The brand new guess the character

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Helga Brandt ?
    Really good guesses! But not who we're after. Two more clues added.
    Three more clues added.
    Sorry, it is not the lovely Tiffany.

A named EON character with dialogue.

Clues:
    1) I help to get the plot going.
    2) I know some secret information that MI6 knows.
    3) I say something that might remind you of something in TMWTGG.
    4) I express my suspicion about something.
    5) In one scene, I hold an item almost exactly like an item Bond holds, and in another scene, we both handle the exact same item, but it is different from the first.
    6) "And now for my next impression--Jesse Owens!"
    7) I engage in subterfuge and say so.
    8) In through the out door?
    9) I make certain arrangements, but my opposition is aware of them.
    10) I speak more than one language.

Incorrect guesses:
    Captain Benson
    Colonel Moon/Gustav Graves
    Helga Brandt
    Red Grant
    Tiffany Case
    Kerim ?
    Yes, @R1s1ngs0n, you've got it! It is Ali Kerim Bey. Thanks everyone for playing. Congratulations R1s1ngs0n, and over to you.

1) I help to get the plot going.
    Near the beginning, M tells Bond that Tatiana contacted Kerim, told him she wanted to defect, and she would turn the Lektor over to MI6.
    2) I know some secret information that MI6 knows.
    Bond reads the cable from M outloud for Kerim to hear, that the "merchandise appears genuine" and to go ahead with the deal.
    3) I say something that might remind you of something in TMWTGG.
    He says to Tatiana, "Charming...charming", similar to Saida's "charm" .
    4) I express my suspicion about something.
    When Bond tells Kerim about how Tatiana will give them the Lektor, Kerim says it sounds all too easy, and "You're not using this", pointing to his head.
    5) In one scene, I hold an item almost exactly like an item Bond holds, and in another scene, we both handle the exact same item, but it is different from the first.
    In the train compartment, Kerim points his Walther PPK at Commissar Benz. Earlier at the Gypsy camp, both Kerim and Bond hold and drink from the same bottle of Raki, (made from distilled grapes and anise, Turkey's national drink and popular in other Balkan countries).
    6) "And now for my next impression--Jesse Owens!"
    Kerim runs with Bond and Tatiana to catch the train. Even before that, he's almost at a run underneath the Russian consolate. If anyone doesn't know, it's a line from Blazing Saddles about American sprinter Jessie Owens.
    7) I engage in subterfuge and say so.
    Driving to the Gypsy camp, Bond tells Kerim "I see now why you keep the Rolls" and Kerim says "One of my sons is driving it, with two dummies in the back, in the opposite direction. They'll follow it for hours".
    8) In through the out door?
    When Bond first arrives, he lets Kerim's mistress leave the room first (and looks on as she does), before he goes in.
    9) I make certain arrangements, but my opposition is aware of them.
    He sent his son to the airport to pick up Bond, but Red Grant is watching from a vehicle outside, as is the Bulgar agent.
    10) I speak more than one language.
    At the Gypsy camp, he translates for Bond when Bond asks Kerim to tell their host his hospitality overwhelms him; and Kerim tells Bond in English what's going on with the girl fight.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 2,020
    29015cb7-6725-4a83-8408-1daa7e029eed_text.gif
    Thanks @Thrasos that was another excellent round. Coming up with clever clues is already a challenge but it's even harder when it's a central character that's been played before.
    I'll do my best to come up with something by end of the day.

Edit: wow, it appears Kerim has never been played before... I'm positively shocked 😮
    Unnamed EON character with no dialogue.

