"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Sterling over to the right where he has been very effective.
  • Sterling over to the right where he has been very effective.

yeah, that's true
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,343
    VAR incoming.

Wow lucky Denmark.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    VAR incoming.

Wow lucky Denmark.

yeah, might have been the right decision though
    Yeah just because Kane’s foul moments before.
    Zero work for Pickford in the 2nd half. Denmark is very solid but England is wasting too many opportunities.
    It’s only England now they will 100% score if they keep on going like this. Denmark’s only hope are the penalties.
  • England penalty!
  • England penalty!

Wrong decision I think
  • uh oh...
    England penalty!

Wrong decision I think

If he was Italian or Spanish they would call him a diver...
  • on the rebound, that's unfair!
  • such a good initial save, that's cheating!
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    jobo wrote: »
    England penalty!

Wrong decision I think

If he was Italian or Spanish they would call him a diver...

True that.
    England penalty!

Wrong decision I think

Yep. What’s the point of VAR anyway?

I feel bad for Denmark they don’t deserve to win this game but at they same time they don’t deserve to lose because of a gift for England from the ref.
    England penalty!

Wrong decision I think

Yep. What’s the point of VAR anyway?

I feel bad for Denmark they don’t deserve to win this game but at they same time they don’t deserve to lose because of a gift for England from the ref.

agreed, should go to penalties
  • Jack Grealish off again? Injury presumably?
    So it’s gonna be Italy vs England.

As an Italian I have to say I’m happy. If we lose, we lose. If we win, it would be one of the most epic achievement in our impressive football history. Anyway, if 3 Lions will prevail, I’d be kinda fine with that since England is a great country but they basically never won anything.
    So it’s gonna be Italy vs England.

As an Italian I have to say I’m happy. If we lose, we lose. If we win, it would be one of the most epic achievement in our impressive football history. Anyway, if 3 Lions will prevail, I’d be kinda fine with that since England is a great country but they basically never won anything.

yep, i'm impartial there, (well nearly)
    England - Italy will be a great final.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not sure about the penalty think it was for a foul by second defender.

England best team in the end. Sunday is going to be some game. Glad England had to battle for this game.
    Sterling player of the tournament for me.
  • jobo wrote: »
    England - Italy will be a great final.

yeah, it'll feel like something is missing when this tournament is over
    Great scenes though I am guarded, I will go crazy only when Kane lifts the trophy above his head.
    It’s gonna be the 28th game between the two. 10 won by Italy and 8 by England. It’s gonna be very tense. England just cannot lose at home while Italy is on a mission to avenge Spinazzola. I’d say there’s more pressure on England. That’s one of the few times that both of the two very best teams of the tournament make it to the final.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 23,530
    It will be close I think England can get at Italys back line with our pace, Italy have Chiesa, Berradi and Insignia very tricky players, two well matched teams.
  • These last two semi-final games were pretty intense! Will be cheering for Italy this time out, after my Germans were defeated by England. It will be a great matchup.
    It will be close I think England can get at Italys back line with our pace, Italy have Chiesa, Berradi and Insignia very tricky players, two well matched teams.

Yeah especially if they’re that good at diving! :D :D :D

PS Italy has Donnarumma as well amazing huge goalkeeper.

I genuinely believe Italy is slightly better as an overall team and I think this whole tournament proved it but for England this is the most important game since 1966 for endless reasons. It’s gonna be tied and details will decide the match.
    I don't think Italy have a better Squad though you do have a better manager.

I think England have a higher ceiling than Italy.
  • It's going to be a very intense match. My prediction : 2-1 Italy realistically, but come on England!!