New Bond set for 2014!

13»

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Agreed. Craig won't stick around till he breaks Roger Moore records. If, I repeat - if - 2014 will indeed bring us Bond 24, then it's highly unlikely for any recasting to occur, although one must bare in mind that Lazenby, Moore and Dalton all stepped in during a two year hiatus.
    This is great news and with it being announced I'm sure the producers already have ideas and writers busying themselves for it. Won't say anything about wanting mendes back yet till I see Skyfall
    I'm expecting perhaps 2 more films from DC after SF.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    And Ladies and Gentle men, we got it..

The imdbpage of Bond 24 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2379713/
    Why are people talking about recasting? Craig is signed for more films. It's in his contract.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,686
    The_Reaper wrote:
    Why are people talking about recasting? Craig is signed for more films. It's in his contract.

Eh ? Craig has the normal 3 films + 1 optional film... so it was possible he could have turned down his optional 4th film, even if very unlikely. As for post Bond 24 films, Craig hasn't signed for them yet.
    If they want Mendes for 24, which was the case during the PC (of course, it can always be just nice talks, but I don't think so) - he might do it, if his exprience was fun. He said so back then and I tnd to believe it. Making a Bond film or ANY film of this size must be fun for a dedicated director.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    So a Bond film is already penned in for 2014.
    Probably / possibly Craigs fourth. Has the news hit DanielCraigIsNotBond yet?

I must say I'm not a fan of the lengthy hiatus we've had between films. This will be a welcome return to the Bond series of old.
    Hate to burst the bubble, but check on the 64th reply in this thread.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/61416-bond-24-confirmed-for-2014/page__st__60
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Hate to burst the bubble, but check on the 64th reply in this thread.

http://debrief.commanderbond.net/topic/61416-bond-24-confirmed-for-2014/page__st__60

Old news, and if you hear/read the interview (collider I believe) they just say they do a film at a time, sony got excited, etc
    Oh. :| At least the option is there should EON be satisfied with the route they're taking with Skyfall.
    They must of always had a plan for the next one in the early years, hence the 'James Bond will Return in GOLDFINGER' or whatever it was going to be after the end credits.

Now, it would be cool if they did that at the end of SKYFALL...

I really miss them naming the next film following the end credits. I'm just nostalgic.

That being said, I just hope they can put out a quality product. It was four years between DAD and CR and that turned out pretty good. However, only two years between CR and QoS and most of Brosnan's films and we all see how that worked out.

I guess filmmaking for large studios is more complex these days than back in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

OHMSS69 wrote:
    They must of always had a plan for the next one in the early years, hence the 'James Bond will Return in GOLDFINGER' or whatever it was going to be after the end credits.

I really miss them naming the next film following the end credits. I'm just nostalgic.

That being said, I just hope they can put out a quality product. It was four years between DAD and CR and that turned out pretty good. However, only two years between CR and QoS and most of Brosnan's films and we all see how that worked out.

I guess filmmaking for large studios is more complex these days than back in the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Ya never know if Logan, Wade, Pervis, the producers and Mandes(?!) find I title they love then we could have it! Also if they have decided to do it round a title like a villan called Risco...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I think the announcing of the title of the next Bond film at the end of the credits is a thing of the past. Announcing the title of a Bond film is a big deal these days and is part of the hype machine that gets people into a frenzy.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,399
    Craig WILL return for Bond 24, as he seems to be enjoying the role and has said "i'll stick around until they get rid of me." ... and unless the quality of the films start nose diving like the Brosnan films did, i would expect him to be around for at least a couple more films...

I am hoping Mendes does return, during the presser before production, he never answered if he would return or not..... but its obvious that EON will extend the offer, they did it with both Campbell and Forster, both turned them down.... I do have a good feeling about this Mendes/Craig combination, and I think if SF turns out to be critical success, then I could see Mendes returning..... not many directors would've sat around and waited like he did when MGM was trying to figure their finances out - even turning down other directing offers due to his involvement with his stage production, but also the new Bond picture...

I would also like to see one of the remaining Fleming titles to be used...

that is all..
    Mendes being the kind of director he is - essentially art-house/stage director - I find it highly unlikely that he would immediately move on to a 2nd Bond movie. Even Martin Cambell, a hack director, did not do this. Mendes will almost certainly want to do something smaller scale and probably on the stage to refresh his palate, before even thinking of doing another Bond.
  • As discussed in many forums my hope is that Christopher Nolan does the next Bond movie. Being that Nolan and Mendes have mutual respect for each other (I think they may even know each other quite well too) I think it would be great to see them alternate the next 3 (after SF) movies so Mendes--->Nolan--->Mendes--->Nolan. This would give both directors time in between Bond's to do other projects and to have a breather. Yet they could collaborate together as well and discuss possible links and story lines between their pictures (Quantum perhaps?). I think this would likely end Craig's tenure as Bond as well and they could go out with quite the bang! The thought of a three picture story arc about Quantum (or perhaps reintroduce Blofeld) would be amazing if they can get a great story and script.

Don't know, just a thought I had the other day that I thought would be cool...
    As discussed in many forums my hope is that Christopher Nolan does the next Bond movie. Being that Nolan and Mendes have mutual respect for each other (I think they may even know each other quite well too) I think it would be great to see them alternate the next 3 (after SF) movies so Mendes--->Nolan--->Mendes--->Nolan. This would give both directors time in between Bond's to do other projects and to have a breather. Yet they could collaborate together as well and discuss possible links and story lines between their pictures (Quantum perhaps?). I think this would likely end Craig's tenure as Bond as well and they could go out with quite the bang! The thought of a three picture story arc about Quantum (or perhaps reintroduce Blofeld) would be amazing if they can get a great story and script.

Don't know, just a thought I had the other day that I thought would be cool...

As much as I agree that Nolan would be a phenomenal choice to do a Bond, I don't think it's very likely that it would happen. If for no better reason because he is too big at this point. He is an auteur, and EON has always strayed away from that. Not to mention that he would be very expensive to bring on. The only way I see that happening is if Nolan agreed to take a massive pay cut and also work within the paramaters of what EON dictates. And for him to do that he would have to be a massive fan. I believe he is from what I've heard him say, but his career is clearly carrying superb momentum right now so he would really need to consider all of this very carefully.

That said, I've always thought that Danny Boyle would be an inspired choice. He's British, edgy, highly-respected and award-friendly, but not as commercial as Nolan.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 3,494
    OHMSS69 wrote:

I also miss knowing what the next title will be, but that was easier said than done when they still had original Fleming titles and material to work with.

I still insist QOS was a good, not great sequel to CR and yet gets hung out to dry with the worst Bond films without consideration to issues beyond it's control, yet still managed to answer the questions coming out of CR. It's a middle of the pack type to be that could have been a top 10 with a few more scenes. DAD had an extra year and no issues and failed miserably in comparison.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I can see how it was easy back in the 60's, as @SirHenryLeeChaChing said, when they knew what Fleming novel they would be going off of. And yes, the big reveal of a title is always intriguing, but it would be nice being able to wait in the theater through the credits (as if we don't already) to see the next title. But, times do change.
    I would love if they could make the game Agent Under Fire into a movie for Bond 24. I thought the plot to that game was fantastic it would defiantly make for an interesting movie.