The 1st Annual MI6 Community Awards *Biggest Brosnan Fan Nominees*

2»

Comments

Well I haven't put in my two cents about why I love Brosnan's Bond, so here goes nothing!
    When I first got into James Bond through 007 Nightfire, Pierce Brosnan's likeness was used in the game, and he was the first James Bond I ever become familiar with. His charm, wit, and slick coolness spoke volumes to me about who James Bond actually was and still is. Every time I think James Bond, I usually see Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore, but more so Pierce because he was my first 007, and he just radiates with style and class. Also, I enjoyed his performances with the darker side of Bond, such as in one of my earliest Bond viewings, GoldenEye, as most everyone here knows is my favorite. His authority and sheer power as the world's greatest secret agent really clicked with me to become a Bond fan. Such scenes like the killing of Dr. Kaufman, any encounter with Alec Trevelyan, threatening to eliminate Renard in the missile silo, the killing of Elektra King, and confronting Gustav Graves after finding out his true identity are spot-on examples of who James Bond is for me, and shows why I think that Pierce Brosnan is so amazing as 007.
    00Beast wrote:
    Well I haven't put in my two cents about why I love Brosnan's Bond, so here goes nothing!
    When I first got into James Bond through 007 Nightfire, Pierce Brosnan's likeness was used in the game, and he was the first James Bond I ever become familiar with. His charm, wit, and slick coolness spoke volumes to me about who James Bond actually was and still is. Every time I think James Bond, I usually see Pierce Brosnan or Roger Moore, but more so Pierce because he was my first 007, and he just radiates with style and class. Also, I enjoyed his performances with the darker side of Bond, such as in one of my earliest Bond viewings, GoldenEye, as most everyone here knows is my favorite. His authority and sheer power as the world's greatest secret agent really clicked with me to become a Bond fan. Such scenes like the killing of Dr. Kaufman, any encounter with Alec Trevelyan, threatening to eliminate Renard in the missile silo, the killing of Elektra King, and confronting Gustav Graves after finding out his true identity are spot-on examples of who James Bond is for me, and shows why I think that Pierce Brosnan is so amazing as 007.

You are a very smart man, 00Beast.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 32
    My old friend: Mr Bond.
    @007RogerMoore: Thank you kind sir!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,044
    00Beast wrote:

You have a great taste @00Beast !
    My old friend: Mr Bond.

Thanks mate!

Crab_Of_Doom is OHMSS from CR if you didn´t know.
    @MrBond: Why thank you! I appreciate it!
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Crab_Of_Doom is OHMSS from CR if you didn´t know.

Ah, i could almost imagine :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 40,534
    I'll go ahead and nominate myself, why not? I'm a huge, HUGE Brosnan fan, Bond films or not. I wish I had a digital camera, so I could show you my wall at home: huge cardboard poster (from when the Suncoast video stores closed down) of Brosnan in the PTS sequence of TND, along with an autographed picture, tons of production stills from his Bond films, and a few movie posters.

If I don't win, then the only other clear winner to me would be @00Beast. He and I have defended Brosnan on numerous occasions.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I think the win should be a 3-way tie between @Creasy, @00Beast and @BAIN. Those 3 are the biggest Brosnan fans around - and it pleases me that Pierce has such strong defenders !! :)
    @DaltonCraig007, thank you very much. I'm glad that there are like-minded people, as well.
    I think the win should be a 3-way tie between @Creasy, @00Beast and @BAIN. Those 3 are the biggest Brosnan fans around - and it pleases me that Pierce has such strong defenders !! :)

I would gladly see one of these win, especially 00Beast, who has great taste. But I hope that Mr.Bond wins. Take it from me, he is a big Brosnan fan.

Please put me in the pot too! Although saying this, I think 00Beast has been brilliantly vocal in his Brozzer posts...well done that man!!!
    I am definitely out of this one, Brosnan was never bond to me he Just tried to act like bond, was never convinced by him at all.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Shoreline wrote:
    Please put me in the pot too! Although saying this, I think 00Beast has been brilliantly vocal in his Brozzer posts...well done that man!!!

State why you think you should be nominated then.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I'll go ahead and nominate myself, why not? I'm a huge, HUGE Brosnan fan, Bond films or not. I wish I had a digital camera, so I could show you my wall at home: huge cardboard poster (from when the Suncoast video stores closed down) of Brosnan in the PTS sequence of TND, along with an autographed picture, tons of production stills from his Bond films, and a few movie posters.

If I don't win, then the only other clear winner to me would be @00Beast. He and I have defended Brosnan on numerous occasions.

Yes we have! Haha, the mighty Brosnan duo return in full force!
    edited April 2012 Posts: 40,534
    Haha, indeed! In the end, it would be a great honor to win the title of the - or one of the - biggest Brosnan fans here.

Even then, just being nominated thus far was an honor. Thanks, guys!
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Haha, indeed! In the end, it would be a great honor to win the title of the - or one of the - biggest Brosnan fans here.

Even then, just being nominated thus far was an honor. Thanks, guys!

Indeed, thank you to everyone for the nominations!