The brand new guess the character

Comments

• goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    R1s1ngs0n wrote: »
    Pan Ho ?

That's a very good guess...
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited July 2021 Posts: 7,314
    I'm so sorry for the delay. Sometimes life gets in the way. It is not Pan Ho. Let's try some more clues.

EON Character :

1) You hear my name before you see me. I am seen for a brief moment before my name is called.
    2) In fact, that audible cue was all I needed to provide the proper equipment.
    3) Safety is our number one priority.
    4) The future's so bright.
    5) I seem to be monitoring the departures while my partner is in charge of arrivals.
    6) Had we done our due diligence, the main villain might have gotten away with it.
    7) My partner does all the talking.
    8) You must follow the rules if you want to make it around here.
    9) Women's rights are on full display.
    10) Where's the usual man?

11) We are not in California.
    12) Sign, sign, everywhere a sign (apparently).
    13) Bond's last hurrah.
    14) I am armed.
    15) Both the clothes and the vehicle are stolen.
    16) Made you feel it, did he?
    17) Disclaim to fame. It sure as hell ain't Zardoz.
    18) Drax would've chosen me, if you're reading me correctly.
    19) Does Kerim think of me before a sexual encounter?
    20) Women love me.

21) A stolen vehicle was replaced with another stolen vehicle.
    22) Bond needs some help getting hard.
    23) We have people everywhere.

Incorrect :

Flying Circus Squadron Leader (GF)
    Holly Goodhead
    Jerry (DAF)
    May Day
    Mr. Kidd
    Pan Ho
    Pat Fearing
    Pindar's Communications Assistant
    Sister Rose
    New clues.
    It's not her.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,398
    I'm still trying to find fitting scenes for clue 15. This should narrow it down a lot :-?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    It's clue 6 that is confusing me. If they HAD done their diligence then he WOULD have got away with it... meaning that the villain was somehow foiled by someone not doing their job correctly (?). I feel that should narrow it down, but I'm coming up blank!
    Yes, and sorry that it took so long.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Flying Circus Squadron Leader in GF ?
    I didn't see it. That's not the correct answer. I will post more clues shortly.
    New clues up above.
    Gerry from AVTAK?
  • Stacey?
    Back to the salt mines?
    Hey guys. First off, I want to apologize for being a bad host this round. I've been traveling a lot this summer and haven't paid attention to the game as much as I should have.

Now, that being said, I want to announce that we have a winner! @goldenswissroyale has got it! It's Gerry (or Jerry?) from AVTAK! He's a very minor character. A Zorin stooge guarding the gate entrance to the mine.

I wanted to post this first as he guessed it a couple days ago. Sorry I wasn't able to post it sooner but I did notify him with a pm. Ok, going to post the answers next.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 7,314
    Ok, got to post this quickly.

As mentioned above, Gerry and his coworker are guarding the gate entrance to the mine when Bond and Stacey roll in with the stolen vehicle.

He wears a uniform (the old fashioned phrase that women love a man in uniform) and carries a firearm. Oh and remember that old 80's tune, the future's so bright...I gotta wear shades? Yes, he's wearing sunglasses.

His coworker stops Bond because he's not wearing a hard hat. It's the rules you know. Gerry grabs the hard hat for Bond to wear. That is his claim to fame. They are then told to follow the signs.

Let's see... this scene comes after Bond and Stacey ditch the firetruck. Bond knocks out the guy and shakes his hand like it hurts... made you feel it, did he? Stacey ends up wearing the guy's uniform. Women's Lib is taking over the Teamsters. The scene was filmed in England and not California. There is a disclaimer about the name Zorin at the beginning of the film. AVTAK was Moore's last hurrah as Bond.

If they had stopped Bond, Zorin would've gotten away with it. He has a mustache and so did all of Drax's men in the MR novel. Kerim's remark about going back to the salt mines... I think that covers everything. I hope. If not ask me to explain something and I will.

A big congrats is in order to @goldenswissroyale for identifying this character who had not much screen time to say the least. Excellent job!!
    @Birdleson when you guessed Jerry from DAF it shocked me (at that point in the game) how many clues matched up and they even had the same name.
    This was a very good round @pachazo and a fun character you picked. I was sure it had to be kind of a guard in front of the mine but never realized this guy was named Gerry before. The salt mine clue was great but I needed your hint about the fact that they stole two vehicles in a row. The “not in California“ clue was a bit mean ;)
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,398
    New round with an EON character.
    1. The police is driving in the other direction.
    2. The first track of the QoS score tells the opposite.
    3. I'm replaced very quickly.
    4. Replace one letter of the Bond actor's surname with another letter and mix it only slightly...
    5. ...and repeat it.
    6. A giant white one is behind me.
    7. The final part of the title song is also heard when you see me the last time.

Incorrect:
    Guy Bond knocks off of motorcycle (QoS)
    Koskov
  • Koskov?
    None of them. Thanks for starting.
    A riddle is up there. Good luck.
    Clue 4 is now a bit easier.
    Two more clues.
    New clues. EON character.
    1. The police is driving in the other direction.
    2. The first track of the QoS score tells the opposite.
    3. I'm replaced very quickly.
    4. Replace one letter of the Bond actor's surname with another letter and mix it only slightly...
    5. ...and repeat it.
    6. A giant white one is behind me.
    7. The final part of the title song is also heard when you see me the last time.
    8. Who is here? (Bond, me and another person) And why?
    9. I get opposite orders. More than once.

Incorrect:
    Guy Bond knocks off of motorcycle (QoS)
    Koskov

The carriage driver in FYEO ?
    edited August 2021 Posts: 4,398
    The third guess is already the right one. Well done @R1s1ngs0n.
    Carriage driver in Cortina (FYEO)
    1. As soon as the sledge/carriage started moving, we see a police car (with blue lights) driving behind them and going in the other direction.
    2. The opposite of Time To Get Out: Bond says to Melina: Get in. (The carriage).
    3. They ride away and the next carriage takes the spot for the next tourists.
    4. Moore. Replace an o with an a. And put the a at the beginnig. Amore.
    5. Amore, Amore. (That's what the driver says at the end of the scene.)
    6. Snow sculptures were made in the middle of the village. A man with a sledge (built with snow)is seen behind the driver when he is waiting.
    7. After Amore Amore we can hear the last tones of the title song.
    8. Bond and Melina ask each other why they are in Cortina and Melina asks if Gonzales is here, too.
    9. Melina says he should stop, Bond wants that he rides to the station.

Did you know that actor/driver still owns the clothes from the movie and the carriage and stores it in his cellar? It still is in very good condition but the horse obviously didn't made it. And he is proud that his “Amore, amore“ isn't dubbed in other countries.
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,020
    @goldenswissroyale Great round yet again.
    I was racking my brain with the title song clue, humming several times each theme’s final notes until that scene finally popped in my head 😅
    Funnily enough, I thought your riddle referenced Craig - Carriage, (the R being repeated rather than the word itself) but obviously your explanation makes much more sense.
    I’ll try and come up with something later today.
    Thanks @R1s1ngs0n. You obviously have an outstanding memory when it comes to Bond music. Furthermore, you did great work in solving the riddle. I didn't think at this at all but it is even smarter than what I had in mind. ;)
    edited August 2021 Posts: 2,020
    EON character

1. This time it wasn’t suicide.
    2. I stand out from the rest.
    3. The boss’ generosity has certainly proved fatal for me.
    4. 1, 3, 4, 11
    New clue added.