Plans for all six James Bond actors to meet at 50th Anniversary premiere party

13»

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If Sean was to connect with the audience and other Bonds, I would be satisfied if that was the only way he could make it. Just to see him on firm ground with EON and to show his gratitude to the franchise will put a smile on my face.
    I have not heard that he was that ill. About a year or so ago he was in LA at a screening of THe Man Who Would Be King and doing well ( I know someone who attended). I thought he was just taking it easy and playing golf.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's also worth noting Connery has retired from public appearances, so why would he participate here?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 4,813
    Exactly as I mentioned on page 1. Some people have just made up their mind that Sean must be 'in poor health'. I say that's nonsense and he's probably chilaxing on his couch with a good book and a whiskey as we speak!

And yes I know the man won't live forever (unfortunately) but when he retires from public appearances.... it means just that! No more public appearances!
    @JamesPage did say otherwise a while ago...maybe he can clear this up?
    Well it is where his BIG BIG breakthrough came. I hope he is in good health and spirits! But i also hope he would take a few minutes to acknowledge what Bond had done for him with setting him up for life!

Whether in person or a recorded message or a live satellite link? I have no doubt that everyone connected with the franchise will be thrilled including me!
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 21
    According to Roger Moore, none of the earlier actors has been asked yet. At least as far as he knows.
    Tongue majorly in cheek i would have thought!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Tongue majorly in cheek i would have thought!

I too! You'd have think something would have been mentioned by now, at least in passing, just not officially.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    It would be nice to think Sean has realised that maybe he's too long in the tooth to deny his exceptional part in Bond's history, and that any old grudges against the late Cubby should be forgotten for one night.
    However in truth for whatever reason I think there's only a 5% chance of him attending, just as there is a 95% chance of Roger appearing (bless him).

We are all pretty much agreed that Craig, Lazenby and Dalton would be there at such an event and only Brosnan is 50/50.
    It pains me to mention it but I've always said Sean will be the first Bond to die. :((

And Rog will probably outlive Lazenby.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Fortunately all Bonds still alive, just like the own Bond nowadays ;)

For me, the Bond actors will die last, I know that.
    The_Reaper wrote:
    It pains me to mention it but I've always said Sean will be the first Bond to die. :((

And Rog will probably outlive Lazenby.

Wow! You certainly live up to your name? ;)
    I think Roger will outlive Sean and Lazenby, Lazenby said not long back that he don't do any working out and you can see this has taken effect on him.

Roger is like the Jack Lalanne of the Bonds and we will see him live into his 90's
  • There should be no talk about any Bonds passing away regardless of how we feel about them personally from a 007 actors perspective, Bond actors should be immortal one would like to think, I sincerely hope and believe they will all be here to stay for some time to come. In an ideal world and with the 50th anniversary celebrations this year and it's mammoth for the franchise, It would be something to behold to have all the past 007s together for one night, put any differences aside or past disputes and just enjoy the evening, I don't know if it could really happen, but It's something I would quite like to see, it's the half century anniversary, such a big occasion for anyone associated with James Bond, so maybe they could try and make an effort, health permitting of course. I'd ideally like to see them all together if they could manage it
  • Virage wrote:
    Infact why don't we decide the most secsessfull film by ticket takings because of inflation and the rising cost of tickets?

I mean if that dosn't work EVERYONE SEE SKYFALL NO MATTER WHAT (Yes I want Avatar knocked of a perch it dosn't deserve)

We can't beat avatar, as much as I agree with you that it doesn't deserve alll the ptaise and money (I laughed my arse of when hurt locker beat it at the oscars). Harry potter finally stopped (thank god), but now avatar 2 n 3 are coming. But sooner or later bond will be the top box office earner again.
  • NicNac wrote:
    It would be nice to think Sean has realised that maybe he's too long in the tooth to deny his exceptional part in Bond's history, and that any old grudges against the late Cubby should be forgotten for one night.
    However in truth for whatever reason I think there's only a 5% chance of him attending, just as there is a 95% chance of Roger appearing (bless him).

We are all pretty much agreed that Craig, Lazenby and Dalton would be there at such an event and only Brosnan is 50/50.

Connery does have health problems though, to be fair. Moore will be there no matter what, say what you will about the guys films but you can't deny he loves the franchise. Dalton will probably go (as he should, you can't get the bonds together without the greatest bond ever), so will lasenby. I really hope brosnan turns up as he's my 2nd fave.
    I think the only Bond i have doubts about being able to make it? Is Connery on health issues? The way round it is some kind of satellite link if he would agree to it?
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 278
    I believe that they will ALL turn up, and why because Eon/Sony will most prob donate a good sum of cash to a charity of there choice's!!??
    And we all know charity is good for PR, and Connery loves a pound note!!, as we all do I guess!! >:)

And let's face it, none of them would be anywhere near where they are now if it wasn't for Bond....So lets party and leave our ego's at home!!?
    MrEon wrote:
    I believe that they will ALL turn up, and why because Eon/Sony will most prob donate a good sum of cash to a charity of there choice's!!??
    And we all know charity is good for PR, and Connery loves a pound note!!, as we all do I guess!! >:)

And let's face it, none of them would be anywhere near where they are now if it wasn't for Bond....So lets party and leave our ego's at home!!?

I hope you are right my friend? It would be fantastic to see them all together onstage!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Grant wrote:
    Yes we all have an 'insight' into how Brosnan feels. No reason why he shouldn't show up. He is an adult after all compared to many of the posters here.

He's also clearly more talented than many posters here (read: watch The Matador, folks).
    NicNac wrote:

Yup, and methinks if we knew all the facts, The Brozzer's on-going prissiness when it comes to Eon could well be understandable. We really don't know what went on between them when he was 'de-Bonded' - but I do suspect, given how ruthless they can be, Eon did shaft him in some way or another. Not that I particularly feel sorry for him; he's had a great career, most of it off the back of 007. But just sayin'... :)
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Brozza may go if Judi Dench goes - I get the impression those two got on.

Doubt it though.

Bab's will probably give him the evils.
  • Did anything ever come of this? The anniversary has come and gone, and it doesn't seem like this ever happened. Too bad; seems like a real missed opportunity to get at least 3 or 4 of these guys together in a room. Photos of multiple Bonds together are so rare.