Plans for all six James Bond actors to meet at 50th Anniversary premiere party

Comments

Connery is very frail now. He doesnt move from Nassau. The South Bank show had to go to him rather then him come to them.

Rog, Laz and Tim will be gracious enough to attend and it will be Dans show anyway.

Brozzer will be too scared just in case Laz jumps him in a dark alley.
  • actonsteve wrote:
    Connery is very frail now. He doesnt move from Nassau. The South Bank show had to go to him rather then him come to them.

Rog, Laz and Tim will be gracious enough to attend and it will be Dans show anyway.

that'll be a video message from Sean and the disco diva then ;)
  • Pussfella wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

You're probably right. Only Connery has the excuse of being in his 80s. Lazenby being able to kick Brosnan's ass is a given, hell skinny little Michael G. Wilson could probably give Brosnan reason to worry.

BTW great username. Do you "wrastle" alligators?
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Bond would never be what he is today, without specially Brosnan and Sean. Roger, Timothy and Lazemby themselves made a VERY great job, i admit it, but what made bond even more famous, for me, it was Sean and Brosnan. I think that they should stop being rough about their their Bond past and see it was something that revealed them, and made their career. Brosnan's my favourite Bond (Along with craig), although i don't understand yet WHY he can't talk about Bond again!! He's famous just because of the 007's name, If no one of them had a great career before, Bond was the one which made all the actors very, VERY famous, and it's time for them to stop the childish, give that up and show themselves on that anniversary's 50th party.
    If Bond was real, I guess he wouldn't like of what Sean and Pierce were doing.

I wouln't say it was Sean and pierce who made Bond what it is, but Sean and Roger. Sean started it all and Roger proved Bond could still be successful without Sean. Roger in the late 70s was more popular than Pierce was during the 90s.
    jaguar007 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Bond would never be what he is today, without specially Brosnan and Sean. Roger, Timothy and Lazemby themselves made a VERY great job, i admit it, but what made bond even more famous, for me, it was Sean and Brosnan. I think that they should stop being rough about their their Bond past and see it was something that revealed them, and made their career. Brosnan's my favourite Bond (Along with craig), although i don't understand yet WHY he can't talk about Bond again!! He's famous just because of the 007's name, If no one of them had a great career before, Bond was the one which made all the actors very, VERY famous, and it's time for them to stop the childish, give that up and show themselves on that anniversary's 50th party.

I wouln't say it was Sean and pierce who made Bond what it is, but Sean and Roger. Sean started it all and Roger proved Bond could still be successful without Sean. Roger in the late 70s was more popular than Pierce was during the 90s.

Was he? I wasn't around in the late 70s so don't know but I thought Pierce was seen as "second to Connery" during his run. I remember an American critic describing him as such during a DAD review (he hated the film itself though).
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,778
    BAIN123 wrote:
    jaguar007 wrote:
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Was he? I wasn't around in the late 70s so don't know but I thought Pierce was seen as "second to Connery" during his run. I remember an American critic describing him as such during a DAD review (he hated the film itself though).

That was Roger Ebert who always had it in for Moore. But yes Moore was very popular in his day. In subsequent years his performances just haven't aged well in the public's mind. The same will happen to Brosnan. It just goes to show you that serious tends to win over campy.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 11,189
    It wasn't Ebert but Siskel that had it in for Moore and by DAD Siskel had died. It was another critic who said that in 2002 (can't remember his name).

I'm not saying Moore wasn't popular. He certainly was but I got the impression Broz was more so.
    "A feast for my eyes!" i so hope this happens! Its top of the wish list to see all 6 actors together! There will never again be such an ideal occasion for this to happen! [-O<
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Pussfella wrote:
    actonsteve wrote:

You're probably right. Only Connery has the excuse of being in his 80s.

Not a good one. Roger is in his 80s too, and three years older than Sean!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RogueAgent wrote:
    "A feast for my eyes!" i so hope this happens! Its top of the wish list to see all 6 actors together! There will never again be such an ideal occasion for this to happen! [-O<

And not such another occasion where all the actors will be alive. Let's face it, another 50 to the big three-digit-100 may see all the past 6 dead. A sad thought.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    [

I was around in the late seventies and saw each one come out. You cannot believe the hype and popularity of Roger as Bond in those days. Particularly Spy.
    Not a good one. Roger is in his 80s too, and three years older than Sean!

But he is not as frail as Sean. Sean can hardly walk.

actonsteve wrote:
    BAIN123 wrote:
    [

I was around in the late seventies and saw each one come out. You cannot believe the hype and popularity of Roger as Bond in those days. Particularly Spy.

