The PIERCE BROSNAN Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spectre-007-daniel-craigs-james-bond-successor-will-be-white-male-reckons-pierce-brosnan-1521027

Pierce thinks next Bond will be White and Male. ... No shock there, I think. ;)
    The article begins ....
    " Pierce Brosnan, who has played Bond in three movies, " :))
    So spot on with all the facts.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I only recall three movies, GE, TND, TWINE, so I'm not sure what the problem is ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I only recall three movies, GE, TND, TWINE, so I'm not sure what the problem is ;)

=)) There is another... -Ben Kenobi
    If she had used the term " Good Movies", I may have understood. :D
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You are killing Lee Tamahori's dreams, you know? :-?

:))
    You are killing Lee Tamahori's dreams, you know?

...but his dreams can kill Bond.
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    You are killing Lee Tamahori's dreams, you know?

...but his dreams can kill Bond.
    He had to face the destiny for that... With a little help from the gravity. ;)
  • Best Bond ever!
    Finally watching The November Man on Netflix at the moment. While its nothing spectacular and sometimes feels like it should have been made 10 years ago, there's quite a bit of good stuff in it.
    It was going to be made ten years ago with bigger budget. But, Brosnan opted to make The Matador instead.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,189
    It was going to be made ten years ago with bigger budget. But, Brosnan opted to make The Matador instead.

I didn't know that. That's another thing, there's some good locations but otherwise it feels like a bigger budget tv film.

Also, Olga's storyline is extremely similar to the one in QoS.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I didn't know that. That's another thing, there's some good locations but otherwise it feels like a bigger budget tv film.

I like the fact it was made on a smaller budget. Seen it twice and it's already one of my favourites of Brosnan. Olga Kurylenko having such a great part in it helps a lot. I have always liked her and happen to own all of her movies which is more of a coincidence really than on purpose. My point is, Kurylenko for me is the best actress that has come out of a Bond movie since Famke Janssen (GE).
    edited September 2015 Posts: 15,423

The original setting of the film was going to be placed in Berlin (as in the novel) instead of Serbia, which is reasonably mentioned at the beginning of the film at the cafeteria where Hanley tells Devereaux that they moved out of Berlin for better surveillance centers. It does feel like a TV film, to be honest, hence the $15 Million budget, with an income of $34 Million, which is a good thing. Hopefully, the sequel will feel more cinematic than the kickstarter of a potential film franchise.

And indeed Olga's character was very much like Camille judging by the background... But, a little more violent and tragic past, I think.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    edited September 2015 Posts: 1,130

I like the fact it was made on a smaller budget. Seen it twice and it's already one of my favourites of Brosnan. Olga Kurylenko having such a great part in it helps a lot. I have always liked her and happen to own all of her movies which is more of a coincidence really than on purpose. My point is, Kurylenko for me is the best actress that has come out of a Bond movie since Famke Janssen (GE).

I liked this with the smaller Budget too and agree on whay you said about Olga Kurylenko though maybe for Pierce's career would have been better 10 years ago when he was still popular thanks to James Bond and would have given this film a boost.

He would still be an A list if The november man was released 10 years ago, he had the best career out of the franchise after Sean Connery but could have done much better.

If he did The november man 10 years ago he would be Right now Like George Clooney in popularity.
    He has the looks and charisma of a huge movie star its so sad he is not the leading man in more Thomas Crown affair type of films.

Maybe he should have made Oceans 11, The Italian Job and Thomas Crown affair(,which he did)

Pierce is my favorite actor and like any fan i want the best career for him with the greatest popularity, going to the oscars and everyone going nuts for like they do with George Clooney

