Bond Games you would have liked to have been a movie

edited May 2012 in 007 Gaming Posts: 1,965
Out of these 4 Bond games which one would you have liked to have been a movie?

Agent Under Fure
Night Fire
Everything Or Nothing
Blood Stone

for me it would be Agent Under Fire. I always had fun playing that game and i thought the plot to it was just excellent

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Everything or Nothing would have been a great movie.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    All of the games could be great movies, IF worked properly and made carefully. Not like the game-to-film parodies we see those days.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If I had to pick one, probably Everything or Nothing. I don't recall the entire game's plot, but some of the missions would make for a really entertaining throwback Bond film, especially the highway chase between Bond and Jaws with the motorcycle and tanker, respectively.
    I've said it once and I'll continue to say it again: NIGHTFIRE

People say that it would just be a combo of You Only Live Twice and Moonraker, but quite honestly, Nightfire puts both of those to shame! It completely outdoes YOLT and MR in every conceivable way. I would love to see Brosnan return to battle Raphael Drake, Armitage Rook, and Kiko in a grand-epic adventure like none other!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I may be nitpicking I know, but i have swapped this over from Movies in to Gaming, as it relates more to the gaming people. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Blood Stone. That would be the best choice, because it is practically a movie, already.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Nightfire. They'd have to tone down the action, and move the finale from space to Drax's island base, but it could really work well.

• edited May 2012 Posts: 30
    Everything or Nothing.
    It's basically Brosnan's 5th Bond film. I'm sure that EON could be turned into a Bond movie easily if it was done right. Also, Max Zorin was the former mentor of the game's villian, who was voiced by, William Dafoe.

"We once played a game of bridge together. He lost..."
    none, all the storylines were outrageously over the top .
    Nightfire. They'd have to tone down the action, and move the finale from space to Drax's island base, but it could really work well.

well if you put it that way, I agree
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 30
    They're videogames, they're meant to be OTT. EON is probably the only one that could be made into a movie without a drastic change to the plot. The pre-title sequence/the motor bike chasing the train and the finale are things that i could easily see being translated onto the big screen with little change to it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    They're videogames, they're meant to be OTT. EON is probably the only one that could be made into a movie without a drastic change to the plot. The pre-title sequence/the motor bike chasing the train and the finale are things that i could easily see being translated onto the big screen with little change to it.

Not Blood Stone? Arguably the most realistic Bond game?

Blood Stone is all over the place though. The story is forgettable, the ending is stupid, Pomerov is a weak villian (was he even the main villian?). I think they'd need to change it.

Blood Stone is all over the place though. The story is forgettable, the ending is stupid, Pomerov is a weak villian (was he even the main villian?). I think they'd need to change it.

They'd need to split it into two films, with the first film dealing with the beginning through to the end of Siberia, which would be a contained story involving a bioterror threat coming from Pomerov. The second film would then be Bond following the tracks which led them to Pomerov in the first place, thus taking him to China where he's captured by Rak and then to Burma, where his final battle with Rak takes place, then there'd be the big epilogue with Bond going after Nicole Hunter during the final car chase. This would then be the same sequel hint that the game had (which will obviously never be followed up on).
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236

They certainly don't make them like they use to! This is my ideal dream for the next Bond movie, I mean everything is there and it just works out perfectly! Next in line would be Blood Stone, which is also perfect for the movie transition.
    None really. But closest as they get to being movies are ; Nightfire, Everything Or Nothing and Blood Stone

I prefer even THOSE graphics to the ones in Legends.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Something i feel sad and i repeat constantly are the NF graphs. I don't understand why Nightfire Graphics on PC sux as the same time as the PS2 are the best ones. The game stills the same, the action is "worth its weight in Gold" like the Fort Knox description says, However i think they could have used some more time and patience to do the work in the PC version. As example, you can see the weapons difference between them. Poor fact.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Something i feel sad and i repeat constantly are the NF graphs. I don't understand why Nightfire Graphics on PC sux as the same time as the PS2 are the best ones. The game stills the same, the action is "worth its weight in Gold" like the Fort Knox description says, However i think they could have used some more time and patience to do the work in the PC version. As example, you can see the weapons difference between them. Poor fact.

I actually prefer the graphics on the GameCube over those on the Playstation 2. I just think that the GC version feels more polished and clean on the graphics, whereas the PS2 version reminds me that this is a 2002 game. I never get that feeling while playing the GC version; I feel like I might as well be playing a 2012 game! Also, and I know this is a bit nit-picky, but the PS2 version includes some strange white puff cloud thing whenever you shoot or punch a bot, almost like an early-stage hit marker or something. The GC version doesn't have this, and I'm glad because it annoys the dump out of me! Oh, and who can forget that fact that the GC version allows you to have 6 bots while the PS2 version only allows for 4!
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

I actually prefer the graphics on the GameCube over those on the Playstation 2. I just think that the GC version feels more polished and clean on the graphics, whereas the PS2 version reminds me that this is a 2002 game. I never get that feeling while playing the GC version; I feel like I might as well be playing a 2012 game! Also, and I know this is a bit nit-picky, but the PS2 version includes some strange white puff cloud thing whenever you shoot or punch a bot, almost like an early-stage hit marker or something. The GC version doesn't have this, and I'm glad because it annoys the dump out of me! Oh, and who can forget that fact that the GC version allows you to have 6 bots while the PS2 version only allows for 4!

