Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig (poll added)

Comments

• Craig, although I only like his two first movies.
    Nothing to deal with. Brozza is now history, no longer an issue to worry about. As far as I'm concerned, he isn't even part of the franchise. I completely disregard any of the 4 movies he was in as official Bond films. They are outcasts, the same as NSNA and CR 1967.

The series ends after LTK then starts again with CR as far as I'm concerned.

Wait, but you said he was in the worst Bond films ever? If they're not part of the franchise/series, then how can they be the worst ones? ;)

I know, my mistake. Apologies for that......
    ;)
  • Craig, although I only like his two first movies.

Well, nobody's perfect.

Brosnan had some good fights. The one against Alec his best one. Brosnan had a natural charisma like Connery had and they both seemed really cool.
    Craig also has the Connery swagger walk.

Does he? If he does I've never noticed.
    Anyone who thinks Brozza is better than Craig doesn't deserve to call themselves a Bond fan......

Don't be a knob.

My, my...we are touchy.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 11,189
    One thing I do like about Brosnan are his stern expressions. They seemed genuinely quite cool to me 8->

Having said that SF is better than ALL of Brosnan's films (and Dalton's for that matter...and Moore's too).
    Whereas Craig has had the fortune to appear in 3 of the very best films in the entire franchise.

Fixed. :)
    I'm ok with that Jim. I think there are better films that QoS, but I don't have too many issues with your correction.

• Whereas Craig has had the fortune to appear in 3 of the very best films in the entire franchise.

Fixed. :)
    I'm ok with that Jim. I think there are better films that QoS, but I don't have too many issues with your correction.
    As Mr. Spock said once, "That is wise." ;)

• Still, I have some issues with Craig (or maybe rather the people who wrote the script), as when Bond says in CR (when asked if he wants his Vodka Martini shaken or stirred): "Does it look like I give a damn?". What sort of reply is THIS?? For James Bond it definitely matters! I mean this is the man who knows the difference between a Bolinger 1952 and 1954!
    C. Brosnan is a pretty-boy GQ model who looks far more comfortable advertising men's moisturiser

:-))

I can never hate Brozzer because there is something faintly posey and ridiculous about him. He reminds me of Bob Downes - he always has a perfect wave. The hair always looks gorgeous. He does remind me of a shampoo commercial.

He was in some rubbish Bond films but it was like a catalogue model ambling around. Theres something about Brozzer that makes me want to take the piss (and I haven't even got to his hairy back)
    Still, I have some issues with Craig (or maybe rather the people who wrote the script), as when Bond says in CR (when asked if he wants his Vodka Martini shaken or stirred): "Does it look like I give a damn?". What sort of reply is THIS?? For James Bond it definitely matters! I mean this is the man who knows the difference between a Bolinger 1952 and 1954!
    It was more to do with being caught up in the moment, to show Bond is human and does have mood swings too. Having just lost the card game, it would be unrealistic if he did give a damn about his drink being shaken or stirred.

I thought this was one of the great lines in CR.

Still, I have some issues with Craig (or maybe rather the people who wrote the script), as when Bond says in CR (when asked if he wants his Vodka Martini shaken or stirred): "Does it look like I give a damn?". What sort of reply is THIS?? For James Bond it definitely matters! I mean this is the man who knows the difference between a Bolinger 1952 and 1954!
    It was more to do with being caught up in the moment, to show Bond is human and does have mood swings too. Having just lost the card game, it would be unrealistic if he did give a damn about his drink being shaken or stirred.

I thought this was one of the great lines in CR.

I liked it too. It got a laugh in the cinema I attended.

Part of me isn't sure the original Bond would have said "what makes you think this is my first time" either...but it worked in SF.
    actonsteve wrote:
    C. Brosnan is a pretty-boy GQ model who looks far more comfortable advertising men's moisturiser

I can never hate Brozzer because there is something faintly posey and ridiculous about him. He reminds me of Bob Downes - he always has a perfect wave. The hair always looks gorgeous. He does remind me of a shampoo commercial.

