What on earth happened to mi6community a few hours ago ?

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited June 2012 in MI6 Headlines & Feedback Posts: 15,690
I tried to visit the forum, and all I got was this :

484329mi6communityerror.png

Comments

I dunno, but suspect SPECTRE were behind it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Can't say what happened. I was working at the time. Can you tell us what time it happened, @DC?
    ...and to think this fault actually meant I had no choice but to do some work ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Dimi I got that page several time between 3:30PM and 4:30PM.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Hopefully someone else has managed to catch this. Most odd and concerning too. I hope the forum is still here tomorrow!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not sure how early it was, but I'm on the east coast of the United States and was up until about 2:30 or 3:00 AM, no problems. I surmise it happened after this. Glad I didn't wake up to the site looking like that!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Got it too.

xxx
    I had the same problem here in the UK too. I think it was around 2pm. Also as well as the Forum? The MI6 website was down too? Just glad we are all back on!
    The Sky fell?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Quantum really is everywhere!
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Yep. I got back home, here in Japan, and got errors for about a half hour saying no domain found. Spooky. It must be rival sites connected to Quantum, that's the only logical explanation. Or Justin B***ber fans who read our comments. :D
    Just glad we are back on form.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wondered what happened, and I guess it is still up in the air.
  • Server down surely?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    When the error page came up I must admit I was saddened to find that there was no message saying "This forum is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Don't worry, we have all the 00s in Europe working in full force to combat this issue". :D
  • MI6MI6 Administrator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 677
    Our provider had a database outage for a couple of hours during the afternoon yesterday UK time. At least there were no critical announcements whilst we were on our short station break and we had our people working around the clock to fix it up.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good show. Thanks for the response @MI6.
    Yes thank you!
    Thanks indeed. I don't know what I'd do without my Bond fix.
    Glad you resolved the problem! Its nice to know we are all back! :-bd
    It was Boris!
    0013 wrote:
    It was Boris!

So I guess they used the password "chair" to get back online??
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Today and several days ago, I kept getting "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" and it lasted for less than an hour each. Today I kept getting redirected and taken to a massive error page. What happened?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    edited April 2013 Posts: 7,971
    0013 wrote:
    It was Boris!

So I guess they used the password "chair" to get back online??
    I think we're still going for the ones that are in front of you and can open very large doors

I had the problem briefly, but only within about a 15 minute time frame.
    I think it is not uncommon a glitch.