The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Favorite MI6 Moderator*

0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
edited May 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 28,694
Here you will give your nominations for favorite MI6 moderator. The qualities expressed by the moderator may be a happy, funny, helpful demeanor, and more.

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Dimi. A class-act guy :)
    It's got to go to Dimi: always civil, insightful, and participatory.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It is @Dimi for me too. A great kind, funny mod, who is a damn good film lover as well as the reason I was able to do these awards.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    @MajorDSmythe He realises how brilliant Dalton was, and has good taste in horror films. Also dimi, because he's funny and also has good taste in horror films.
    DiscoVolante
    @DarthDimi gets my vote. Seems like a really cool guy.
    I nominate @Benny
  • Tough call, but I'm going with Luds even if he would kick Barbara Bach out of bed ;)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459
    Could we please have a list of names of those who are mods? Thanks. :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Tough call, but I'm going with Luds even if he would kick Barbara Bach out of bed ;)

I wouldn't want a horse in my bed either. Did Barbara's head cameo in The Godfather?
    edited May 2012 Posts: 12,459
    No but maybe your bottom (to put it politely) did.
    I think there was a film named for guys who would speak negatively about the lovely Bond girl Bach ... it starts with a J.

• Tough call, but I'm going with Luds even if he would kick Barbara Bach out of bed ;)

I wouldn't want a horse in my bed either. Did Barbara's head cameo in The Godfather?

Wrong film bro. I think you mistook the lovely Mrs. Starkey for Corinne Clery :O
    I think there was a film named for guys who would speak negatively about the lovely Bond girl Bach ... it starts with a J.
    Was that supposed to be funny?

:-??

Well, maybe I sounded a bit harsh. Sorry. But I thought you called Barbara as attractive as a horse, which was not nice. Just standing up for her.

Well, maybe I sounded a bit harsh. Sorry. But I thought you called Barbara as attractive as a horse, which was not nice. Just standing up for her.

No worries, I kid. It is just that after seeing Eva all modern woman can't compare.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    there is no comparing these moderators, they all do great work.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    MajorDSmythe for the affinity we share for Deadlier Than The Male, Elke Sommer, Dalton's Bond, Kara Milovy and pretty much anything TLD-related. Also, for being my fellow MI6-er who also gets his screen name from OP. B-)
    I don't have any such thing as 'favorite moderator or admin', they are all there in the same capacity doing a job and keeping law and order

Maybe, after some careful consideration, George or Nick maybe, Nic Nac too possibly, I couldn't highlight one individual
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @DarthDimi once again. An all round great guy, as everyone on the forum is but if I had to choose... DD it is.
    MajorDSmythe is a mod? :O

My vote goes to D Dimi, too.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Germanlady wrote:

Has been for several years, yes.
    Germanlady wrote:

Well - he always seems very fanboyish and "taking no prisoners" in his posts. I thought, a mod should be a good example... B-)
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Well - he always seems very fanboyish and "taking no prisoners" in his posts. I thought, a mod should be a good example... B-)

I don't get that feeling at all about @MajorDSmythe...
    Germanlady wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

I don't get that feeling at all about @MajorDSmythe...

Me neither. @Germanlady are you sure that you're not being biased because he's a Dalton fan?
    Germanlady *is* biased because Major's favorite Bond is Dalton and his least favorite Bond in Craig.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited May 2012 Posts: 1,347
    Could we please have a list of names of those who are mods? Thanks. :)
    AndrewLucas
    Benny
    DarthDimi
    DiscoVolante
    doubleonothing
    Dusty59
    JamesPage
    Luds
    MajorDSmythe
    MI6
    nick_007
    NicNac
    Q
    St_George

That's all of us (AndrewLucas, JamesPage, Luds, MI6 and Q being admins as well) :)

Sadly a couple of the mods rarely visit these days.
    Actually I am not biased, because I think that in general, a mod should hold back a bit and not get involved in the fanboy or trashing sector too much and for that, it doesn't matter, who he favours or dislikes.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 23,551
    Germanlady wrote:
    Actually I am not biased, because I think that in general, a mod should hold back a bit and not get involved in the fanboy or trashing sector too much and for that, it doesn't matter, who he favours or dislikes.

Well, we do like to show our love for the Bonds and beyond and being a mod doesn't cool down the enthusiasm. We do, however, sometimes pull back when things get silly or sour because at that point we realise we might soon have to intervene. ;-)

Overall though, we try to bring out the best in our members and even when sometimes we can't afford to look the other way any more, we always offer people more than one chance to prove themselves.

In the mean time, however, we like to discuss Bond and sometimes we do so with passion. In the end, it's the love for Bond that lured us here in the first place, most of us many - many years ago (tenth anniversaries are approaching...). ;-)

But no matter what happens, we all love our wonderful members. After all, the thing that keeps us going, that keeps us investing time in keeping the forums clean but fun, is the fact of said forum being such an intensely amusing social structure. This forum isn't written in words, you see. It's written in the team spirit, friendliness and commitment of all of you folks. When we visit the forum, we're not reading texts, we're reading thoughts and when they come from the heart, they put a warm smile on our faces. We may have to filter out some ugliness from time to time, but ultimately we do so to ensure our members have a cosy stay in a well maintained environment.

The MI6Community is the house that Bond fans build, not the house that either the admins or the mods built long ago.

And when in need, the mods are at your service!
    Us, mods two years ago.
    Us, mods today, and our Kung-Fu is stronger than ever!
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Germanlady wrote:

Well, we do like to show our love for the Bonds and beyond and being a mod doesn't cool down the enthusiasm. We do, however, sometimes pull back when things get silly or sour because at that point we realise we might soon have to intervene. ;-)

Overall though, we try to bring out the best in our members and even when sometimes we can't afford to look the other way any more, we always offer people more than one chance to prove themselves.

In the mean time, however, we like to discuss Bond and sometimes we do so with passion. In the end, it's the love for Bond that lured us here in the first place, most of us many - many years ago (tenth anniversaries are approaching...). ;-)

But no matter what happens, we all love our wonderful members. After all, the thing that keeps us going, that keeps us investing time in keeping the forums clean but fun, is the fact of said forum being such an intensely amusing social structure. This forum isn't written in words, you see. It's written in the team spirit, friendliness and commitment of all of you folks. When we visit the forum, we're not reading texts, we're reading thoughts and when they come from the heart, they put a warm smile on our faces. We may have to filter out some ugliness from time to time, but ultimately we do so to ensure our members have a cosy stay in a well maintained environment.

And that's why you're my favorite, @Dimi.
    Germanlady *is* biased because Major's favorite Bond is Dalton and his least favorite Bond in Craig.

Ah, that's what I thought.