6 bots?? Gosh, i need a Gamecube! *--*

Haha, i always find that 'puff cloud' thing strangely weird also... with that exception, for me the game stills very fun :)
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Haha, i always find that 'puff cloud' thing strangely weird also... with that exception, for me the game stills very fun :)

Oh of course, without a doubt! The game is always the best, no matter what version!
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Oh of course, without a doubt! The game is always the best, no matter what version!

Exactly that! Even EoN which i thought was the best, i got bored like 1 and a half year ago on it. Nightfire i didn't, anytime. It's quite fun, each time i play it it gets better!
    @X3MSonicX: Exactly, EoN is really fun at times, but can get old and dull after a short period of time. Also, they really cheated us on the multiplayer. You'd think that if Nightfire in 2002 could have such an incredibly amazing multiplayer that EoN in 2004, given the two-year advancements, would have gone the next step and really pulled out all the stops, but no. Instead, it stinks. Big time.
    00Beast wrote:
    @X3MSonicX: Exactly, EoN is really fun at times, but can get old and dull after a short period of time. Also, they really cheated us on the multiplayer. You'd think that if Nightfire in 2002 could have such an incredibly amazing multiplayer that EoN in 2004, given the two-year advancements, would have gone the next step and really pulled out all the stops, but no. Instead, it stinks. Big time.

Indeed. I actually prefer Nightfire because you can play it alone and get bots to fight and train skills for SP. In EoN, i never had the chance to see what is the MP missions because a second player is required.
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

Indeed. I actually prefer Nightfire because you can play it alone and get bots to fight and train skills for SP. In EoN, i never had the chance to see what is the MP missions because a second player is required.

It's not worth it, because in EoN, in order to have access to other maps and characters, you have to go through a cooperative multiplayer with a friend. My brother and I have done this before, and it's too complicated and not really that fun either. Plus, even when you do unlock the multiplayer conent, bots are not included, so it would just be one-on-one between you and a friend. It gets tiresome quickly!
    00Beast wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    00Beast wrote:

It's not worth it, because in EoN, in order to have access to other maps and characters, you have to go through a cooperative multiplayer with a friend. My brother and I have done this before, and it's too complicated and not really that fun either. Plus, even when you do unlock the multiplayer conent, bots are not included, so it would just be one-on-one between you and a friend. It gets tiresome quickly!

Wow. Not good at all... D: To be honest, i played the MP at once with a girl, my ex-neighbour. We made it until the mission you need to defuse bombs while your teammate covers you.

And, Just a question: Does in MP you unlock Bond? Or are only that 4 agents and others like 003, which are unlocked?
    @X3MSonicX: Oh yeah, that bomb defuse mission is rather irksome! My friend from church and I played through that one at his house, and because he is very short-tempered, that didn't go over too well, hahahaha. He was ready to break the PS2 any minute! To answer your question, I don't believe so, as far as I'm concerned, you get everyone else from the game except for 007 and Jaws, which is really strange. You even get Baron Samedi and Oddjob, who are not part of the game! I mean I'm fine with that, I always enjoy playing as the classic villains, but if they were going to include them, why not others also, like Nightfire did with 11 classic villains!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    00Beast wrote:
    @X3MSonicX: Oh yeah, that bomb defuse mission is rather irksome! My friend from church and I played through that one at his house, and because he is very short-tempered, that didn't go over too well, hahahaha. He was ready to break the PS2 any minute! To answer your question, I don't believe so, as far as I'm concerned, you get everyone else from the game except for 007 and Jaws, which is really strange. You even get Baron Samedi and Oddjob, who are not part of the game! I mean I'm fine with that, I always enjoy playing as the classic villains, but if they were going to include them, why not others also, like Nightfire did with 11 classic villains!

Ahahaha, i feel like him sometimes when i die :P Even tho, i'm already capable of play through any mission on 007. is easy in some of them. I just feel sad with the driving missions because Bond cars always get destroyed :(

Oh damn. If at least you could unlock Bond, the MP would worth it all.

In Nightfire i'd like to have Alec Trevelyan in the villains, just as TWINE game made on N64. would be very fun.

Wasn't there a mode in EON involving Jaws, like he was released and you had to kill him or something? I'm not sure because I barely ever played multiplayer on that game, but the awesome sp made up for it.