He was in some rubbish Bond films but it was like a catalogue model ambling around. Theres something about Brozzer that makes me want to take the piss (and I haven't even got to his hairy back)

I don't hate old Brozza really either. I actually really like him in his movies outside of Bond, and always thought he came across well on interviews.
  • Still, I have some issues with Craig (or maybe rather the people who wrote the script), as when Bond says in CR (when asked if he wants his Vodka Martini shaken or stirred): "Does it look like I give a damn?". What sort of reply is THIS?? For James Bond it definitely matters! I mean this is the man who knows the difference between a Bolinger 1952 and 1954!
    Well, it was absolutely something Fleming's Bond might say in such a moment. That's why I very much enjoyed it -- and it seemed to resonate with a lot of other people who watched the movie. It was one of those moments where the character was being presented as something other than a caricature of itself.

• edited November 2012 Posts: 11,189
    actonsteve wrote:

I don't hate old Brozza really either. I actually really like him in his movies outside of Bond, and always thought he came across well on interviews.

Brozza can be really funny in some interviews. I LOVE the moment he pisses himself about the windsurfing scene in DAD during the EoN doc. Whenever I think about that when out in public I can't help but start smirking and people have looked at me oddly - seriously!
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 82
    Well, the Bond of Connery and Moore would never say such a thing. I dont think one should change the character too much. What is the next? Will Bond become a feminist??? Bond is supposed to be in control of any situation.
    If its any interest my mum votes for Brosnan. She thinks Craig looks too much like Jeremy Kyle :))
  • Well, the Bond of Connery and Moore would never say such a thing. I dont think one should change the character too much. What is the next? Will Bond become a feminist??? Bond is supposed to be in control of any situation.
    Bond the Hollywood superhero might; Fleming's Bond was far from the character you are describing (and, as a result, much more interesting, I find).

• JamesBond wrote:
    Each to his own, then. I'm tired of convincing people that Daniel Craig is in the wrong franchise and role.
    I suggest you forget trying to convince people and go and find another franchise to follow. Clearly Bond is not the right one for you.

Anyone who thinks Brozza is better than Craig doesn't deserve to call themselves a Bond fan......

;))

Here we go again, the old jetsetwilly. Whoever like Craig doesn't deserve to call himself a Bond fan, ok?
    JamesBond wrote:
    JamesBond wrote:
    Each to his own, then. I'm tired of convincing people that Daniel Craig is in the wrong franchise and role.
    I suggest you forget trying to convince people and go and find another franchise to follow. Clearly Bond is not the right one for you.

;))

Here we go again, the old jetsetwilly. Whoever like Craig doesn't deserve to call himself a Bond fan, ok?

Touche!! :!!

Have we met before....?
  • You know, I encounter people like you on every single forum. They are called trolls, they think that because they think something "ix roxorz", that anyone who doesn't agree with them isn't a true fan and doesn't deserve to be on the site, that is is total utter BS. Craig is a vastly inferior bond, he is emotional, unprofessional, and insubordinent in the extreme, he doesn't even act like an Englishman, that might be correct to Fleming's bond, but its a total insult the bond Terence Young created, who, in my opinion, is the true Bond. Fleming's Bond was an inferior little wimp who had no right to be in the British secret service, the Bond Terence young created is a true man of action, and that is why I find Brosnan better than Craig. As Brosnan does the best portrayal of Terence Young's Bond, the Bond you'd most likely find from a special forces background, since Sean Connery, Craig only does a hollywoodized version of Fleming's bond, a man who wouldn't even make it as far as special forces, because due to his total inability to follow orders, he'd have been kicked out the army at the square-bashing stage.

and yes, we have met before, as i am a double team of Pierce James Bond and codename: cobra.
    JamesBond wrote:
    You know, I encounter people like you on every single forum. They are called trolls, they think that because they think something "ix roxorz", that anyone who doesn't agree with them isn't a true fan and doesn't deserve to be on the site, that is is total utter BS.
    and yes, we have met before, as i am a double team of Pierce James Bond and codename: cobra.
    Oh yes, I remember you. And you have the nerve to call me a Troll...? :))
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 1,492
    JamesBond wrote:
    If that might be correct to Fleming's bond, but its a total insult the bond Terence Young created, who, in my opinion, is the true Bond. ra.

