Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

With all the shaky cam, the 3D version of Bourne must be headache inducing.
    That is quite an ill-informed comment. Apart from the 3D probably looking terrible because the film wasn´t shot in 3D, there is not a lot of shaky cam, and moreover shaky cam actually looks less nauseating in 3D.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    boldfinger wrote: »
    That is quite an ill-informed comment. Apart from the 3D probably looking terrible because the film wasn´t shot in 3D, there is not a lot of shaky cam, and moreover shaky cam actually looks less nauseating in 3D.

My apologies. I don't indulge in gimmicks like 3D, and wasn't motivated enough to see the latest Bourne film in theaters, though I've heard complaints about shaky cam from many. It's the Paul Greengrass style at this point, where the damn camera never stops tilting left to right, even in non-action sequences.

My apologies. I don't indulge in gimmicks like 3D, and wasn't motivated enough to see the latest Bourne film in theaters, though I've heard complaints about shaky cam from many. It's the Paul Greengrass style at this point, where the damn camera never stops tilting left to right, even in non-action sequences.
    Again, you´re misinformed about Greengrass´ style, @0Brady.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Again, you´re misinformed about Greengrass´ style, @0Brady.

Watched his movies, that's my impression. Can't say any more.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited October 2016 Posts: 4,416
    Matt Damon turn 46 years old today...

''Jason Bourne'' wil be released on Bluray, DVD and Limited Special Edition DVD on 30 November 2016 in The Netherlands. There also will be 5 movie set.

Bourne Legacy was released as 1 disc DVD, BD/DVD Combopack Steelbook, normal single disc BD and 4 movie set. The Last Ship was released as DVD, BD/DVD Combopack Steelbook, Normal BD/DVD Combopack and single disc BD.

The Jack Ryan movie from 2014 also have limited (Bolcomonly) special edition dvd who include bonusmaterial not avaible on Bluray and Media Markt release limited Steelbook Bluray. I own normal BD, not knowing at moment there be a steelbook.

Rogue Nation was released as DVD, single disc BD, Limited MM 1 disc Bluray (sadley not as 2 disc as in some other country's) and very 2 disc limited bolcom only BD (The reasen that i don't own this movie yet.).

Made me curious or Jason Bourne wil get MM exclusieve like Jack Ryan or Mi5, but if get a steelbook i hope it wil be normal avaible steelbook again.

Possible bonusmaterial:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/jason-bourne.html
    Bringing Back Bourne - Matt Damon and Director Paul Greengrass discuss how they brought a beloved character back to the big screen.
    Bourne to Fight - A behind-the-scenes look at the fight sequences in Jason Bourne.
    Bare-Knuckle Boxing - Matt Damon discusses his love for boxing and how he prepared for the bare-knuckle fight sequences.
    Close Quarters - A behind-the-scenes look at the brutal fight between Jason Bourne and Christian Dassault.
    Underground Rumble - Matt Damon, Vincent Cassel, and fight coordinator Roger Yuan discuss how they staged Bourne’s final showdown with The Asset.
    The Athens Escape - Matt Damon, stunt coordinator Gary Powell and second unit director Simon Crane discuss the challenges of shooting a chase sequence through cramped city streets.
    Las Vegas Showdown - For the final act of Jason Bourne, filmmakers wanted something bigger and bolder than ever before. Here’s an inside look at how they pulled it off.
    Convention Chaos - Join the cast and crew on location in Las Vegas as they film the final act of Jason Bourne.
    Shutting Down the Strip - A behind-the-scenes look at one of the wildest car chases in Bourne history.

Bourne Legacy Bluray include uncredit audiocommentary, so mabey with this movie again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Chasing Matt Damon has taken its toll on Vincent Cassel, it seems...

Cvm87V0WcAAy0XD.jpg
  • edited November 2016 Posts: 1,661
    The Bluray cover looks kinda similar to Bond's pose in the Die Another Day poster:

Jason Bourne:

http://img.rlsbb.com/images/r03K1Z.jpg

Die Another Day:

http://www.impawards.com/2002/posters/die_another_day_ver9.jpg

But I doubt there are any invisible cars in Jason Bourne 2016!

