the car chase).

23- Quantum Of Solace. CR managed to pull off the gritty, realistic feel while still feeling like a Bond film, sort of like the Dalton films (but not as good, haha). Anyway, CR was good because it did that. QOS, does not do that. It doesn't feel like a Bond film. CR's ending lets you believe that Bond had becomme Bond, here we are in QOS and he's still rookie Bond. It's not terrible, not really bad, alot of it is good, but the bad story, bad action and other weak points let it down.
    I answered to this about a week ago and I can't actually quite remember what I put last time out, these rankings are subject to change I always feel, but those near the bottom never really get that far above the reaches of Bond awfulness or disasters even

(Living Royale seems to have seen an additional release in the Official series none of us have yet to see ?)

# 20 A View to a Kill
    #21 Quantum of Solace
    #22 Die Another Day

all sounds very familiar to me
    (Living Royale seems to have seen an additional release in the Official series none of us have yet to see ?)

I count NSNA.