Bond Action Sequence wish..

Comments

damn! if that's a spoiler, I'm not touching it!
    MikeBravo wrote:

Haha if you've seen any of the pictures of the manor the production crew built, I'm sure it won't be anything new to you.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    MikeBravo wrote:

Haha if you've seen any of the pictures of the manor the production crew built, I'm sure it won't be anything new to you.

STOP TELLING ME! I HAVEN'T!!

8-X
    I want something to read, come on people!
    I would love to see Bond chasing an enemy through the streets of London on foot then both highjacking the famous black taxi's and Bond having to not only deal with the enemy but also a bunch of over-excited japanese tourists in the back of the cab, the endless traffic jams and not having enough money to pay the congestion charge. The taxi then breaks down and Bond manages to hitch a tandem bike ride with Boris Johnson aka Sheriff J.W. Pepper style and they manage to catch the enemy with the help of a couple of school girls, a street mime artist and a old man selling the big issue.
    I would love to see Bond chasing an enemy through the streets of London on foot then both highjacking the famous black taxi's and Bond having to not only deal with the enemy but also a bunch of over-excited japanese tourists in the back of the cab, the endless traffic jams and not having enough money to pay the congestion charge. The taxi then breaks down and Bond manages to hitch a tandem bike ride with Boris Johnson aka Sheriff J.W. Pepper style and they manage to catch the enemy with the help of a couple of school girls, a street mime artist and a old man selling the big issue.

The inclusion of Boris Johnson is a stroke of genius!
    ^I would set the theater on fire if any of that ever happened. :)
    I'd like to see a classic Bond plus allies v villain and henchmen battle in the alhambara in Granada or some other beautiful old palace/city.
  • I think a cool action set piece would be Bond being pursued by the bad guys into a very large maze. It could be both thrilling and suspenseful. Obviously there would have to be some action taking place inside the maze like a fist fight or a shootout..!
    I think a cool action set piece would be Bond being pursued by the bad guys into a very large maze. It could be both thrilling and suspenseful. Obviously there would have to be some action taking place inside the maze like a fist fight or a shootout..!

Zni
    I think a cool action set piece would be Bond being pursued by the bad guys into a very large maze. It could be both thrilling and suspenseful. Obviously there would have to be some action taking place inside the maze like a fist fight or a shootout..!

Nice idea. Bit like the PTS of FRWL but extended?
  • Getafix wrote:

Zni

Nice idea. Bit like the PTS of FRWL but extended?

You are right about the PTS of FRWL. I never thought of that...!...

• edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I'd like to see sort of a chase in somewhere like a jungle or a forest, and Bond is running without a gun while the enemy chase him with a big attack helicopter. It could start of with a guy in the helicopter taking potshots at Bond with a sniper rifle, then Bond dodges and hides. Then the helicopter starts blasting 50 cal machine guns all over and Bond has to think of some inventive way of taking out the helicopter while the ground around him is torn up.
    I'd like to see a chase through the streets of a historic town with a festival or event on. Shame the Sienna chase in QoS didn't include more crowd scenes.
    Getafix wrote:
    I'd like to see a chase through the streets of a historic town with a festival or event on.

If they do set a Bond film in Ireland some day (which I hope they do), they should include a scene like this at the Dublin St Paddy's day parade.
  • I'd like to see sort of a chase in somewhere like a jungle or a forest, and Bond is running without a gun while the enemy chase him with a big attack helicopter. It could start of with a guy in the helicopter taking potshots at Bond with a sniper rifle, then Bond dodges and hides. Then the helicopter starts blasting 50 cal machine guns all over and Bond has to think of some inventive way of taking out the helicopter while the ground around him is torn up.

Reminded me of Octopussy a bit.

Some scenes that I thought of (though none are better than the ones I have read)

* A crawling/fighting battle/race through the Vietcong tunnels of Vietnam

* Similar to the terrific maze idea people have espoused but a cat and mouse hunt in the British Library through the bookshelves.

