What direction would YOU have gone?

13»

Comments

Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    The MR effects still stand up today.

Definitely. But I'm not saying EON or Bond effects are bad - just that there have been dodgy moments in the past. May be I am thinking of DAF. Which one is it where the villain's spcaeship 'eats' the US/USSR space pods? I think it was made around the same time as Kubrick's 2001 and yet the effects look like something from Button Moon.

Special effects were something new then.

When did 2001 come out though? Not long after YOLT I don't think.

2001 came out a year after YOLT in '68 (I think).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Definitely. But I'm not saying EON or Bond effects are bad - just that there have been dodgy moments in the past. May be I am thinking of DAF. Which one is it where the villain's spcaeship 'eats' the US/USSR space pods? I think it was made around the same time as Kubrick's 2001 and yet the effects look like something from Button Moon.

Correct.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

There you go. Compare the SFX between those two and it's almost as embarassing as DUD's kite surfing sequence. Almost.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:
    Getafix wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

You are correct. 1968.