Which countries have produced the best Bond girls?

124»

Comments

• After a recent watch of Thunderball I couldn't take eyes of Luciana Paluzzi and Claudine Auger didn't generate nowhere near as much interest so Italy whips France on that one, but Corrine Clery was the best in Moonraker so France gets back into it, although never was a fan of Eva Green or Sophie Marceau, so our gallic friends take another slide back

Favorite bond girl ever is Jane Seymour, followed by Ursula Andress and Barabara Bach so it would be easy to say England is an overall winner, with Switzerland and our own United States in close proximity, but it's never as clear cut as that

Was unable to arrive at a yet definitive response. Many different Bond girls, many competing nations, but no clear winner on this issue
    Stana Katic (Canadian CSIS agent Corrine from QoS) is the lead Canadian Bond-girl. Might be the only one actually.
    She's better known of course for her co-lead role in Castle.
    I am hesitating between France and Italy. But the UK produces some great ones too, although unevenly.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @Baltimore_007, you know what you are talking about, my friend. Fiona Volpe is just mesmerising; my all time, undisputed favourite Bond girl and by default, Italy takes the lead here simply because of Luciana alone.
  • I vacillate on this depending on the year. Before Skyfall I would have said Italy, then France, then Sweden. Now I'd go France, Italy, Sweden.

• edited January 2014 Posts: 316
    If we're talking hotness, then Italy takes the cake. Caterina Murino as Solange, Paluzzi as Volpe, Daniela Bianchi as Tanya, etc. following closely is Britain (Solitaire to be specific) and France for hottest Bond girls.
    Funny thing is the Swedes never really appealed to me. Kristina Wayborn's Magda is simply stunning and Maud Adams is attractive, but not THAT attractive. And I can't be the only one who thinks Britt Ekland more than sort of resembles a baboon. Izabella Scorupco is pretty hot, but she's only half Swedish. Whatever, maybe my proud Norwegian heritage makes me less inclined to like our Swedish rivals :)
    Character wise, Italy doesn't measure up. While Volpe does put the team on her back, so to speak, Solange is too much a minor character to make much of an impact and Tanya annoys me. The best character Bond girls are the French. Elektra, Vesper, Severine, Domino, Melina. Corinne is a bit of a letdown but not as bad as Tanya was. Italy comes in second solely because of Volpe. I guess dear old England comes in third. And i'm sorry to have to admit that old 'Murica undoubtedly brings up the caboose of Bond girls (except Pam and maybe Tiffany) **==

As I was going through my list, it really surprised me how few British bond girls there have been. The only ones, correct me if i'm wrong, are Eunice Gayson, Shirley Eaton, Honor Blackman, Diana Rigg, Jane Seymour, Rosamund Pike, and Gemma Arterton (and Serena Scott Thomas) (also, is Maryam d'Abo British? I feel like she is but I also feel like she isn't). Still a lot, but fewer than I remember. Maybe it's that so many of the characters are British but not the actresses. There are also a lot more Americans than I remember.

EDIT: As I saw this earlier in the thread and don't think it was ever cleared up, Grace Jones is Jamaican. And although d'Abo was born in London she is of Georgian heritage and was raised outside the UK so I wouldn't consider her a Brit.
    That's quite a lot of Brits, isn't it? There's that awful woman doing the evaluation at the start of GE as well. Sure there are others.

Surely the whole point of Bond is that he's an ambassador for Britain - on a global level.
  • @Getafix oh im not saying there aren't a lot, it's just fewer than I remember. Like, for some reason I just always kind of felt like there was a British girl in basically every film
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    If we're talking hotness, then Italy takes the cake. Caterina Murino as Solange, Paluzzi as Volpe, Daniela Bianchi as Tanya, etc.

Testify.gif
    @Getafix oh im not saying there aren't a lot, it's just fewer than I remember. Like, for some reason I just always kind of felt like there was a British girl in basically every film

That's probably just down to the reputation that British girls have - they do tend to get around a bit!