The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited November 2016 Posts: 10,588
    I didn't think so, but I've heard people assume that she was alluding to her own funeral, should anything had happened to her. I do rather enjoy the attention to detail put forth in that archival footage, dressing it up to make it seem like she recorded it directly after viewing Silva's video exposing the first five agents. It's a cool bit of trivia.
    Okay I swear I saw a thread on this but how many lost Bond films are there?
    I could've sworn there were lost Bond films that had a title and a script/plot?
    Maybe for Dalton/Brosnan? Or Connery? Can't remember..

You should try here : after the menu on left about the deleted scene, there are a section "Les scripts disparus" (the lost scripts), (whose, btw incluse Ben Hetch effort) : http://www.commander007.net/orbis/deleted-scenes-english-version/

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    jake24 wrote: »
    This might be a stupid question. In Spectre, Judi's M tells Bond not to 'miss the funeral' in her video message. Is she referring to her own funeral or that of Sciarra's?

It's always been Sciarra's. No question.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So, I'm not crazy then.
    No, you're a visionary.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That is false logic. You can still be crazy.
    No, you're a visionary.

I knew it!
    Which is why our lunatic asylums are full of them.
    Please Clark, we call them psychiatric wards now.
    *Sigh* Political correctness took over. :>
    It's the worst. Bond is not allowed to smoke anymore, as he is looked up to by young children as a "hero".
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    It's the worst. Bond is not allowed to smoke anymore, as he is looked up to buy young children as a "hero".

He always was and it was never a problem before.
    But, it's okay for young children to bed various women on daily basis and gamble. =))
    *by. I hate autocorrect.
    *by. I hate autocorrect.

Yes, it is the bane of modern life and communications!
    The next Bond villain, maybe?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The next Bond villain, maybe?
    Forces his woman to flog herself with The Autocorrector.
    Get ahold of the EON Press Office. Now they can start developing the f-ing film already. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    But, it's okay for young children to bed various women on daily basis and gamble. =))

(Possible) Unprotected sex is nothing. Think of your lungs!

What about the liver? With all that drinking of alcohol? ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

No damage to the liver in Bond films. To quote Lois Maxwell, "The champagne was always ginger ale. The whisky was watered-down coffee. And the Martinis were pure water, neither shaken nor stirred."

Movie magic!
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,809

No damage to the liver in Bond films. To quote Lois Maxwell, "The champagne was always ginger ale. The whisky was watered-down coffee. And the Martinis were pure water, neither shaken nor stirred."

Movie magic!

It's all part of the perks of the film-star lifestyle. ;)
    I know this has been resolved already, but what exactly happened with that abysmal "James Bond: The Musical" idea? Why would Hilary Saltzman announce it, only for EON to issue a statement claiming to have never heard of it?
    To keep the franchise popularity going, I guess? Publicity stunt?
    edited November 2016 Posts: 17,809
    I know this has been resolved already, but what exactly happened with that abysmal "James Bond: The Musical" idea? Why would Hilary Saltzman announce it, only for EON to issue a statement claiming to have never heard of it?

The Saltzmans trying to reassert themselves with a fresh claim on James Bond? I'm very relieved that this never came to pass though as I generally hate musicals and it sounded like a very naff idea to me.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Dragonpol wrote: »

The Saltzmans trying to reassert themselves with a fresh claim on James Bond? I'm very relieved that this never came to pass though as I generally hate musicals and it sounded like a very naff idea to me.

Merry Saltzman claimed to have secured the rights to bring 007's exploits to Broadway to Las Vegas, with the opening tentatively scheduled for late 2017 also allege will have an accompanying book penned by Dave Clark and soundtrack by Jay Henry Weisz.

Sounds too weird to be plausible.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Does Iceland really look like how it's portrayed in DAD?
    Sure it does. The lake that they shot at (Jokularson) is quite beautiful actually.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited November 2016 Posts: 2,721
    I only went there in summer so for me Iceland looks more like how it is portrayed in the remake of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty or even more realistically in Noi the Albino. I spent two weeks driving around Iceland. 24 hour daylight. Wonderful, otherworldly place.
    Iceland looked spectacular in Walter Mitty. It's on my bucket list for sure.