The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

Birdleson wrote: »
    You're right, it would have. Though personally I think that QUANTUM OF SOLACE is a better fit for the film as a whole.

Agreed. Property of a Lady will come eventually! It'll be sad though when they run out of the original titles to use.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Doesn't M say 'Ah yes, November 64, the bullion job' to Draco at the end of OHMSS?

He does.
  • Totally agree. The Property of a Lady is an elegant title and would have been a nicer fit then QOS. The problem I have with QOS as a title is the film’s lack of attempt to explain it. It’s such a clunky and convoluted title that requires explanation. There should have been a eureka moment for the audience when they understood what the title refers to. Instead you’re as baffled by the end as you were going in. A better title would have just been “Solace” – apparently this was the name of Amy Winehouse’s original song.

In terms of time-periods. Most Bond film take place over the space of a few days or no more than a week. The only exemptions are surely OHMSS, GE, DAD and CR.

The question I have….which Bond film takes place over the shortest period of time?
    SF also takes place over a longer period. As for shortest, I don t know. Could it be LALD or TSWLM?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Shortest is most likely TND - the minister of defense tells M that she has 48 hours to investigate, so the film (post PTS) takes place over a 2 day period.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I know. Only four left.

You never know. They might start using some of the fine the Fleming chapter titles instead?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    ggl007 wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Also the calendar on the wall of Draco's office ,when Bond throws the knife at it.

And it's September (or Setembro) http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/1774/1737/1600/cap0006.11.jpg

That screws up the whole entire timeline, then, unless we are to believe that Bond never saw Tracy for three months after he made a deal with Draco.

I don't know. He is invited to Draco's birthday the following week. They start the whole romance thing going during the song. Bond is wearing three different outfits so we could say this takes place over a few weeks.

Then Bond has to do all of his background stuff - Gumbold's office, visiting M and Hilary Bray.

Seriously I need to get a life.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    I just have know that The Tears of Allah is a ship and you can visit it... underwater!

http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/4-famous-historical-shipwrecks-in-the-bahamas-2/

So, my question is: Was the ship called that way before the film? Was this ship the one that is seen in TB?? If not, which was that?
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    ggl007 wrote: »
    I just have know that The Tears of Allah is a ship and you can visit it... underwater!

http://www.nassauparadiseisland.com/4-famous-historical-shipwrecks-in-the-bahamas-2/

So, my question is: Was the ship called that way before the film? Was this ship the one that is seen in TB?? If not, which was that?

Interesting find there, @ggl007! I see that the shipwreck has been used in filming before...
  • GumboldGumbold Atlantis
    I just watched Diamonds Are Forever, and in my version Tiffany Case says "Keep leanin' on that tooter Charlie, and you're gonna get a shot in the mouth" but now that I'm listening to the James Bonding episode for Diamonds Are Forever, they quoted it as "Keep leanin' on that tooter Charlie, and I'll give you something to honk about". What line do you guys have?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Didn't realize there was an alternate lime to begin with.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Damn autocorrect.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Shot in the mouth for me too.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    It's "shot in the mouth" here as well.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Shot in the mouth on my end.
    Shot in the mouth,here too.
    edited December 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Shot in the mouth for me too.

Sorry to hear that.
    It's "shot in the mouth" here as well.

God! The same perpetrator?
    Murdock wrote: »
    Shot in the mouth on my end.
    Wow, I am getting worried now. You need dentist work?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Shot in the mouth,here too.
    I hope they catch the guy real soon.

Oh mine was a vodka shot,so im quite satisfied ;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Dr Thunderfinger is on the case.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Mine was a shot of tequila, straight up. Or was that down? I'm a little confused. :D
    Well we wouldn't want that now would we....hic
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    So what happens to Carter in CR? He falls in the pit, fires a shot...he's quite clearly useless - so he can't be a 00 - but he doesn't catch up with Bond or even attempt to? Thought he might have noticed the bulldozer through a building site next door, gas explosions, gun fire or two dudes fighting on a crane. Come on carter! Could have really used your help at the embassy there.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Carter was utterly, utterly useless. Bond had the whole operation under control until he got involved. I kind of hope Carter is 009 in SP that Bond keeps messing with, just to know he finally got his payback after all these years.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Carter would have fit well with the other two foolish 00s in The Living Daylights.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    In the video game adaptation of Quantum of Solace during the flashbacks, Carter aids Bond in his fight against Mollaka's men.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    It's staggering to me that in all the history of the Bond films with the mere exceptions of them either dying for plot reasons or being a one-time villain in Alec's case, the other 00s Bond works with are never featured. I'd kill to see a film where Bond and the whole 00 team have to work together on one operation TB-style, but where we actually see them interact on screen to face the threats this time so we get to know them, ending the picture with a finale where Bond and them suit up to storm a lair. This would be my ending of choice for a Bond 25 with Craig, where Blofeld has secured himself away on a high mountain the 00s have to storm and clean out off the books.

Or do a story of Blofeld infiltrating MI6 and have the agents Bond has worked with during the entire film turn on him and try to kill M as a subplot. It'd be the perfect opportunity for EON to cast amazing high-profile talents for the agent roles who have missed out on being Bond in their own day, like Clive Owen, Idris Elba and the like.
    It's staggering to me that in all the history of the Bond films with the mere exceptions of them either dying for plot reasons or being a one-time villain in Alec's case, the other 00s Bond works with are never featured. I'd kill to see a film where Bond and the whole 00 team have to work together on one operation TB-style, but where we actually see them interact on screen to face the threats this time so we get to know them, ending the picture with a finale where Bond and them suit up to storm a lair. This would be my ending of choice for a Bond 25 with Craig, where Blofeld has secured himself away on a high mountain the 00s have to storm and clean out off the books.

Or do a story of Blofeld infiltrating MI6 and have the agents Bond has worked with during the entire film turn on him and try to kill M as a subplot. It'd be the perfect opportunity for EON to cast amazing high-profile talents for the agent roles who have missed out on being Bond in their own day, like Clive Owen, Idris Elba and the like.

Terrible idea.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    As a teenager, I always wanted Bond to actually avenge the death of Vesper by decapitating the serpent behind the scheme, but as the years progressed, I got over it and understood QoS's ending.

My point is that... Revenge stories are overdone in media, these days, and the stories should subvert from that kind of narratives.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    So what happens to Carter in CR? He falls in the pit, fires a shot...he's quite clearly useless - so he can't be a 00 - but he doesn't catch up with Bond or even attempt to? Thought he might have noticed the bulldozer through a building site next door, gas explosions, gun fire or two dudes fighting on a crane. Come on carter! Could have really used your help at the embassy there.

I always thought that he was killed by the snake.
    My thinking is that he just lost sight and contact with Bond with all the pandemonium going on around him..not a lot he could do then,Bond was moving too fast,and was gone in a flash.