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pierce is just the best. He's got a good range. I'd love to see him in a Death Wish style film with a great story and plenty of action. I've heard rumors of a remake recently. I'd love to see him in that role.
    Murdock wrote: »
    Pierce is just the best. He's got a good range. I'd love to see him in a Death Wish style film with a great story and plenty of action. I've heard rumors of a remake recently. I'd love to see him in that role.
    With Quentin Tarantino directing, I'd say the film might be a top notch!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Murdock wrote: »
    With Quentin Tarantino directing, I'd say the film might be a top notch!
    Oh man that has to happen. \m/
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 11,189
    Pierce is pretty good in the film but I don't think he's great. He has some good moments (the confrontation in the poor neighbours flat) and some slightly awkward ones ("WEEE DID IT").
    I think Pierce in many ways looks better these days, with a little age on
    his face. Very distinguished.
  • SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    To all Pierce's fans dont you think it will be a little strange seing Monica in this film considering that we know Pierce wanted her so badly as his Bond girl for Tomorrow never dies( instead of Teri Hatcher)

On one side im so excited to see Monica as a Bond Girl. She is a perfect addition to this franchise but in other hand it makes me a little sad that Pierce could have had this woman and the producers didnt take her in at that time.
    I dond remember exactly the interview but i remember reading how Much Pierce wanted Monica during his tenure as Bond and i think she would have had wonderful chemistry with him.

They( Pierce Brosnanand Monica Bellucci ) would have made the best couple in a Bond movieñ
    edited October 2015 Posts: 15,423
    Oh yes. Imagine the heating dialogue between the two... A womanizer with a femme fatale. Something later achieved by Brosnan and Rene Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair. :D
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Szonana wrote: »
    To all Pierce's fans dont you think it will be a little strange seing Monica in this film considering that we know Pierce wanted her so badly as his Bond girl for Tomorrow never dies( instead of Teri Hatcher)

Nope, not at all
    I think it shows what good taste Pierce has in women ! :D
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    thats an interesting point. But i feel like Monica would have been wasted in such a short role. Hatcher was ok as the "throwaway bond girl"

I would have loved to see Monica in a bigger part. But i feel like there was no other good female part in Brosnans movies that would have fit her. (except Electra of course, but sophie herself was perfect)

Now in Spectre on the other hand, this could be a very short afair also, unfortunately since i don't feel like she will survive longer than berenice marlohe.
    But i am definitly glad that we have her anyway, and now she has quite an interesting position as the oldest bond girl. i hope they do her justice. Trailer (and WOTW music video) looks very good so far
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The Brosnan era didn't deserve Bellucci. She was always meant to be a Bond girl and tge fact that she's 50 and landed the role now in a significantly better era of Bond movies says a lot. Had the Brosnan era at least maintained the trajectory GE set then sure, she could have been a part of it but as it is, Bellucci is in a better era of the series and with a better Bond!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-1.gif

• SzonanaSzonana Mexico
    Oh yes. Imagine the heating dialogue between the two... A womanizer with a femme fatale. Something later achieved by Brosnan and Rene Russo in The Thomas Crown Affair. :D

Hehe so true, Pierce and Rene were fantastic together, i don't know but im now also thinking about on how The Thomas Crown affair could have worked with Monica instead of Rene.

I now want to see them together so bad in a romantic film, maybe in a movie made by Nancy Meyers after all she is great on making romantiv films for mature actors

• suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    doubleoego wrote: »
    The Brosnan era didn't deserve Bellucci. She was always meant to be a Bond girl and tge fact that she's 50 and landed the role now in a significantly better era of Bond movies says a lot. Had the Brosnan era at least maintained the trajectory GE set then sure, she could have been a part of it but as it is, Bellucci is in a better era of the series and with a better Bond!

ezgif.com-video-to-gif-1.gif

Agreed.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Craig hasn't kissed any of his Bond girls with the intense passion he's showing with Bellucci...and who can blame him. Even Monica herself looks like she's unleashing her own carnal lust. Just look at the way she goes for his top lip...that was clearly a very good day.
    It's dirty work, but someone's got to do it. :D
    Sorry, fellas. But, like Bond says, "It's a matter of perspective." I do highly believe Monica could have been easily suited in the Brosnan era Bond films when there was a Bond women lusted for. And Miss Bellucci being an ultimate woman to drool over, Brosnan's suave gentleman playboy would have been a perfect match for her.