* Linked to the British agent of Quantum, if a villain was found out to be a leading British politician, what if the finale occurred within the Houses of Parliament, a chase up Big Ben and that.

Poor ideas
    ^ You understand that Vietnamese people don't still operate with tunnels, right?

The Big Ben thing feels a little too rip-offy, but if done properly it could be interesting.
    I don't think the British Government would even allow such a thing ?

Haven't they got a big new arena for the Olympics this year, there's scope there for an action sequence, I think they'd have more chance of filming there than Parliament Houses etc. Or if not that then why not London Zoo or Regents Park even, all sounds a bit far fetched maybe but I was thinking..
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    ^ You understand that Vietnamese people don't still operate with tunnels, right?

The Big Ben thing feels a little too rip-offy, but if done properly it could be interesting.

A bit insulting in all fairness...no imagination. Just because Vietnamese people don't operate in tunnels, don't mean SOMEONE can't? Imagination is a wonderful thing if you let your mind run and not be so rude.

JWESTBROOK wrote:

A bit insulting in all fairness...no imagination. Just because Vietnamese people don't operate in tunnels, don't mean SOMEONE can't? Imagination is a wonderful thing if you let your mind run and not be so rude.

Your false generalization of the Vietnamese was far more rude than anything I could have responded with. Its lack of imagination that leads to people thinking foreign countries still operate the way they did forty years ago.
  • JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Your false generalization of the Vietnamese was far more rude than anything I could have responded with. Its lack of imagination that leads to people thinking foreign countries still operate the way they did forty years ago.

Who said that the Vietnamese were the villains? Who mentioned Vietnamese people? Just because it's set in Vietnam doesn't mean it had to involve Vietnamese people. It's just a location that happens to be in Vietnam...anything wrong with that? It's about being non-political.

You assumed and you were wrong. And your rudeness and attitude is appalling. Looking for an argument and your smugness and political correctness attack is a shame. Oh well, move on
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Who said that the Vietnamese were the villains? Who mentioned Vietnamese people? Just because it's set in Vietnam doesn't mean it had to involve Vietnamese people. It's just a location that happens to be in Vietnam...anything wrong with that? It's about being non-political.

You assumed and you were wrong. And your rudeness and attitude is appalling. Looking for an argument and your smugness and political correctness attack is a shame. Oh well, move on

What the hell is wrong with you? I never said anything about a villain? Did you fail to read, or did you just come to false conclusions through your blind and immature anger?

I'm sorry I 'assumed' you would use Vietnamese people in a film located in Vietnam.. where did I get such a crazy idea. Your lack of common intelligence is startling...

I didn't make it political, I'm just trying to prevent someone from feeling hurt by you saying that - because it's Vietnam - there will be tunnels for Bond to go through.
    You didn't have to make it Vietnam, the villain - who isn't Vietnamese apparently even though I never made any such claim - could have easily developed a tunnel system.

Calm the hell down. You were harshly stereotyping a society based on their past, and I called you out. All I wish for is people to be more mindful of the crap they spit out sometimes. Its makes the world, and more specifically this forum, and easier place to navigate.
    *cough*Sounds like Rambo 2.
    Anyhow back on topic..i would like to see Bond use a sniper to dispatch numerous enemies then maybe have a tense sniper v sniper duel.
    karl007 wrote:
    *cough*Sounds like Rambo 2.
    Anyhow back on topic..i would like to see Bond use a sniper to dispatch numerous enemies then maybe have a tense sniper v sniper duel.

That would indeed be cool. Very fitting for a PTS perhaps?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,894
    The Sniper vs Sniper idea has allready been used, but not in Bond.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108171/

It's a good film, slow when compared to the likes of Rambo, but tense all the same.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 5,745

It's a good film, slow when compared to the likes of Rambo, but tense all the same.

It couldn't hurt for an opening, though!