Terence Young created the cliche, the caricature.Bond as a cartoon character and a succession of tickboxes.

Fleming created the man not the cartoon.

actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    If that might be correct to Fleming's bond, but its a total insult the bond Terence Young created, who, in my opinion, is the true Bond. ra.

Terence Young created the cliche, the caricature.Bond as a cartoon character and a succession of tickboxes.

I didn't say that :(
    BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

I have got you on the brain.How did that happen.Will amend.

BAIN123 wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:

No person in their right mind would say that..... ;)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Anyone who cannot find at least ONE great thing about any of the actors to play Bond has no business calling him or herself a Bond fan!
    :P
    chrisisall wrote:
    Anyone who cannot find at least ONE great thing about any of the actors to play Bond has no business calling him or herself a Bond fan!
    Touche!!

L-)
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    chrisisall wrote:

Connery was great, the most iconic and he defined the character.

Lazenby was a badass and did really well replacing Connery, especially since he wasn't an actor at the time.

Moore was always funny and his films were entertaining.

Dalton was pure brilliance.

Brosnan was the definition of cool.

Craig is badass, maybe the toughest Bond yet.

There you go :)
    actonsteve wrote:

I've read some of the books and I think it's cool when they get closer to them in the films but I prefer film Bond. Yeah he's more of a superman but he's more entertaining. Saying that though, I think the films are best when they get a nice mix of both.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 669
    Fleming's Bond was NOT a man. Had a true man, such as Patrick Dalziel Job, encountered Fleming's Bond, he'd have smacked him across the face for being "a damn sissy waste of blood and organs". Fleming's Bond shows Fear, He Cries. He refuses to kill, he has empathy, none of these are the behavior of a man. Well, not a true man anyway, they are the behavior of a man-child. Something no agent of the British Secret service, even now, let alone the hard, post ww2 years of the 1950s when the novels were wrote, would ever be, unless he was some damn desk-jokey. Terence Young's Bond may have been a cliche, but he was not a cartoon, not a checkbox. It was Guy Hamilton , the director of Goldfinger who turned bond into a cartoon
    the Bond young created was a MAN. Agressive, fearless, and with no time for sissy emotions like tears. A man even dlaziel job probably would have described as "properly hard". Brosnan's Bond lived by those rules. I never so him get scared nor did i ever see tears. I saw him slap a girl for crying on him. 100% man. Hard as iron, fearless, aggressive. just like the commandos in 30AU who inspired the action side of the Bond persona. If there was a 00 division with the licence to kill. It would be a man like Brosnan's Bond you would find in it. Hard. No Empathy. Emotionless.a PROFESSIONAL. I don't know were people get this idea of him being a tough badass from either.
    they must be deranged, tough bad-asses to not cry women and children cry.
    and promptly get smacked for there sickening, unenglish behavior and get told "grow up and don't be so pathetic" , Craig's Bond cries, so to me, he is a sickening little wimp
    a member of the typing pool. As he is unfit to call himself a Man in the same way Fleming's bond, to me, was unfit to call himself a man. Sean and Pierce played Bond as a cold blooded, emotionless, hard line Professional. A true man. And what a 00 agent, a man who is forced to kill, often brutally, civilians, in the name of king and country, should be like, a cold, emotionless, calculating, empathy bereft, stone. cold. Killer.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    A good way to reply here escapes me. @-)