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Still no word on the sequel, huh? ;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I rewatched this last night. All of the problems I have with the plot of the film lie with Tommy Lee Jones' Robert Dewey character. He's such a blank canvas of a person yet is meant to have had such a big impact on Bourne's life?

It would have be better, I think, if....
    It had been Dewey who had blown up Bourne's father. Personally. Instead of Vincent Cassel's Asset. We have no idea where Dewey has come from. There was no mention of him in any of the other films yet he had the authority to sanction a hit on Bourne's father 20 years ago? No, I don't buy that. It would have been very interesting if Dewey had been an ex-asset who, after retiring, became a suit and lobbied his way to the top after the first trilogy. It would explain his faith in Vincent Cassel's character more so than anything else, too - along with how bloodthirsty he is. It wouldn't change much about the film (Bourne would still go after him for Daddy and go after the Asset for Nicky), but it would change the context.

So annoying after how intricate the other Damon films were when it comes to character motivations.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yep! Agree with all of it!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/brief-updates-on-bourne-6-jurassic-5-indy-5/
    With “Jason Bourne” hitting Blu-ray next week, producer Frank Marshall has offered an update on the various projects he’s attached to in coming years including more Bourne,

Bourne 6
    “I’d say the Bourne franchise is alive and well. And we’re certainly moving forward to continue making Bourne movies.. These movies are one of a kind now because there are no more books to reference. One of the things we have done is we’ve opened it up. We have several new, fresh characters, and who knows where the next one is going to take us.”
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm a big fan of the Bourne series, so I'm all for more films, with or without Damon or Greengrass. There's a lot they can explore here and take in new directions.
  • edited December 2016 Posts: 4,325
    I really liked Jason Bourne, but do feel they need to re-invigorate it a bit rather than just rehashing what they've already done if they're going to make more of them.

This review is probably quite fair

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jason-Bourne-Blu-ray/160977/#Review
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I agree, that's a fair review. If they are going to make more, they definitely need to shake the 'formula' up, but also have to ensure that the characters and actors are more compelling than what they had in Bourne Legacy, which could have been a lot better than it was.

I'm done with the inner demons 'lost soul' rubbish (even Bond is in on it now). Bourne should focus on straight missions going forward, as should Bond.
    I rewatched this last night. All of the problems I have with the plot of the film lie with Tommy Lee Jones' Robert Dewey character. He's such a blank canvas of a person yet is meant to have had such a big impact on Bourne's life?

It had been Dewey who had blown up Bourne's father. Personally. Instead of Vincent Cassel's Asset. We have no idea where Dewey has come from. There was no mention of him in any of the other films yet he had the authority to sanction a hit on Bourne's father 20 years ago? No, I don't buy that. It would have been very interesting if Dewey had been an ex-asset who, after retiring, became a suit and lobbied his way to the top after the first trilogy. It would explain his faith in Vincent Cassel's character more so than anything else, too - along with how bloodthirsty he is. It wouldn't change much about the film (Bourne would still go after him for Daddy and go after the Asset for Nicky), but it would change the context.

So annoying after how intricate the other Damon films were when it comes to character motivations.
    I didn´t get the impression Dewey had less character motivation than the baddies from the first three films. In fact, the more I think about Jason Bourne, the better I like it.

M_Balje wrote: »
    http://www.darkhorizons.com/brief-updates-on-bourne-6-jurassic-5-indy-5/
    With “Jason Bourne” hitting Blu-ray next week, producer Frank Marshall has offered an update on the various projects he’s attached to in coming years including more Bourne,

Bourne 6
    “I’d say the Bourne franchise is alive and well. And we’re certainly moving forward to continue making Bourne movies.. These movies are one of a kind now because there are no more books to reference. One of the things we have done is we’ve opened it up. We have several new, fresh characters, and who knows where the next one is going to take us.”
    I´m looking forward to more Bourne films, but what a load of bs from Frank Marshall. No more books to reference? 2 and 3 already didn´t reference any book, except for the title.

tanaka123 wrote: »
    I really liked Jason Bourne, but do feel they need to re-invigorate it a bit rather than just rehashing what they've already done if they're going to make more of them.

