Comments

Cavani again! Yes!
    Cavani again good goal gr
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Get in Pepe another defender scoring from my Fantasy team
    I need points for my Fantasy Football Team come on Ronny

I forgot to do one and i got Iran in the work sweepstake...i will hold off until the Premiership starts ...what a pillock i am !!

I will do a Prem one this next season for the first time, this world cup is the first time I have done it its fun.

Really ??

The Prem one is brilliant..i do 2 of them,the official Premier League one and Sky Sports.

Yeah in all the years its been going never even read the rules lol

We should all at least to the official Premier League one..i will set up a thread so we can compare and discuss our teams to win something !

Yeah @Torgeirtrap mentioned setting up a league I am up for that

I can set up a league if people are interested. The game will be up again after the WC, I think.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    The goals today have been simply extraordinary.

They have been very high standard, just need a blinder from Ronaldo
    I know! That's what I'm waiting for. Tough to get through this incredibly stellar defense though.
    Cavani again! Yes!

I forgot to do one and i got Iran in the work sweepstake...i will hold off until the Premiership starts ...what a pillock i am !!

I will do a Prem one this next season for the first time, this world cup is the first time I have done it its fun.

Really ??

The Prem one is brilliant..i do 2 of them,the official Premier League one and Sky Sports.

We should all at least to the official Premier League one..i will set up a thread so we can compare and discuss our teams to win something !

I can set up a league if people are interested. The game will be up again after the WC, I think.

Yes go for it Torg....set up a thread first as a pre-season invite,so members will be aware we are doing it and can register with the PL website.
    Get them to give you their names and we will know how many members are joining...the sooner the better ,even today,to give people time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

I know! That's what I'm waiting for. Tough to get through this incredibly stellar defense though.

Not many sides will want to face Uruguay if they get through, definitely the dark horses
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Cavani again! Yes!

Really ??

Yes go for it Torg....set up a thread first as a pre-season invite,so members will be aware we are doing it and can register with the PL website.
    Get them to give you their names and we will know how many members are joining...the sooner the better ,even today,to give people time.

I can do that now!

Not many sides will want to face Uruguay if they get through, definitely the dark horses
    Agreed. They are very fluid in attack and solid at the back. It will take something special and creative to beat them if they keep this form, assuming they're through.

Agreed. They are very fluid in attack and solid at the back. It will take something special and creative to beat them if they keep this form, assuming they're through.

Against the French would be interesting...both sides would be careful,its a case of who blinks first and once the 1st goal goes in it will be an open match.

Against the French would be interesting...both sides would be careful,its a case of who blinks first and once the 1st goal goes in it will be an open match.
    True. I'd like to see how they fare against the blistering pace of an Mbappe. He may be able to break them with those runs of his, or at least force a foul or penalty like he did with the Argies.

True. I'd like to see how they fare against the blistering pace of an Mbappe. He may be able to break them with those runs of his, or at least force a foul or penalty like he did with the Argies.

Its a lot more of an organised team,im not sure he will have the space he had today.
    Blow the whistle, ref!!!

Its a lot more of an organised team,im not sure he will have the space he had today.
    That's true.

I have to hand it to Portugal though. They've really fought like dogs here.
    Portugal out, yes!!!
    Portugal out, yes!!!

So The Simpsons was wrong. I heard they predicted Mexico vs Sweden, but it was actually Mexico vs Portugal. Maybe Trump won t wreck the US economy, either.
    Ronaldo and Messi and Maradona (fat prick) are out...a good days work for the WC 2018.
    Ronaldo and Messi and Maradona (fat prick) are out...a good days work for the WC 2018.

Fat prick? Is that allowed?

in what way ?

Two completely different teams. Argentina defend with a high, unorganized line consistibg of mainly quite slow players. Mbappe couldn't have asked for more! Uruguay will defend deeper and with little space between defence and midfield. Mbappe is better suited to play on the counter with space, and he will not get that often against Uruguay.

in what way ?

Forum policy. Be careful.

in what way ?

Seriously ?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    jobo wrote: »

Two completely different teams. Argentina defend with a high, unorganized line consistibg of mainly quite slow players. Mbappe couldn't have asked for more! Uruguay will defend deeper and with little space between defence and midfield. Mbappe is better suited to play on the counter with space, and he will not get that often against Uruguay.
    Oh I completely agree. I am envisiging it on a surprise counter only. In addition, it will have to be ruthlessly accurate and well paced to succeed. France is a young team so it's possible but Uruguay will be very difficult to break down.

in what way ?

Seriously ?

Remember The Wiz. I don t mind cross language, personally.
    Portugal out, yes!!!

So The Simpsons was wrong. I heard they predicted Mexico vs Sweden, but it was actually Mexico vs Portugal. Maybe Trump won t wreck the US economy, either.

Mexico are still a decent outsider, though. Unlikely, but possible.

_______
    FPL thread is up!
    With both Messi and Ronaldo out, who do we think will be the player(s) of the tournament? Are Neymar or Mbappé going to put their mark on this tournament and football in the years to come?

I thought he only scored two goals against England.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 7,506
    With both Messi and Ronaldo out, who do we think will be the player(s) of the tournament? Are Neymar or Mbappé going to put their mark on this tournament and football in the years to come?

In my view Coutinho has been the player of the tournament so far. I think this might be his World Cup.
    jobo wrote: »

In my view Coutinho has been the player of the tournament so far. I think this might be his World Cup.

Good point about Coutinho. He's been really good so far!
    It would be hilarious if England won the World Cup - not because we're any good but all the other teams - the better ones - get knocked out! Portugal out. Germany out. Argentina out. And the best team is out - San Marino! Man, legends in their own half time!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited July 2018 Posts: 4,554
    Spain: bye bye. I know they’re talented, but that pedestrian style of play, an inability to attack, put them in a position to lose.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Spain are ball hogs with little cutting edge currently