New York and Paris, under-used Bond locations?

13»

Comments

Both NY and Paris have been overused... in other movies. And there is the question of Bond operating in a very close allied country when it comes to the US, not so easy to bring in the plot. I would rather he go in lesser seen French locations: St-Malo, Marseille, Avignon. I mean yes, there is something about Bond and Paris, but there are other cities in France.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 2,189
    I'm currently in the process of reading the Fleming novels in order. Currently I'm on Diamonds Are Forever, and I honestly am starting to think that the US as a whole is underused as a location in the Bond films, and especially New York. People say that America seems like an unnatural place for Bond and that it's over-used in films already, but people seem to forget how often Bond visits the States in the books, and almost every time he does, he passes through New York. I'm not asking for a huge chunk of time to be dedicated to it, but I think Bond should pass through New York in Bond 24, which would allow an opportunity to showcase the new World Trade Center, and offer a way for Felix Lighter to return and possibly be more integral to the story.
  • Locations I would like to see

Dublin
    Barcelona
    Romania
    Pattaya
    Copenhagen
    Goa
    Ibiza