And just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if the villain somehow forced Bond to work for him. Maybe threaten to level the city or something, so Bond is in a rush throughout the film (maybe a countdown?) to not only do what the villain wants, but somehow find a way to undermine him and defeat him.

Some sort of 'race' would be cool to. Like Bond and the villain are racing towards the same objective. Bond has to take out the obstacles the villain throws at him. Maybe a rival spy?
    I have another idea.

We all love our classic skydiving sequences.

So for a PTS, Bond and Felix are in a private aircraft undercover working a deal with a baddie. Once they get into the air, the baddie reveals that he knows they're agents, and he shoots the pilot and dives out with a parachute, with the information Felix and Bond were selling.

Thinking quickly, Bond lurches up, shoots the other henchmen that is left behind and as he runs out to jump out of the plane, he shouts "FELIX" and Felix shouts back "YEP" and Bond jumps.

We quickly see Felix scramble to find a parachute.

Cut back to Bond. He narrows his body to speed up his fall, and flips around kicking the henchmen. The two fly apart, but Bond twists around and flies in for anther strike. The two exchange punches, and the villain pushes Bond away.

Before Bond can get get control of his fall, the henchmen slams into him and wraps a cord around his neck. After struggling shortly, Bond flattens his body, slamming backwards into the villain knocking his grip loose.

Bond turns and flies towards the baddie one last time, hits him hard across the face, and grabs the bag with the sold information. The villain grabs onto Bond, and thinking quickly, Bond pulls the baddies shoot, ripping him away.

Bond now free falls, and quickly wraps the bag around him. Frantic, he flips himself over looking for Felix. Just as he turns around, Felix slams into Bond, bear hugging him. After Bond gets a grip, Felix pulls the shoot.

Camera angle as the shoot canopy opens into the title sequence.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I have another idea.

We all love our classic skydiving sequences.

So for a PTS, Bond and Felix are in a private aircraft undercover working a deal with a baddie. Once they get into the air, the baddie reveals that he knows they're agents, and he shoots the pilot and dives out with a parachute, with the information Felix and Bond were selling.

Thinking quickly, Bond lurches up, shoots the other henchmen that is left behind and as he runs out to jump out of the plane, he shouts "FELIX" and Felix shouts back "YEP" and Bond jumps.

We quickly see Felix scramble to find a parachute.

Cut back to Bond. He narrows his body to speed up his fall, and flips around kicking the henchmen. The two fly apart, but Bond twists around and flies in for anther strike. The two exchange punches, and the villain pushes Bond away.

Before Bond can get get control of his fall, the henchmen slams into him and wraps a cord around his neck. After struggling shortly, Bond flattens his body, slamming backwards into the villain knocking his grip loose.

Bond turns and flies towards the baddie one last time, hits him hard across the face, and grabs the bag with the sold information. The villain grabs onto Bond, and thinking quickly, Bond pulls the baddies shoot, ripping him away.

Bond now free falls, and quickly wraps the bag around him. Frantic, he flips himself over looking for Felix. Just as he turns around, Felix slams into Bond, bear hugging him. After Bond gets a grip, Felix pulls the shoot.

Camera angle as the shoot canopy opens into the title sequence.

Terrific for a PTS. Reminded me of the scene from Arnold's movie Eraser, but is totally apt for Bond.

I actually have another idea in mind, will post when it's kinda cool enough. Thanks for keeping the thread alive!
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

It couldn't hurt for an opening, though!

And just thinking, wouldn't it be cool if the villain somehow forced Bond to work for him. Maybe threaten to level the city or something, so Bond is in a rush throughout the film (maybe a countdown?) to not only do what the villain wants, but somehow find a way to undermine him and defeat him.
    Some sort of 'race' would be cool to. Like Bond and the villain are racing towards the same objective. Bond has to take out the obstacles the villain throws at him. Maybe a rival spy?

