"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Great teamwork from Suarez and Cavani for that goal.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Cracking goal Cavani, come on Portugal
    jobo wrote: »
    Indeed. You have to wonder though, why Argentina didn't put Agüero on earlier - or why they didn't have him in the starting eleven.

Because they needed an extra midfielder to combat France's strength on the counter. Not that it helped much...

It sure didn't. Wonder if their neighbours in Uruguay can do the job against Portugal.

It will be an interesting game. Two of the most similar teams in the tournament, both basically designed for a knock out system with physically strong players with high stamina, well drilled in a defensive team unit, but with clinical goal scorers up front. Uruguay have been the better team so far in this tournament, but that was in group games against teams they were expected to beat and to take initiativ against organized defences. Both teams are better suited to sit behind and let the other team ductate the play (what Argentina should have done but where incapable of doing). France today showed how much a different game scenario can change a performance. We might se the same effect on Uruguay or Portugal. I expect a dull affair between two catious, patient teams where small details might be decisive. My money is on Uruguay to get there in the end.

Not that confident, but I hope Uruguay will win this one. Even if they are similar in many ways, I rather have the one without Ronaldo and Pepe progress, haha! If Portugal progress, I can just see them going all the way to the final, winning with a late goal. That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I think France with an in form Mbappe would get the better of them this year. And Brazil should be much better in a semifinal... Something different to Poland and Wales...

True. France might just prove too difficult, as should definitely Brazil - although Brazil haven't been on fire yet.
    ______
    CAVANI!
    Well pleased Argentina went out earlier, now I am hoping for a Uruguay win too? Started off positive enough!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    When is the finals?
    When is the finals?

The final is Sunday 15th July,Thundy.
    Why does Ronaldo pull up his shorts before taking free kicks?
    barryt007 wrote: »
    When is the finals?

According to The Simpsons it will be between Mexico and Sweden, but that isn t going to happen.
    When is the finals?

According to The Simpsons it will be between Mexico and Sweden, but that isn t going to happen.

Both still in the competition!

That annoys me....i would want Portugal to win, as they are my countries' oldest allies ,but i cant with that twat playing.
    When is the finals?

But in the same group.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I need points for my Fantasy Football Team come on Ronny

I forgot to do one and i got Iran in the work sweepstake...i will hold off until the Premiership starts ...what a pillock i am !!
    When is the finals?

But in the same group.

Which they both progressed from! :)

I forgot to do one and i got Iran in the work sweepstake...i will hold off until the Premiership starts ...what a pillock i am !!

I will do a Prem one this next season for the first time, this world cup is the first time I have done it its fun.

That annoys me....i would want Portugal to win, as they are my countries' oldest allies ,but i cant with that twat playing.

Worst thing is, he's the captain!

I will do a Prem one this next season for the first time, this world cup is the first time I have done it its fun.

Really ??

The Prem one is brilliant..i do 2 of them,the official Premier League one and Sky Sports.

He he ...someone needs to pull them up the crack of his arse at the final whistle !
    When is the finals?

But in the same group.

But isn t there a knock-out at some time which prevents them from both being in the finals? Sorry, not into the rules.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,372

Really ??

The Prem one is brilliant..i do 2 of them,the official Premier League one and Sky Sports.
    Haven't tried the Sky Sports one. Many differences from the PL game?

He he ...someone needs to pull them up the crack of his arse at the final whistle !
    Hahaha! :))

Really ??

Haven't tried the Sky Sports one. Many differences from the PL game?

Hahaha! :))

The PL one is the best out there IMO...you have to really think each week .
    When is the finals?

But in the same group.

But isn t there a knock-out at some time which prevents them from both being in the finals? Sorry, not into the rules.

Here's how thing are looking right now:
    36323678_10155851684192462_6677813489668456448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=7b61f2c80d8a58461d9a3eca470e29da&oe=5BA564FC
    Oh, no! Not Pepe!!!
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,682
    Get in Pepe another defender scoring from my Fantasy team

Really ??

Yeah in all the years its been going never even read the rules lol

Really ??

We should all at least to the official Premier League one..i will set up a thread so we can compare and discuss our teams to win something !
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 19,339
    IGNORE
    Cavani again good goal gr

Really ??

We should all at least to the official Premier League one..i will set up a thread so we can compare and discuss our teams to win something !

Yeah @Torgeirtrap mentioned setting up a league I am up for that
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    The goals today have been simply extraordinary.
    Cavani again good goal gr

Really ??

Yeah @Torgeirtrap mentioned setting up a league I am up for that

OK i will set one up in a minute,an invite for members to join.
    bondjames wrote: »
    The goals today have been simply extraordinary.

They have been very high standard, just need a blinder from Ronaldo