Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' ORIGINAL SONGS

124»

Comments

• edited December 2012 Posts: 5,745
    The first original song for Django Unchained can be listened to here:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-song-premiere-john-legends-django-unchained-song-20121206,0,5323015.story

It's EXTREMELY catchy, be warned.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,635
    John Legend? I'm hooked before the song has even started.

Wow, this song is amazing. I can't wait to see it in the film.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 3,333
    Quentin Tarantino's latest film, the spaghetti western-inspired Django Unchained, looks set to be a critical hit after US reviewers at an early screening gave it the thumbs up on Twitter.

Attendees at the screening focused on the film's mix of extreme violence and more comedic moments. There were few negative verdicts, with some appraisals even suggesting Tarantino could find himself back in the awards season frame.

"Django Unchained is super violent spaghetti western w/ anachronistic songs. waltz & jackson steal it," tweeted Anne Thompson of the Thompson on Hollywood blog. "All talk & action. 1st screening." The New York Post's chief film critic, Lou Lumenick, said the film was "a three-hour homage to [classic Mel Brooks western spoof] Blazing Saddles".

Writer David Erlich tweeted: "DJANGO UNCHAINED: holy s**t. brutally hilarious spaghetti comedy does for business what Basterds did for war. Best American film of 2012." Looper director Rian Johnson added: "Django was terrific. DiCaprio blows the roof off the joint."

Podcast host Jeff Goldsmith described Django Unchained as a "buckets of blood spaghetti western with a great sense of humour". He added: "Race is tackled, but I wouldn't say too controversially. Great action and dialogue – definite awards contender."

Finally film and TV producer D-Dub tweeted that film was "funny, crazy violent, thoroughly entertaining". He added: "Luv that Christoph Waltz. Don Johnson needs to work more. He and Christoph Waltz together … awesome."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/dec/03/quentin-tarantino-django-unchained-twitter?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

But in the fairness of balance here is a dissenting view...

"Overlong, muddled, unable to establish Jaimie Foxx as its lead character, with poorly staged but grotesquely violent action scenes here and there, but mostly a lot of the usual Tarantino loquaciousness extended to unbearable lengths by a misguided belief that the scripts estimation of faux Southern gentility means the dialogue needs to be elongated even moreso than usual in a QT film.

Only critics who know nothing of the spaghetti western (let alone the DJANGO subgenre which this aspires to be a part of) will praise this as anything more than a subpar spag clone–one which promises far more in its trailer than the film comes close to delivering. And yes, three of the performances (Waltz, Jackson and DiCaprio) are a lot of fun for awhile…. and then just go on and on and on until you want them to be over. I swear, there is a really dull dinner scene which must occupy at least 30 minutes of run time."
  • More reviews are coming in.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's a cool art piece one of my favorite artists, Jim Lee did of Django:

jim_lee_django.jpg
    Although the film stands at 165 minutes, Tarantino is going to wait and see how the film does before deciding on releasing an extended cut:

http://www.slashfilm.com/quentin-tarantino-has-an-extended-cut-of-django-unchained-harvey-weinstein-suggested-splitting-film-into-two-parts/#more-152687
    edited December 2012 Posts: 40,635
    So, has anyone seen it yet, and if so, what are your thoughts? My friends are picking me up in an hour and we're going out to see it, and I've only heard great things so far. I can't wait.

EDIT: Wow. Went to see the 7:00 PM showing, and it was sold out, but my friends and I were dedicated, so we got tickets for the 10:45 PM showing and waited it out. I'm blown away at how tremendous this film is. It has to be my favorite film of QT, by far, and most certainly my second favorite film of the year behind SF.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Waltz, Di Caprio and Jackson top notch, Jamie Foxx also quite good. Violent and trashy, but then it's a Quentin Tarantino movie. But apart from that, it is quite long and starts dragging once Waltz and Foxx meet DiCaprio's Candi (liked Di Caprio being a badass for once)... So I hope, we will not get an extended cut, unless we would get parts of the story being omitted... And Waltz should really be considered as a Bond villain...
    Waltz, Di Caprio and Jackson top notch, Jamie Foxx also quite good. Violent and trashy, but then it's a Quentin Tarantino movie. But apart from that, it is quite long and starts dragging once Waltz and Foxx meet DiCaprio's Candi (liked Di Caprio being a badass for once)... So I hope, we will not get an extended cut, unless we would get parts of the story being omitted... And Waltz should really be considered as a Bond villain...

