The TIMOTHY DALTON Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    How about Timothy Dalton as Tony Stark/Iron Man?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I want Timothy Dalton in a Christopher Nolan or a Quentin Tarantino film, so the general public's awareness of him will skyrocket.
    Dalton should have played the British intelligence general in INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS (instead of Mike "Austin Powers" Myers).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    You don"t like Dalton as Bond?

deal_with_it_james_bond.gif
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The smirk just before the gif resets, hammers home the point, @DaltonCraig007. B-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yep! He knows he was Good ! ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Agreed @DaltonCraig007, Charles Dance in GoT was awesome, you just couldn't look elsewhere when he was on the screen. Great actor with huge presence.
    tve4110-19781203-2690.jpg
    Timothy Dalton as Sheriff Oliver Seccombe in the tv series Centennial from 1978. This was the part that made me favour him as the next Bond after Roger Moore.
    That series also features Donald Pleasence and Anthony Zerbe in the cast list.

And Barbara Carrera as Clay Basket.
    I'm guessing with a name like Clay Basket this series is tongue-in-cheek?
    Far from it, it is an Indian name.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,189
    How about Timothy Dalton as Tony Stark/Iron Man?

Err NO. That part was MADE for RDJ. He might be good as some sort of English villain against Iron Man though.

I see they have even made him look like RDJ in the comics now, but before he really looked more like Dalton.
  • edited July 2015 Posts: 11,189
    In fairness I've not actually read the comics, but the role of a flashy playboy millionaire sounds like it would suit RDJ more than Dalton.

Dalton would have to play a bad guy in the mode of Alan Rickman.
    I want Timothy Dalton for...

- Jones Senior in the new Indy movie
    - Bad guy in the 6th and final Die Hard movie (the 3rd Gruber brother to close off the series)
    - A 'meaty' role in the next Chris Nolan movie

He shouldn't stoop to Die Hard, that series is running on fumes
    He shouldn't stoop to Die Hard, that series is running on fumes

How about as a world-weary spy in the Kingsman sequel?

That's more like it
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    How about as a world-weary spy in the Kingsman sequel?

Yes, I like it. Arthur, perhaps?
    Could be good, @MajorDSmythe, but I'd prefer Dalton's character to be like Firth's. This might be like a 3rd Bond film for Dalton, and I wouldn't like it for him to sit on his chair like Caine did the entire film.
    edited July 2015 Posts: 13,905
    The more screen time the better, but I don't see that happening. But I do think he could have a very real chance at an M like character, though. He could get away with it, now that enough time has past since his time as Bond.
    A badass M/Arthur, agreed? :)>-
    Timothy Dalton-one of the very few who look better with a mustache, he should have sported one as Bond.
    Haven't seen this before. A clip from the LTK premier:

Featuring appearances from Jaws, Bibi, NicNac and Tibet (the reporter even asks Patrick Macnee if he'd like to be in future Bond films).
    "He'll be the Bond of the 90's." :(

I guess, technically, he was, until GoldenEye. He was still officially recognised as the current Bond, even if he wasn't making any Bond films.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2015 Posts: 17,696
    That was fun to look at. I even spotted Steven Seagal.
    Dalton should have been Dr. Strange. Or Mandrake the Magician.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Interesting bit of film. Showed they did try to give LTK a decent kick start in USA - that's quite a turn out of Bond greats. Even Barbara Bach, who seems to shun the whole Bond thing was there.