Post a picture of yourself! :P

Comments

• LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    Cool! Looking proud that it won the The Car chase elimination game!

Its not looking too shabby considering it was in a stock car race.....

:-S
    But we cant see "its big end"!
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Gaze away, @Mathis1.

BOND-IN-MOTION-montage-7.jpg
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ^ Very nice, from OHMSS. :)
    latest?cb=20131124142924
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Foxy.
    Foxy.

Thanks!
    Birdleson wrote: »
    How about Post a Video of Yourself:

This is cool! Good idea you have for your class @Birdleson.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Very cool, @Birdleson. Beyond your interest in cinema, I didn't know you were a man of other arts. As someone of a similar ilk, it's cool to see.

I also love that the video thumbnail is you doing that classic "director" pose. ;)
    I sometimes wish I had a talent like that. I'd also like to see artwork!
    "Talent" is an illusion. It's just training yourself to see. I can teach most anyone, who is receptive to being taught, to paint and draw at a high level. A caveat: It is far easier if one is fairly young, 12 - 15. Older than that and it's much more difficult to approach the concepts with the necessary "buy-in" and belief.

It's probably my perfectionist personality, but I'm rarely totally satisfied with something I do. I always feel like I missed something big or just should have been a lot better in some regard. I have tried my hand at drawing before, and while not bad, I always wish for it to be better!
    @Birdleson, @FoxRox, I have a thread on this forum for some of my art and writing, but haven't really posted much in a long time as I've been working from bound sketchbooks that make it difficult to scan art from and share.

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/3050/0bradym0bondfanatic7-s-art-and-writing-thread#latest

A better place to see everything I've made in the last several years is my DeviantArt page, which again hasn't been updated in a while, but as it is, it's a catalogue of the majority of stuff I've done, and all my digital art.

http://bradymajor.deviantart.com/

Sometime soon I'll have to get some good lighting set up and photograph some pieces from the sketchbooks I've been doing all my most recent stuff in for the last year and a half. I focus more on stylized, comic book like visuals nowadays (something I'd like to pursue), but I also have an equal love for portrait drawing. On DeviantArt I shared some pieces from an old sketchbook I did featuring portrait work about 6-7 years old, but I haven't solely focused on that form of art steadily since because over time I've been writing more and more as well, and try to get practice in on both areas as much as possible. It's time for me to get back into practice with figure drawing, though, especially faces which I enjoy most.
    The secret is to find the enjoyment in process. Don't try to complete it as you go. Looseness, molding, etc...a drawing should be fluid. I care very little about finished product in my own work. The energy and personality is in the making of the line.

And this is why you're a good teacher ;) When I write next time I'm going to try this.
    I appreciate the interest, @Birdleson, and thanks for the comments.
    I started looking. Good stuff! I like the Connery pics!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I believe at one point your thread went from 'Brady's Art and Writing Thread' to 'Brady's Make-Countless-Wallpapers-for-Creasy47 Thread.'
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I believe at one point your thread went from 'Brady's Art and Writing Thread' to 'Brady's Make-Countless-Wallpapers-for-Creasy47 Thread.'

@Creasy47, I'm sure there were many times in the past few years where that would've been a fitting thread title. :)) There were times a few years back where I'd just get into the zone experimenting with digital art and make all kinds of things for anyone requesting stuff. I still look on those Munich pieces fondly, and still like the idea I had of using the stars of David to make up the classic Olympic circles to connect the tragedy depicted in the movie to the faith of the main characters.

I remember the night I quite insufferably kept sharing with you in private chat little MI6 profile icons I made, all with Brosnan pictures in the center oval. I must've made well over two dozen of those damned things.

Past Brady is amusing Brady. I'll stumble on some of my old posts on here at times and think, "You've come so far, you've come so far." ;)
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I still activate those wallpapers every now and then, they were fantastic. Speaking of! Time to sift through them and select one to use.
    Happy to hear that, @Creasy47. I'm always open to requests, if you'd like me to make any more wallpapers or the like. I need an excuse to get back into digital art, anyway.
    Happy to hear that, @Creasy47. I'm always open to requests, if you'd like me to make any more wallpapers or the like. I need an excuse to get back into digital art, anyway.

By all means, if you ever have a day where you'd feel like getting back into it, let me know and I'd gladly send some film wallpaper requests your way.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    @Birdleson the video has been removed?

@OBrady well you're very talen... eh... skilled in this. Very nice work indeed!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Thanks! very cool video! reminds me of my own art classes back in the day. Loved going outside and be inspired by the environment.
    Nice to hear the voice of @Birdleson. :)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He doesn t seem so scary now.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited October 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Wow great Photos,what a Birthday treat for you....well done pal !!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Great pictures, Jason! That last one always makes me feel a little melancholy.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Bond nerd!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Bond nerd!
    Certainly not a bad nerd to be.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Bond nerd!
    Certainly not a bad nerd to be.

Aren't we all on here?!