I was loving the film so much that I had absolutely no problem with the pacing. If anything, the film picked up more for me when Candie came in to the picture. Why do you hope we don't receive an extended cut? You know it will be optional, correct? I will pay an insane amount of money for his five-hour cut on blu-ray.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    edited February 2013 Posts: 1,261
    Creasy47 wrote:

I was loving the film so much that I had absolutely no problem with the pacing. If anything, the film picked up more for me when Candie came in to the picture. Why do you hope we don't receive an extended cut? You know it will be optional, correct? I will pay an insane amount of money for his five-hour cut on blu-ray.

Well, anyone to his/her own likeing. I just thought, the story was not so strong for such a running time. What I thought to be pity, that two dialogues, which feature on the soundtrack, were cut, especially the one
    when Schultz asks Django what would happend if the two of them would walk into the saloon and get drinks, and then asking, if that would be enough to get the sheriff, so that we konow, the only reason for Schultz doing so, is to get the sheriff to kill him.
    And the one scene with
    Don Johnson and Waltz about women being used as show ponies also was cut. Would have been noce to keep it, but actually does not harm. Only would have made Big Daddy's character even more nasty.
    But that's just me and my 50 cents. I had the same problem with IB and JB. But then I don't know, how much of the script has been filmed and what was cut before shooting. The announced cameo parts for Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Anthony LaPaglia probably were two of three mining guy (one of them being played QT), at least if one read the statements of Gordon-Levitt, that they would play Australian slave traders for the mining company. Then we know Costner was up to play a charcter named Ace Woody, when he dropped out, the role was offered to Kurt Russell, but when he also left, his part and lines went to Walton Goggins' Billy Crash character.
    The scene with Sacha Baron Cohen never got filmed, as he dropped out before shooting. Would have been a nice and funny part, but all these scenes actually never were shot, so we won't get them on an extended cut.
    @DoctorKaufmann, I'm sure the two spoiler scenes you mentioned are in that big five-hour cut that QT keeps speaking of. I also know of a few different introductions of characters, alongside a lot more dialogue between Crash and Candie/Django.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @DoctorKaufmann, I'm sure the two spoiler scenes you mentioned are in that big five-hour cut that QT keeps speaking of. I also know of a few different introductions of characters, alongside a lot more dialogue between Crash and Candie/Django.

Well, in that case, we will have to wait for the mentioned *sigh* 5 hour Director's Cut. :O B-) But as I said, the Cohen thing never got shot, and the other scene mentioned will remian as it is, as the Gordon-Levitt and LaPaglias did not shoot ths iscene and were replaced with QT, Parks and Jarret... #:-S ;)
    I'm seeing 'Django Unchained' listed as a Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook Edition on www.bluray.com at $29.99, but when I click the link, it takes me to a page that cannot be found. Perhaps it was a premature Best Buy posting, or it was just false information and they really aren't doing one?
    'Django Unchained' will be coming to a UK home release on May 20th, 2013. The link to Best Buy has been fixed, and it shows a copy (though it says nothing about it being a steelbook, although that's what it states it is on www.bluray.com) for $29.99. If this is true, I'll be buying it.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,399
    "100 Black Coffins" by Rick Ross

not a bad rap song.. i dont mind Rick Ross, though i believe he is extremely overrated and only makes 1 good song out of 15 songs per album... but still, it's catchy, and sound really good with some subs..

• HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    "Ancora Qui" by Elisa Toffoli and Ennio Morricone

probably my favorite original song off the whole soundtrack... it's the very definition of beautiful.

just saw this on IMDB via Hollywood Reporter - found it interesting..

Italian Composer Ennio Morricone: I'll Never Work With Tarantino Again

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/italian-composer-morricone-slams-tarantino-428954
    HASEROT wrote:
    just saw this on IMDB via Hollywood Reporter - found it interesting..

Italian Composer Ennio Morricone: I'll Never Work With Tarantino Again

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/italian-composer-morricone-slams-tarantino-428954
    Ah yes,
    Created quite a hassle earlier.
    I think both of them are great though!