I've seen photo's and video's of premier's. Moonraker in particular looked huge and I remember reading it was the highest grossing film until GE.
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited January 2012 Posts: 2,629
    Wikipedia entry on Sean's health:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Connery

Health

In 1993, news that Connery was undergoing radiation treatment for an undisclosed throat ailment sparked media reports that the actor was suffering from throat cancer following years of heavy smoking, and he was falsely declared dead by the Japanese and South African news agencies. Connery immediately appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman to deny all of this. In a February 1995 interview with Entertainment Weekly, he said that the radiation treatment was to remove nodules from his vocal cords. (His father, a heavy smoker, died from throat cancer in 1972.) In 2003, he had surgery to remove cataracts from both eyes. On 12 March 2006, he announced he was recovering from surgery in January to remove a kidney tumour. In 2008, he chipped a bone in his shoulder after falling while playing golf. In October 2009, he told Wine Spectator magazine that he has been diagnosed with a heart condition.[59]

Kind of understandable if he wasn't able to participate.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Wow... o.o that's a pity... I hope he doesn't has something more grave by now.
    Yes we all have an 'insight' into how Brosnan feels. No reason why he shouldn't show up. He is an adult after all compared to many of the posters here.
    BAIN123 wrote:

I became a Bond fan in the 70s and yes, I remember the movies (especially TSWLM & MR) being much bigger deals than they were in the 80s, 90s and 00s.
    Keep in mind Lazenby was a black belt trained by Bruce Lee and legit tough guy.

Yes, Lazenby was a black belt, but he was not trained by Bruce Lee (it is a common myth). He was set to star in films with Lee, but he died before any filming started. I met Lazenby in 1994 and he commented about Lee. He was supposed to have dinner with him the night he died, but he did say he did not know Lee that well.
  • Grant wrote:
    Yes we all have an 'insight' into how Brosnan feels. No reason why he shouldn't show up. He is an adult after all compared to many of the posters here.

yea - but an adult very prone to sounding off and being a right diva...

he's been slagging off bond quite recently actually
    Pussfella wrote:
    Grant wrote:

yea - but an adult very prone to sounding off and being a right diva...

he's been slagging off bond quite recently actually

Where?
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 1,778
    Moore's popularity has seemingly been forgotten in recent years. If he weren't popular his films wouldn't have grossed what they did. With inflation taken into account Moore's films were consistantly the second highest grossing in the series, behind Connery's. In fact the highest grossing non-Connery film is a Moore film. I believe either LALD or MR. Craig's films are the third highest followed by Brosnan's, followed by Lazenby's only effort, and unfortunatly Dalton's grossed the least. So no according to ticket sales Brosnan was not that popular.
    Infact why don't we decide the most secsessfull film by ticket takings because of inflation and the rising cost of tickets?

I mean if that dosn't work EVERYONE SEE SKYFALL NO MATTER WHAT (Yes I want Avatar knocked of a perch it dosn't deserve)
    Not even seen Avatar! Heard all the hype and seen clips! But apart from the real life action? The CGI seems like a game to me but doesnt real amaze or appeal to me?
    edited January 2012 Posts: 28,694
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Not even seen Avatar! Heard all the hype and seen clips! But apart from the real life action? The CGI seems like a game to me but doesnt real amaze or appeal to me?
    I refuse to see it. I've heard from fellow cinephiles it is a clichéd mess, and I believe them. The only reason regular people like it is because "it looks pwwetty".
    RogueAgent wrote:
    "it looks pwwetty".

It does look extremely pwwetty. Thats one thing you need to give it - it is spectacular unlike a lot of CGI infested films.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    "it looks pwwetty".

It does look extremely pwwetty. Thats one thing you need to give it - it is spectacular unlike a lot of CGI infested films.

No, not at all. A film stands on its story, characters, setting, and impact. Not on looks.

Back on the topic of Sean's health, is it really that bad for him? I guess I just have a hard time picturing it. Sean has always been the epitome of toughness and strength for me, and it is just shocking to hear news of him being "frail".
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Nature eventually has everyone at it's mercy.
    The only certain way if sean is that ill? Is a live satellite feed to the event so he can interact with the other 5 actors? If he is up to that then i would hope that would satisfy everyone?

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I think it would great to have them all together, but honestly I don't see it happening.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I bet if there was some golf tournament taking place in Scotland Connery would jet set first class to get his butt there. In fact, what if we had all 6 actors gathered on a golf course, that should at least get big Tam interested.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    If it's at golf course then I want in too. It would an honor to play golf with them, maybe even give them some advice..being a PGA pro.