Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

Harsh. I like the new Bourne books, he's more like film Bourne in them.

Oh, even more reason not to read. I want to read the Ludlum Bourne, not piggyback film novels. Is he middle aged in them at least?

Yeah he is.

Oh, even more reason not to read. I want to read the Ludlum Bourne, not piggyback film novels. Is he middle aged in them at least?

Well if any middle aged person can do the feats he does in the Lustbader books he'd be bloody special.
    First Lustbader lost the baggage that Ludlum had created and then I believe he made him somewhat younger as to be a believable actionhero. In essence the Simon Templar, James Bond manouvre.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    SaintMark wrote:

Well if any middle aged person can do the feats he does in the Lustbader books he'd be bloody special.
    First Lustbader lost the baggage that Ludlum had created and then I believe he made him somewhat younger as to be a believable actionhero. In essence the Simon Templar, James Bond manouvre.
    Where is Marie and the kids in all this??

@SaintMark I think he still is middle aged since
    He still has a kid from his first marrige who's an adult.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

But
    isn't that the kid that survived the crash that killed his wife in Vietnam?

The thing that pi#@es me off about Lustbader is that he feels the need to
    kill off every great character (LITERALLY!)
    , which is why if I ever see him in public I'd punch him square in the face. He is revolting. Granted, Ludlum's only satisfactory novel is Identity, but that doesn't give him the right to cock up Rob's work.
    SaintMark wrote:

Gone

SaintMark wrote:
    SaintMark wrote:

Gone

Really? That is pathetic. Might as well make Bourne run around in a pink Bunny suit and do ballerina dances with a red rose between his teeth for all the good that does.

But
    isn't that the kid that survived the crash that killed his wife in Vietnam?

Yes. But
    In Legacy, Joshua/Khan (his son), was an adult. So if Bourne was old enough to have an adult son, he must be middle aged still.

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Wow, I hadn't watched those three TV spots until now - they got me even more excited than I already was. The only shot I'm not crazy about is him grinding down the stairs railing on the dirt bike. Too cheesy for me, but I can look past it and enjoy what is to come.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,416
    Soundtrack. (Avaible on 31 July 2012 on or between 7 August.) scored by James Newton Howard (The Dark Knight/ King Kong)

51aUhuBrDYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Bigger versionhttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81W6fUCDFZL._AA1500_.jpg

Source: Filmmuziek.be
    1. Legacy (2:40)
    2. Drone (4:15)
    3. NRAG (:59)
    4. You Fell In Love (1:42)
    5. Program Shutdown (3:00)
    6. Over The Mountain (:51)
    7. High Powered Rifle (2:50)
    8. They’re All Dead (2:48)
    9. Manila Lab (2:40)
    10. Wolves / Sick Ric (2:19)
    11. Doctor Of What? (4:28)
    12. Aaron In Chicago (1:32)
    13. Wolf Attack (2:57)
    14. Chem Talk (1:35)
    15. Flight 167 (3:30)
    16. Aaron Run! (1:08)
    17. You Belong Here (1:17)
    18. Cognitive Degrade (2:49)
    19. 17 Hour Head Start (3:51)
    20. Viralled Out (:58)
    21. You’re Doing Fine (1:18)
    22. Simon Ross (1:37)
    23. LARX Tarmac (1:45)
    24. Magsaysay Suite (3:04)
    25. Aftermath (2:49)
    26. Extreme Ways (Bourne’s Legacy) (4:51)
    Written by Moby Music and Lyrics Recorded and Performed by Moby

Dutch Release date of the movie is now final set for 6 September 2012 and release of the soundtrack is 3 August. The Europe version of the soundtrack is released by Colosseum Schallplatten (the same label as Mi4/Fast Five.) under de ean code: 4005939715823. The American version by Varese Sarabande under 030206715828.

At this moment the screentime of the movie isn't confirmd yet.
    So Ross will fit back into this. Hmm...very interesting. So I guess this will match the timeline of Ultimatum?
    Here's an excerpt from Damon the other day on 'Bourne 5':

“Tony [Gilroy] is really smart, he’s a really good writer and a really good director and I’m sure he made a good movie. The question will be if they can franchise that movie, because if they can, then they’ll be done with me. They’ll just keep making those.”
    Matt, I want you back. If we have to get more of these damn things he could at least get involved. A Bourne/Cross team up would be pretty cool, or even a face off.
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,372
    It doesn't make sense.

Yes, Matt, they don't want you back, the beloved person who made the franchise so entertaining and addictive in the first place.

I think a team-up would be great. If they're both on the 'same sides of the law,' per se, then them teaming up for something really big would be very entertaining to watch. They could go out shopping for books, just to use to smash faces in again.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    It doesn't make sense.

Yes, Matt, they don't want you back, the beloved person who made the franchise so entertaining and addictive in the first place.

I think a team-up would be great. If they're both on the 'same sides of the law,' per se, then them teaming up for something really big would be very entertaining to watch. They could go out shopping for books, just to use to smash faces in again.

That would be funny. For promotional videos they could have them shopping in Wal-Mart. Bourne comes up to Cross who has all these rigid books piled up, and says "good to see you have the books". And Cross says "and I see you have the ball point pens!" :D
    :)) I would love that.

"Don't forget the hand towels, Cross!"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    :)) I would love that.

"Don't forget the hand towels, Cross!"

"Oh come on, don't tell me you killed Desh too?"
    "In my defense he was going to kill Nicky. Oh, and don't forget to get some newspapers. If we have to blow up any homes there will be a toaster and a gas line there at the location, so all we will need is the papers. Scratch that off the list and we can go to checkout."
    "Wait, sorry...did you say something about blowing up homes?"
    "Uh...well-ah...."
    "We are not doing that!"
    "It was a controlled explosion, okay?!"
    Haha, if only. I'd pay good money just to see those scenes.

"Bring some old clothes, just in case I need to vault over shards of glass!"
    edited July 2012 Posts: 28,694
    I can see Bourne sadistically punching Cross when he sees him getting intimate with Rachel Weisz's character.

"You get her, but
    my MARIE IS DEAD
    !!!"

*Fetal position*
    Bourne and Cross, in terms of Rachel Weisz's character: Sharing is caring!

Here's a new clip from the film, involving a motorcycle chase:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92707

Here's an update on the future of the films:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92776
    Screentime confirmd: 135 minutes (2hr,15 minutes)

http://www.pathe.nl/film/16441/the-bourne-legacy
    Nice spot, @M_Balje. Running time works perfectly for me.
    That's the sort of run time that we need for Bond too atleast?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 4,416
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Meh
    Can't wait for this.
    The reviews are coming in and it doesn't look good:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_bourne_legacy/
  • edited August 2012 Posts: 12,837
    The reviews are coming in and it doesn't look good:
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_bourne_legacy/

To be fair though, there haven't been that many reviews. And besides, if my time as a film fan has taught me anything it's don't base if I like/dislike a film on reviews. I'll wait and see it and judge it myself.
    I'll wait and see it and judge it myself.

Of course. I do the same thing myself.