"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    LOL! This guy really gets Lampard frequent laughing during interviews and Kane's YEAH, OBVIOUSLY.
    Good luck to Arsenal. But I must admit....I'm worried.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 17,389
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Can't see them winning this game…

Can't see them winning this game…

Me too. @Torgeirtrap Sadly
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    LOL! This guy really gets Lampard frequent laughing during interviews and Kane's YEAH, OBVIOUSLY.

Kane in the Bus depot craked me up.

Good draw for Spurs at Stamford Bridge they are title contenders for sure.

Kane in the Bus depot craked me up.

Good draw for Spurs at Stamford Bridge they are title contenders for sure.

Lol. Yeah. That about Kane too. (Oh! Lampard's frequent laughing, I should say)

Yeah. Mourinho wants to win ugly as usual. The fans and some of the players might not be enjoying it, even if they're winning. And the lack of fans suits Mourinho, because they wouldn't like to see players like Kane and Son being too defensive.
    Arsenal are so bad…
    Arsenal are so bad…

Very! Very! And it's embarrassingly obvious.
    Arsenal are so bad…

Indeed. You can almost write off the season at this point. I struggle to see them getting anywhere near top six playing like this.
    Arsenal must be losing, are they any better going forward?

Not, they are unable to create anything at all.
    Arsenal are so bad…

Indeed. You can almost write off the season at this point. I struggle to see them getting anywhere near top six playing like this.

Exactly. That's the scary part. You can almost sum up the entire season, this early.

Dani Ceballos your only creative midfielder currently, is he still on loan from Madrid or have you bought him?
    Arsenal are so bad…

Exactly. That's the scary part. You can almost sum up the entire season, this early.

The scary thing is, you have to start question Arteta now too…

Dani Ceballos your only creative midfielder currently, is he still on loan from Madrid or have you bought him?

Just on loan with no option to buy. So I imagine he will return to Real next season, or be loaned out again.
    Yeah @Torgeirtrap I think Arteta is few games away from very serious questioning, if it goes on like this.
    Yeah @Torgeirtrap I think Arteta is few games away from very serious questioning, if it goes on like this.

Can't see that bringing in anyone else other than a big name will help if it goes that far. This team is in need of some proper managing.

Can't see that bringing in anyone else other than a big name will help if it goes that far. This team is in need of some proper managing.

Yeah. I can't argue with this.

I really feel Arteta is the man – or type of manager Arsenal should have: young, ambitious, and the right attitude. But I have a worrying suspicion that this Arsenal team is in need of something else…

I really feel Arteta is the man – or type of manager Arsenal should have: young, ambitious, and the right attitude. But I have a worrying suspicion that this Arsenal team is in need of something else…

Yeah. It would take time for Arteta, no doubt. I think Arsenal would give Arteta a few more windows, before making any decision.

Yeah. It would take time for Arteta, no doubt. I think Arsenal would give Arteta a few more windows, before making any decision.

In an ideal situation yes, but if performances are like this much longer… Feels like a case of right man for the job, but not at the right time, IMO.

In an ideal situation yes, but if performances are like this much longer… Feels like a case of right man for the job, but not at the right time, IMO.

Yeah. I think you have a point. Scary times for Arsenal, though.
    And If Tottenham do beat Arsenal as I expect them to, I really do fear for Arteta.

Yeah. I think you have a point. Scary times for Arsenal, though.

Indeed.
    CAVANI STORM Man Utd star Edinson Cavani facing three-match BAN for ‘racist’ post as striker sparks race storm on Instagram
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13332788/edinson-cavani-ban-racism-man-utd-fa/amp/
    He has to be banned
    CAVANI STORM Man Utd star Edinson Cavani facing three-match BAN for ‘racist’ post as striker sparks race storm on Instagram
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13332788/edinson-cavani-ban-racism-man-utd-fa/amp/
    He has to be banned

Wow! Very wrong timing, just when he was starting to look like Man U's main man. He should be grateful that a big club like Man U went after him, at this stage in his career and should be focusing more on how to repay United's faith in him. Wow! He could have done without this sort of news. He doesn't need this. He's supposed to set a good example for the youthful players at United, so they can learn a lot from him when he leaves.
    He has to be banned

Wow! Very wrong timing, just when he was starting to look like Man U's main man. He should be grateful that a big club like Man U went after him, at this stage in his career and should be focusing more on how to repay United's faith in him. Wow! He could have done without this sort of news. He doesn't need this. He's supposed to set a good example for the youthful players at United, so they can learn a lot from him when he leaves.

It could be ignorance on his part a cultural and educational issue, though as you rightly say players have to set an example and a ban, fine and an apology is needed IMO.
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,247
    He has to be banned

It could be ignorance on his part a cultural and educational issue, though as you rightly say players have to set an example and a ban, fine and an apology is needed IMO.

Yeah, you're right. I think it's ignorance and educational issue. Although, the ignorance part is questionable though.

Yeah, it looks like a ban, fine and an apology is on the horizon.
    Neville strongly calls on football authorities to do more diversity & inclusion training
    Yeah. Gary Neville is saying something.