This review is probably quite fair

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Jason-Bourne-Blu-ray/160977/#Review
    Given that the second and third one are more or less the same, this one holds up pretty nice.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

I didn´t get the impression Dewey had less character motivation than the baddies from the first three films. In fact, the more I think about Jason Bourne, the better I like it.

And it would have been fine if he was a character in one of the first three films. But he wasn't.

Considering the amount of time that has passed and how he springs from nowhere in the timeline, they should have written him much better. They attempted to have their cake and eat it in the new film with the father plot and trying to have Dewey come across like Conklin, Abbott and Vosen were played.

At least The Bourne Legacy, as ridiculous as it was, had a bit of cohesion and logic as to why the characters acted the way they did.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I enjoyed the first 4 films (including the Renner one) and today my BluRay of Bourne 5 will arrive at my doorsteps. The movies have a high entertainment value and I appreciate the story and so on - but it will never reach the impact Bond had and has.

Anyway - looking forward to watch the movie tonight since I missed it in the cinema.
    I agree, that's a fair review. If they are going to make more, they definitely need to shake the 'formula' up, but also have to ensure that the characters and actors are more compelling than what they had in Bourne Legacy, which could have been a lot better than it was.

I can't agree. "Jason Bourne" had its moment, but I was not impressed. I think it suffered from some serious plot holes . . . which is the same problem I had with "The Bourne Ultimatum". But at least the 2007 movie didn't come off as tired and unoriginal to me.
    DRush76 wrote: »

I can't agree. "Jason Bourne" had its moment, but I was not impressed. I think it suffered from some serious plot holes . . . which is the same problem I had with "The Bourne Ultimatum". But at least the 2007 movie didn't come off as tired and unoriginal to me.

I don't think the reviewer was impressed either.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2019 Posts: 15,686
    Matt Damon is reportedly set to reprise his role of Jason Bourne in the 6th installment of the franchise.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481543/another-bourne-movie-is-in-the-works-and-itll-tie-into-the-treadstone-tv-show
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I like the Bournes very much. Even the Renner one, which I actually hold in high esteem. But I was content to put Bourne to bed after the fifth one. That said, if Alicia is back, I don't mind. 😉
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It doesn't necessarily seem to be a confirmation that Damon will return, but I'd hope they learned their lesson with putting a new actor in a leading role (Renner with Legacy) and will have him come back once more. Jason Bourne wasn't bad, but it didn't feel great or worthy, either. I really dug the car chase in Las Vegas, but it had some unremarkable fight scenes for the most part, nothing like what the original trilogy delivered.
    How about Renner ánd Damon together? That sounds about right, no?
    edited October 2019 Posts: 40,372
    I'd be fine with that. The more I think about it, I don't believe my issue laid so much with Renner starring as it did the pacing and absolutely disappointing finale that wrapped things up, along with the film simply being forgettable and mediocre as a whole. Mashing the two leads together could create some inventive and exciting action sequences.
    Exactly. Renner did well in Mission Impossible and I'm sure he could play a good part in another Bourne film. Now that Endgame is behind us, I wish Renner could be allowed to carry a series on his own. He's always that second guy, the runner-up as it were, but he's better than that in my opinion.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    How about Renner ánd Damon together? That sounds about right, no?

I would be more than happy with that scenario! :-bd
  • I don't necessarily need another Bourne film, the first three are perfect and I don't really think people care enough about Jason Bourne now to warrant a sixth film. I'll be interested though and hope they can end the series on a high note with Matt Damon as the lead!

Also, when is Treadstone being released? Is that a streaming service product?
    I would have a sixth Bourne movie, I quite like them all to be honest.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    edited October 2019 Posts: 3,985
    If Paul Greengrass is directing i'm all for it. Love the Bourne films.

Probably blasphemy but i wanted the Bond films to be more like them after Craig took over. Probably why i love QoS so much...!
    While perhaps not about the eponymous man himself, Treadstone has been canceled by Fox after just one season. No surprise there, can't believe it was greenlit in the first place.