The idea of Bond working for the villian reminds me of this book I read. An SAS soldier's son was kidnapped by the IRA and they tried to force him to assassinate the Prime Minister of the UK.

The countdown idea also reminds a bit of Die Hard 3, when the baddy forces Mcclane and Zeus to race to all the bombs.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 12,837
    Bond is on some tropical island and he needs to get into the villains base which is unreachable by land. But there are some abandoned flooded mineshafts which Bond thinks could provide him with a way in. So he goes out to the sea and scuba dives, eventually getting into the mineshafts, but there's a shark in there. So he has to try and avoid the shark while he tries to swim up the mineshafts. When he's nearly there, lets say the shark attacks him and he manages to fight it off, but this causes the mineshaft to start collapsing, and his oxygen tank gets damaged in the fight with the shark. So he has to quickly swim up, with no scuba gear, before it caves in.

Bond is at a UFC event (you could even get real fighters, getting Cain Velasquez for example, the heavyweight champ, to cameo and have a short fight scene with Bond would be great and it'd be good publicity) stealing something or confronting someone or something but gets caught and during his escape ends up being forced to climb up into the rafters. Something breaks, maybe he gets shot at, idk, but somehow he falls into the Octagon, disrupting a fight and pissing off the participants. Things kick off and there's a short but brutal fight scene where he manages to put up a good fight against both competitors but he sees security and henchmen heading through the crowd towards him so he quickly scales the cage and legs it.

For a PTS: Bond is investigating a car manufacturer (in reality a front for something, maybe the villain is a SPECTRE agent?) based in some snowy mountains in a Mclaren centre esque compound. He's undercover and has a TWINE bankers office esque meeting with the man in charge, but his cover is blown. He quickly takes out the body guards and interrogates the man but he reveals a hidden knife and after a short, brutal fight Bond is forced to use his tie to choke the guy out. Bond then casually heads out the room, putting his tie back on and snapping off the door handle as he does, and calmly walking past and smiling at a secretary who's going towards the office. He walks downstairs as guards walk past him, also heading towards the office. Bond almost gets out of the room but as he's leaving through the front door he hears a scream and guards in the lobby are suddenly alert, the guards from the office are yelling at them through the radio. Bond sees them drawing their weapons but he quickly draws his and starts running and shooting, the glass walls of the lobby get smashed by gunfire. He steals a ridiculously fast prototype concept car and crashes out through the lobby but he's chased down the road, eventually crashing out and driving down a mountain slope to escape. Eventually Bond gets rid of the henchmen chasing him and cruises into a small Austrian village. We could get something similar to the OP "fill her up please" moment with Bond driving the wrecked bullet ridden supercar to a petrol station or something, I dunno.

Stealing from Fast and Furious 7 here, and this is probably much too OTT for the Craig era, but Bond is given a car by Q with a built in parachute. Bond is sent on a mission to assassinate a target, a dictator or something, he investigates a bit, probably bangs a girl, etc, and eventually he decides to put a plan into action. He has to leave the country as soon as he kills the guy so he gets his contact to arrange a pickup at an airfield. He breaks into somewhere and we get a cool stealth sequence but once Bond has the dictator, an alarm goes off. There's a big gunfight and Bond is hit, but he throws himself out of a window and falls onto a moving truck, he jumps off the truck over a fence and runs to his car which is parked near by. Bond drives off in his car, we get a car chase, but Bond escapes by reaching the airfield and driving the car into the back of a waiting cargo plane (the pickup he arranged earlier). We get an interlude from the action, Bond begins to relax, talks to M on the phone or something, and some time passes (maybe Bond falls asleep but then is woken up by what happens next), then the plane is attacked by fighter jets. A massive hole is blown in the side of the plane and Bond is sent flying out. He's free falling with wreckage crashing down beside him, but then he spots his car. He streamlines and races up to it, climbs in and then, at the last minute, deploys the parachute.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Bring back sharks!!!