1. I witness firsthand two 'historic' events in the Bond franchise...
    2. ...I see the first one and hear the second one. Both events involve Bond.
    3. 4 people, 4 types of hats.
    4. I get tasked with the easiest 'job' in the world.
    5. Bond didn't get here the way he was supposed to...
    6. ...in fact, if it were up to some people, Bond would not have gotten here at all.
    7. Bond is the only one not wearing a uniform in this scene.
    8. White is the dominant color of my attire.
    9. Bond says something to me that is reminiscent of something he says to a young couple a few years later, under very similar circumstances.
    New clue added.
    Last clues for today.
    Is it the Soldier at Fort Knox in GF?
    Another clue added.
    So I take it my previous guess was not the one?
    Thrasos wrote: »
    So I take it my previous guess was not the one?
    Oh sorry, I completely missed your post.
    It's not any of the soldiers in Fort Knox... there were many of them so I don't know which one you are referring to.
    New clue.
    One more clue.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    edited May 2021 Posts: 4,398
    I'm completely wrong for sure: the bride on the ship from AVTAK?
    Could be.
    I'm completely wrong for sure: the bride on the ship from AVTAK?
    Nope 😅
  • edited May 2021 Posts: 1,469
    Is it the Sergeant at Government House in Dr. No when Bond pulls up? And perhaps the two 'historic' events are Bond's first "kill" on camera and his first quip?
    Thrasos wrote: »
    Is it the Sergeant at Government House in Dr. No when Bond pulls up? And perhaps the two 'historic' events are Bond's first "kill" on camera and his first quip?

Well done @Thrasos ! It is indeed the sergeant stationed at the entrance of the governor's house in DN.

1. I witness firsthand two 'historic' events in the Bond franchise...
    2. ...I see the first one and hear the second one. Both events involve Bond.
    Bond behind the wheel of a car and his first quip, respectively.
    3. 4 people, 4 types of hats.
    Bond's trilby, Mr. Jones' chauffeur's hat, the sergeant's cap and the guard's beret.
    4. I get tasked with the easiest 'job' in the world.
    Making sure the deceased Mr. Jones 'doesn't get away'.
    5. Bond didn't get here the way he was supposed to...
    Bond intended on getting a taxi at the airport. Instead, he arrived driving his dead chauffeur's car.
    6. ...in fact, if it were up to some people, Bond would not have gotten here at all.
    It's safe to assume the good doctor had planned for Bond to meet his demise wherever Mr. Jones intended to take him.
    7. Bond is the only one not wearing a uniform in this scene.
    Self explanatory.
    8. White is the dominant color of my attire.
    Self explanatory.
    9. Bond says something to me that is reminiscent of something he says to a young couple a few years later, under very similar circumstances.
    "Sergeant, make sure he doesn't get away" and TB's "Mind if my friend sits this one out? she's just dead" share a lot in common; both the dark, dry humor that Connery pulls off so effortlessly and the (dead) subjects of these quips.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Ah, I was far away from a success. Good show!
    Thank you R1s1ngs0n. That is a great character! And a classic scene (and double take by the sergeant). Excellent clues and a fun round.

Would anyone else like to jump in with a character, maybe someone who hasn't done it in a week or two? Because I did the one before R1s1ngs0n.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Well done. I was going through my list of hats, and thought of Mr Jones, specifically when he's at the airport with the air hostesses/porters wearing BOAC/BWIA hats.
    That quip remains my all time favorite, mostly due to Connery's perfect delivery.
    No matter how many times I've seen it, it never fails to make me chuckle.
    This line seems like it was written with Cary Grant in mind and would have perfectly fitted in 'North By Northwest'.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Ah, I had been focusing on later in the film with everyone wearing the white suits in the control room. Good job to both of you.
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    Anyone want to jump in and keep the game going?
    edited May 2021 Posts: 7,314
    I hadn't wanted to host again until I won, but in the interests of keeping the game alive...

If you all will permit me, can you guess this Named, Eon Character?

1) Imhotep registered?
    2) This gift is treated with the utmost respect and consideration.
    3) I'm in the thick of it.
    4) Bond describes me as being a left leaning individual.
    5) Shouting!
    6) A Kelsey Grammer film title comes to mind.
    7) Deaf but not blind.
    8) A friend in need is a friend indeed.
    Not her. Okay, more clues added. Let's solve this one my friends.
    Draco ?