The brand new guess the character

Comments

• R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Andrea Anders ?
  • Max_The_ParrotMax_The_Parrot ATAC to St Cyril’s
    ...Tee Hee??
    @goldenswissroyale was that a guess, or like The Joker, have my clues driven you to a maniacal madness?
    :)

Interesting that lots of my favourite characters are being guessed, I'd love to be playing some of them, but no right answers yet. Sorry both of you!
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,022
    tenor.gif?itemid=9170373
    Tracy ?
  • Tokoloshe2Tokoloshe2 Northern Ireland
    edited September 2020 Posts: 1,172
    Saida the belly dancer?
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    @Max_The_Parrot It was an act of desparation.
    No jackpot yet, I've added more clues 🤞
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mr. White?
    Sorry @Creasy47 not Mr White
    The OP sword swallower?
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Bambi?
    Kincade ?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Marco Sciarra?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,022
    Marco Sciarra?

He was already cited.
    That #*%@ character better not be from one of the first 10 movies because I will be pretty embarassed if it is.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Francois Derval?
    Some great guesses here, very varied, but no correct answer yet.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Is it the umpire guy in the Tuk Tuk chase? I dunno.

When you mention Mr Big do you literally mean Mr Big from LALD?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,426
    EON character

1 Look up! I should be underground by rights, and yet I'm above it all
    2 I carry a weapon, concealed you might say.
    3 Red. My status assured.
    4 I've worked my way up the ladder, and am almost at the top.
    5 If he asked nicely I might allow Bond to enter, but not his companion.
    6 I'm involved in a financial transaction.
    7 I'm caught in a brief downpour, but not of rain ...
    8 ... so I suppose it's a good job I'm wearing a hat.
    9 No fear of Covid-19 here, we've taken appropriate measures.
    10 My services could have been put to good use in a later movie, although not to Bond's advantage
    11 I waste no time ... before he realizes it Bond has missed all the fun
    12 So nearly the centre of attention for so many
    13 Picture Clues
    Spectre-Ring.jpg
    o8bnp03cy4y01.jpg
    14 You'll find me on the beach, perhaps? There are similarities, certainly
    15 Bond has a clear view of me until someone gets in the way
    16 On this occasion, Bond had help from someone in his past, but it wasn't Moneypenny
    17 There is no background music to this scene, I provide many of the sound effects
    18 I appear to be disguised as someone I'm not ...
    19 ... Bond will meet another person soon who is dressed much like me, though not viridescent enough
    20 Visually you'd have to say I am the opposite of the people I'm next to
    21 Although a little late, Bond quickly makes himself at home
    22 Bond only sees me because Mr Big was gonna take care of him
    23 Bond and I are finished at the same time
    23 Nobody will be arguing with me without severe consequences
    Spectre-Mouse-300178-20-Transparent-White-1.jpg
    Getting rid of these could be quite revealing
    25 Did I slip into something more comfortable, like Octopussy did perhaps?
    26 One mistake now could be the cause of some embarrassment
    27 These tassels could be a hassle
    28 Are you in or out? I know the answer!
    29 Despite clue 9's reassurance, the enochlophobic should probably stay away
    30 I never let go of what's in my right hand
    31 While I'm busy working, James is busy flirting
    32 I'm stood next to characters doing something that the actors playing those characters have done many times before
    33 Like a magician, one moment I'm not there. The next I appear. Corners have been cut!

Previous Guesses

Al Capone
    Angelo Palazzi
    Andrea Anders
    Anya Amasova
    Ava TLD
    Bambi
    Baron Samedi
    Blofeld (any)
    Bonita
    Brad Whitaker
    Carl Mortner
    Caroline the psychologist (GE)
    Coffin assassin in MR
    construction worker with the dynamite during the CR parkour chase
    Dario
    Fiona Volpe
    Francisco the Fearless OP
    Francois Derva
    Gettler
    Goldfinger
    guard killed by the electric fish in LTK
    Colonel Heller
    Irina
    Jaws
    Jenny Flex
    Kincade
    Krilenko
    Countess Lisl von Schlaf
    Liz TLD
    Madeleine Swann
    Magda
    Marco Sciarra
    May Day
    Maybelle Pepper
    Nick Nack
    Gen. Medrano
    Oddjob
    Gen. Ourumov
    Pam Bouvier
    Pan Ho
    Plenty O'Toole
    Red Grant
    Rodney
    Ruby Bartlett
    Saida TMWTGG
    Scarecrow killer of Rosie
    Scarpine
    Shady Tree
    Sheikh Hosein's wife(s)
    Silva
    Smithers
    Solange
    Solitaire
    SPECTRE No 7 (TB)
    Sword swallower (OP)
    Miss Taro
    Tatiana Romanova
    Tee Hee
    Tracy Bond
    Truck Driver in the LTK truck chase
    Umpire from Tuk Tuk Chase OP
    Whisper
    Mr White
    Xenia Onatopp

• Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Xenia?
    Sorry @Last_Rat_Standing it's not Onatopp! New clues added
    Anya ?
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    Smithers?
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    The psychologist assessing bond at the start of GE?
    edited September 2020 Posts: 2,426
    mtm wrote: »

Sorry @mtm I've just noticed your post, sorry I missed it first time.

No, other people will no doubt create clues in different ways, but when I set clues if I reference other films or characters it's generally to make a point about the character I'm playing, rather than saying this character is from this particular film, or has a connection to this particular person. Although any reference to Bond should be taken literally.

So the fact I've mentioned Mr Big should be taken as not necessarily Mr Big from LALD, but certainly someone who can be thought of in some way as a Mr Big. This could be obviously big as in physically - tall or heavy etc, or someone in charge/high up (like LALD's Mr Big is), or some other interpretation of the word big (big ego or intellect as examples).

That clue was meant to play on the dialogue 'Mr Big's gonna take care of you' but wasn't meant to suggest it is referring directly to that scene, sorry if it came across that way.

Similarly Octopussy being referenced in clue 25, don't assume that means this character is from OP (although I'm not saying they aren't!) - all I'm doing there is saying in the same way Octopussy is wearing a nice comfortable and stylish dressing gown this character is also wearing something that looks very casual and comfortable, not formal, maybe there's something in common with what Octopussy is wearing as well ...

I do try and drop in words like maybe, perhaps, possibly if I want you to think less literally, more cryptically about a clue, so eg. clue 14 I can confirm this character is definitely not on a real beach, but there's going to be something in common with a beach.

But I'm not a professional crossword setter, so I'll admit my clues no doubt leave much to be desired!

PS the same goes for the picture clues, I picked photos from Bond scenes for a bit of fun, but focus on what is in the picture that I might want you to think about , not the fact that they are taken from SP and LALD.
    No right answers yet, sorry
    Smithers?

Both the Bond version and the Simpsons version are incorrect! :)

No, other people will no doubt create clues in different ways, but when I set clues if I reference other films or characters it's generally to make a point about the character I'm playing, rather than saying this character is from this particular film, or has a connection to this particular person. Although any reference to Bond should be taken literally.

So the fact I've mentioned Mr Big should be taken as not necessarily Mr Big from LALD, but certainly someone who can be thought of in some way as a Mr Big. This could be obviously big as in physically - tall or heavy etc, or someone in charge/high up (like LALD's Mr Big is), or some other interpretation of the word big (big ego or intellect as examples).

That clue was meant to play on the dialogue 'Mr Big's gonna take care of you' but wasn't meant to suggest it is referring directly to that scene, sorry if it came across that way.

Similarly Octopussy being referenced in clue 25, don't assume that means this character is from OP (although I'm not saying they aren't!) - all I'm doing there is saying in the same way Octopussy is wearing a nice comfortable and stylish dressing gown this character is also wearing something that looks very casual and comfortable, not formal, maybe there's something in common with what Octopussy is wearing as well ...

I do try and drop in words like maybe, perhaps, possibly if I want you to think less literally, more cryptically about a clue, so eg. clue 14 I can confirm this character is definitely not on a real beach, but there's going to be something in common with a beach.

But I'm not a professional crossword setter, so I'll admit my clues no doubt leave much to be desired!

PS the same goes for the picture clues, I picked photos from Bond scenes for a bit of fun, but focus on what is in the picture that I might want you to think about , not the fact that they are taken from SP and LALD.

I think this is exactly the right way to set clues. I do a lot of puzzle writing and quizmastering and that's very similar to the techniques I use.
    @Tokoloshe2 thanks for that, it's reassuring to know you feel I'm on the right lines.

Certainly I hope when the answers are revealed people don't think any clues were deliberately misleading. Equally though when I'm in the hot seat I do hope that the winner feels like they've had a bit of a challenge and earned the win! 🤞
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,994
    mtm wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification. I get not to take them literally, but it was just the Mr Big one that confused me as it seemed to be actually referring to him being in this particular scene. The Octopussy one is obviously fine because it was phrased as being something in the same way Octopussy does it in another movie.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Liz from TLD?